The iPhone 13 has come out for some time, and iPhone 14 is coming. While switching from your old iPhone to the iPhone 14, you may want to transfer the customized ringtones to your new iPhone. Then, iTunes may occur to you when it comes to sending ringtones to iPhone. In the past, iTunes does do this job. However, since it updated to iTunes 12.7, transferring ringtones to iPhone has been not available on iTunes. So, you have to find other ways to do ringtones transfer to new iPhone. How to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone? In this post, we offer you 4 easy ways. Besides, you will also learn how to make a custom ringtone for your iPhone by yourself.
Way 1. How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone 13 in One Click with iPhone Ringtones Transfer (Recommended)
Way 2. How to Transfer Ringtones from One iPhone to Another via iTunes (iTunes 12.7 and Later Not Supported)
Way 3. How to Get Old Ringtones on New iPhone 13 Using OneDrive
Way 4. How to AirDrop Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone 13
Bonus: 2 Ways to Make a Custom Ringtone for Your iPhone 13
iPhone Ringtones Transfer, one of the best iTunes alternative, allows you to share ringtones between iPhones. Besides, you can also make ringtones from your favorite music with this excellent program.
2 steps to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone:
Note: As Apple has strengthened the data security in iOS 13 and later versions, you may need to enter the password twice when using this program. Also, if you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes and made an encrypted password to it, you will need to unlock it by providing the iTunes encryption password on this program, and confirm your operation with the iPhone password.
1. Launch iPhone Ringtones Transfer after installing it on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
2. After this program detects your device, you can now transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone. Click the Music option from the left panel, select the Ringtones folder from the sub-folders, and tick the checkboxes next to the items you want to transfer. Then, hit the Phone icon on the top menu to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone.
If you still use the old versions of iTunes on your computer, you can easily sync music from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes. However, managing ringtones has been removed from iTunes 12.7 and higher versions forever. Before you start the process, please note that this way only supports purchased ringtones. What's more, the syncing process will erase the existing media files on the target iPhone, like ringtones, music, videos, etc.
How can I send a ringtone from my iPhone to another iPhone?
1. Start your Mac, launch iTunes, and click the Edit option on the Apple menu. Next, click Preferences > Devices > Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.
2. Transfer ringtones from the source iPhone to the iTunes library. After setting up, connect the source iPhone to the Mac via a USB cable, and launch iTunes if it does not open automatically. Then, tap the File option from the upper-left corner > Device > Transfer Purchases from iPhone > Hit the Apply option at the lower-right corner. iTunes will sync the purchased ringtones and other media files to the iTunes library. After that, disconnect the source iPhone from the computer.
3. Sync ringtones from iTunes library to the target iPhone. Connect the target iPhone to the computer and click the iPhone icon at the top left corner of iTunes interface. Then, select the Tones option from the left panel > tick the Sync Tones option > choose to sync All tones or Selected tones > Hit the Apply button below.
You might need: My photos cannot transfer all to my new iPhone 14. Why does it occur?
If you wish to do ringtones transfer to a new iPhone wirelessly, you can select one cloud service, like Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive. To use this way, you can also back up ringtones to the cloud safely. Here, we are introducing how to do it with OneDrive.
Follow these tips to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone directly:
1. Install Microsoft OneDrive from the App Store and sign in to it on both iPhones.
2. Open OneDrive on the source iPhone, tap + icon > Upload, and select the ringtones you want to transfer from the device storage. After selection, tap the Upload icon to begin the transfer process.
3. Run OneDrive on the target iPhone and refresh the interface. Then navigate to the file to which you uploaded the ringtones and download the ringtones to the local storage on the target iPhone.
Can you AirDrop ringtones to iPhone 13? Certainly. AirDrop is a wireless way to transfer documents, photos, videos, websites, map locations, ringtones, and more files from iPhone to a nearby iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. It needs to enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to find and connect the two devices.
If you do not mind its slowness in transferring, you can select this way.
The steps are as below:
1. Place both iPhones close and enable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirDrop from the Control Center: Swipe up (or down on some iOS versions) to launch the Control Center > Tap the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirDrop icon to enable them > Select Contacts Only or Everyone from the pop-up window. Alternatively, you can also turn on the three features from Settings > General > head over to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirDrop in turns and toggle them on.
2. Open the Music app on the source iPhone, select the ringtones and tap the Share button displayed in the ringtones' detailed information. Next, hit the target iPhone's name and send them over.
3. Click the Accept option on the target iPhone to receive the ringtones.
Now you know how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone. If you discover other beautiful music and wish to make it your ringtone, you can select either way below to make a custom ringtone for your new iPhone.
Option 1. iPhone Ringtones Transfer
In Way 1, we introduce that iPhone Ringtones Transfer can transfer and make custom ringtones from your favorite music for your iPhone. Here, we will show you how to make it:
1. Install iPhone Ringtones Transfer on your computer and connect your iPhone 13 to the computer.
2. Click the Toolbox section from the left panel, choose the Ringtones Maker and where to import your favorite music. Then, choose the wanted music from the list and tap the Select button.
3. Edit the music and hit the Generate button to save the necessary part as your ringtone. Finally, save the ringtone to your iPhone.
Option 2. iTunes
To create a custom ringtone with iTunes, you will need to make sure that your favorite music is already in your iTunes library. If it isn't, you can sync the music to the iTunes library first. (Launch iTunes > click the File option on the Apple menu > tap Add to iTunes Library > select your favorite music > hit Open.)
Then, you can try these steps:
1. Run iTunes on your Mac.
2. Find the song you want in iTunes library > right click it > hit Get Info (or Show Info) > select Options > check the Start and Stop options and enter the time when you want to start or stop > tap OK.
After that, ensure that the track is still selected, then click File > Convert > Create AAC version > right-click the new track in iTunes and select Show in Windows Explorer to locate to the new AAC file on your computer > head to View > File Name Extensions to make the file extensions appear in the File Explorer.
3. Right-click the track and select Rename, you will see the file extension. Note that .m4r is for iPhone use and .ogg is for Android use. At last, you can send this ringtone to your iPhone. That's done!
Now you have got to know how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone. To fast transfer ringtones to your new iPhone with the minimum steps, I highly recommend you to use iPhone Ringtones Transfer. It's easy, safe, and enables you to make the custom ringtone for your iPhone. You can give it a try.
If you run into difficulties when using, please leave a comment below.