"Hi, everyone, yesterday my iPhone X's screen got broken. So, I took a backup of my iPhone X to iTunes. Now I got a new iPhone 11 Pro Max, and I restored backup from iTunes but cannot see my contacts. Is there any way to get contacts from iTunes backup? Thanks, Fredy."
I came across this post in an Apple Support Community. Contacts, as one of the most important data types on iPhone, affects us a lot in our daily life. If you have made an iTunes backup of contacts earlier and want to restore contacts from iTunes backup, you can follow the three simple ways in this article to get contacts from iPhone backup easily.
Part 1. How to Restore Contacts from iTunes Backup without Erasing Data via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
Part 2. How to Extract Contacts from iTunes Backup with Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor
Part 3. How to Get Contacts from iTunes Backup with iTunes
The most recommended way to restore contacts from iTunes backup is using Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. This professional iOS data recovery program comes with two recovery modes: Recover from iOS Device & Recover from iTunes backup. Both modes let you preview and selectively save the deleted or existing files to a customized location on PC.
This tool can scan your iTunes backup automatically without connecting your iPhone to PC. You can recover contacts, text messages, call logs, camera roll, Safari, Safari history, notes, etc., from iTunes to PC. The process will not cause any data loss. What's more, you can export the contacts to PC in CSV, HTML, VCF formats for easy management.
Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery works well with all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod, such as iPhone 14/13/12/SE (2nd generation)/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus, etc.
How to restore contacts from backup on PC?
1. Launch Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery your computer and select Recover from iTunes Backup Files. The software will show you the iTunes backup you created on this computer. You can choose the backup you want and click Start Scan to continue.
2. By default, the software will select all the supported data types to scan. If you want, you can only select Contacts and click Start Scan.
3. After scanning, you can view the contacts with details. Select the files you need to recover, then click the Recover to Computer button to save them on PC. Then, you can transfer the contacts from PC to iPhone easily.
You may like:
Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor is the another recommended app to restore contacts from iTunes. With it, you can extract iPhone data from iTunes backup files on computer without connecting iPhone to PC. It supports to preview the thumbnails of iPhone files and extract photos, contacts, calendars, SMS, reminders, voice memos, etc. for iPhone. Besides, it is widely compatible with all iPhones, such as iPhone 14/13/12/SE (2nd generation)/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus, etc.
How to restore contacts on iPhone?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor on your computer, it will then automatically detect your computer and display iDevices backup records you have done with this computer. Simply select the iTunes backup files that you need and click Start Scan option below to extract iTunes backups.
2. After scanning, this software will display all iPhone contents in categories.
3. Select Contacts from the left sidebar, check the contacts you want to restore and tap Recover to Computer option below to extract contacts from iPhone backup.
Couldn't find your contacts from backup? You can follow this guide to retrieve deleted contacts on iPhone without backup.
If you desire to get your old messages back from your iPhone, you can read this article to learn useful methods.
You can also retrieve contacts from iPhone backup using iTunes. However, note that restoring contacts from iTunes backup via iTunes will erase all existing media tracks on your iPhone as well as replace the contacts on iPhone with the iTunes backup contacts. To avoid losing existing data on iPhone, you can use above two ways to restore contacts from iTunes without overwriting existing data on iPhone.
How to get contacts from iTunes backup?
1. Run the latest iTunes on your computer and connect iPhone to computer via a USB cable.
2. Wait until iPhone appears in iTunes window, then right-click iPhone icon under the Devices list.
3. Tap Restore Backup, select the latest backup entry that appears under the most recent data and hit Restore to begin the process.
Other Tips: If you have backed contacts from iPhone to otherwhere, like iCloud, SIM card, Google, etc., you can import contacts to iPhone using these ways.
Backing up iPhone contacts to iTunes can prevent them from losing if your old iPhone is broken or fully stored. After you get a new iPhone, if you have no idea about how to get contacts from iTunes backup, you can read the effective ways introduced in this article and follow the step-by-step instructions to restore contacts from iTunes easily.
Personally, I highly recommend you to try Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery or Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor, which are professional in iOS backup and restoration, easy to use, fast and highly secure without overwriting the existing data on your iPhone. Of course, it is up to you to decide which way to choose. Well, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.