You may feel the default ringtones boring and want to set your favorite song as the ringtone on your iPhone. When enjoying the customized ringtones on your iPhone, you will also find that the downloaded and purchased ringtones have inevitably taken too much of the storage. So, it is wise of you to move the unused ringtones to your computer to free up more iPhone storage.
Is there any easy method to transfer ringtones from iPhone to computer? Sure. You are going to learn two effective solutions in the post.
Part 1. How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to Computer via Coolmuster
Part 2. How to Copy Tones from iPhone to iTunes (Purchased Only)
Bonus Tips: How to Make Custom Ringtones for iPhone with iTunes
To transfer both purchased and non-purchased ringtones from iPhone to computer, Coolmuster iOS Assistant is the best choice. It supports multiple tone formats, like MP3, M4A, AAC, AIF, WAV, MPEG, etc., and allows you to preview and selectively transfer the ringtones you like in 3 steps. Besides, it offers you two options to save your ringtones - either back up the ringtones on your computer or the default iTunes backup location.
All in all, you can use it to transfer tones from iPhone to PC, back up and restore the overall iPhone files, and manage your iPhone data.
* Auto-scan the iPhone data and display them on the interface by category.
* One-click to transfer ringtones from iPhone to a computer without iTunes.
* Support various ringtone formats, including MP3, MPEG, M4A, AAC, AIF, WAV, etc.
* Preview the ringtone details and choose the ones you want to save to the computer or the default iTunes backup location.
* One-click management, 3 easy steps, and multiple tone formats supported.
* Intuitive, secure, and reliable to use.
* Work with almost all iPhone models running iOS 5 to iOS 14 or higher, such as iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
Here is how to get ringtones off iPhone without iTunes.
1. Download Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
Open this iPhone ringtone transfer software after installing it on your computer, and you will see the initial interface below.
2. Link your iPhone with the computer.
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone with this computer and hit Trust if a window pops up on your device. Then, click Continue on the program to move on.
3. Sync ringtones from iPhone to the computer.
Once connected, choose Music from the left panel, click the group Tones, and freely preview the ringtone details. After checking the desired ringtones, tap the Export button on the top and select a backup location to save the files.
Note: Wonder how to transfer ringtones to iPhone from computer for use? This guide gives you pretty explicit instructions.
Can you transfer ringtones from iPhone to iTunes? The answer is yes. But iTunes only supports tones purchased from iTunes Store, not from other sources, or customize by yourself. Apart from this, the major bug reported by many people is that it may cause data loss from your iPhone. Moreover, the syncing process may duplicate the purchased files on the iTunes library. Also, you cannot selectively transfer the wanted ringtones but the whole tone library to the computer.
If you don't mind the above disadvantages, you can do with the following steps:
1. Authorize your computer to work with the iTunes Store purchases by clicking the iTunes icon > Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer > Authorize.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and launch iTunes.
3. When iTunes detects your iPhone, click File in iTunes window > tap Devices > Transfer Purchases from iPhone. Finally, it will transfer all the purchases from your iPhone to the iTunes library, like ringtones, music, TV shows, movies, audiobooks, etc.
How relaxing and exciting it is when a customized ringtone rings on your iPhone! If you want to customize a ringtone for yourself, you will get the steps here.
1. Drag the MP3 file into the iTunes library. After cropping and saving the necessary part of the MP3 file, pull it into the iTunes library.
2. Right-click the music you wish to customize and click Get Info > Options > set a start and stop time for the tone.
3. Tap the File tab at the upper-left corner, choose the option Convert and then Create AAC Version from the menu.
Afterward, go to the location path, find the music file, rename it, and change the extension .m4a into .m4r. Once done, your iPhone will recognize the audio file as a ringtone.
4. Remove the AAC file and the MP3 file from the iTunes library to avoid mixing them and import the .m4r file into iTunes. iTunes will then sync and add the ringtone to your iPhone.
To transfer ringtones from iPhone to a computer, you can choose the top 2 ways introduced in the above sections. If you hope to transfer all the purchased and non-purchased ringtones from your iPhone to a computer, you can make Coolmuster iOS Assistant the prior consideration. This iPhone ringtone transfer software leaves out any redundant operations and makes the desired songs transferred safely. By comparison, iTunes only lets you transfer the purchased ringtones from the iTunes Store.
You can decide according to your needs. And, if you need more technical support from us, please tell us in the comments.