"I have researched quite a bit, and it is looking like this might not be possible, but I thought I would reach out and see. Got this iPhone from the sister of a friend who passed away at too early of an age. He pretty much shut everybody out toward the end. She would like to have any pictures that might be on the phone. Any advice would be great..."
- Excerpted from Reddit.com
Getting locked out of iPhone prevents you from accessing beautiful memories. Luckily, you can recover photos from a locked iPhone with the help of the five top-notch methods below.
Part 1. Can I Recover Photos from Locked iPhone and How to Fix a Disabled iPhone?
Part 2. How to Recover Photos from Locked iPhone via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery
Part 3. How to Get Pictures Off a Locked iPhone with iPhone Photo Recovery
Part 4. How to Retrieve Pictures from Locked iPhone Using iTunes Backup
Part 5. How to Get Photos from Locked iPhone with iCloud Backup
Part 6. How to Get Pictures Off iPhone without Passcode via Windows Media Gallery
Bonus Tip to Avoid Locking iPhone in the Future
Of course, yes! It is possible to recover photos from the locked iPhone even if you don't make a previous backup. All you need is a professional locked iPhone data recovery tool. If you have trusted the computer before, you can even export iPhone photos from the locked iPhone via iTunes without any obstacles. Or, you can find the photos back from iCloud backups if you have previously enabled the Automatic syncing features.
Besides the recovery possibilities, you can also try to fix the disabled iPhone by yourself via the following steps:
Note: As iPhone has fixed the bug, it is not 100% successful on all iPhone models.
Tips: Is it possible to transfer iCloud photos to an Android device? Sure, you can do it in a few clicks with the help of these detailed steps.
Suppose you have ever backed up the iPhone photos via iTunes before locking out of your iPhone. In that case, you can use Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery to restore photos without erasing the current data on your iPhone. Apart from photos, you can also get back other data from the locked iPhone, such as messages, message attachments, contacts, notes, note attachments, Safari, voice memos, calendars, etc.
The key features of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Restore photos, cameral roll data, contacts, notes, note attachments, messages, message attachments, calendars, voice memos, etc., from the iTunes backup file to a computer.
* Recover contacts, messages, and other files from the iPhone to a computer directly.
* Allow you to preview all content and choose the desired items to recover.
* Fast, easy, and user-friendly to use without data damages and file format change.
* Support all iPhone models, including iPhone 13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
To download pictures from the locked iPhone:
1. Install and run Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on your computer and select iOS Recovery > Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the interface.
2. Pick a backup file from the list when it displays the iTunes backup records on the interface and hit the Start Scan button. (Note: If you cannot find the wanted file, please tap the Select button below to pick the iTunes backup file from a customized folder.)
Next, tick off Photos or Camera Roll on the data selection interface and tap the Start Scan button again to scan the backup file.
3. After scanning, click Photos or Camera Roll on the left panel, check the images you want to restore after viewing, and click the Recover to Computer button at the lower-right corner to recover photos from locked iPhone to the computer.
You will still recover photos from a locked iPhone if you don't back up your iPhone beforehand. iPhone Photo Recovery is a powerful yet excellent software that allows you to recover the lost photos and other files from the iTunes/iCloud backup files or the iPhone itself without backup. Likewise, it also lets you preview and choose whatever you want to recover.
The highlights of iPhone Photo Recovery:
* Recover the lost photos and other data from iPhone without backup.
* Restore photos and other data from iTunes or iCloud backup files.
* Preview all the scanned-out data and select whatever you want to recover or back up.
* Apply to many scenarios: Locked iPhone, accidental deletion, water damage, lost/stolen iPhone, screen-broken iPhone, system crash, iOS upgrade failure, jailbreak failure, get stuck on Apple logo/recovery mode/DFU mode, etc.
* Fast speed, high success rate, and safe to use.
* Highly compatible with all iPhone models, like iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12 mini/12/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11, etc.
How to get photos off a locked iPhone without backup?
1. Install and open the app on your computer. Then, choose the Recover from iOS Device mode from the left side and connect your locked iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Later, tap the Start Scan button to scan the iPhone files.
2. After scanning, it will show all iPhone data on the interface. Choose Camera Roll from the left window, view all the thumbnails, and tick the wanted pictures to recover. Once done, tap the Recover button below to recover photos from the locked iPhone directly.
You may like:
Assume that you have backed up your iPhone photos with iTunes and trusted the computer before. You can also restore photos from the locked iPhone using iTunes. However, the syncing process may erase all the content on your locked iPhone. If you don't mind, repeat the instructions below.
How to get photos off disabled iPhone from iTunes backup?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and open iTunes if it doesn't launch automatically.
2. When the iPhone icon appears on the iTunes window, tap it and click the Restore Backup button under Summary > Backups.
3. Wait until the restoring process is complete.
You can also read:
If needed, you can browse this article to see how to transfer pictures from Mac to an Android device.
Click this link to get 8 effective tools to degrade iOS on your iPhone.
You can use iCloud to restore photos provided that you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud before it is locked. The following steps show you how.
1. On your computer, visit iCloud.com from a browser and enter the same Apple ID and password you use on the locked iPhone to sign in.
2. Tap All Devices and select the locked iPhone from the list.
3. Click the Erase iPhone option, and it will erase all iPhone data and the lock screen password.
4. Set up your iPhone as a new one and choose the Restore from the iCloud Backup option on the Apps & Data screen.
5. After confirming the operation with your Apple ID, pick the latest backup file and hit the Restore button.
Guess you like:
Can HEIC be opened on Android? Of course, as long as you know this guide, you can make it easy.
With this article, you can get 8 effective ways to transfer large videos from your iPhone to PC.
Suppose that you have trusted your Windows PC on your iPhone before it gets locked. In that case, you can export pictures from the locked iPhone with the Windows Media Gallery.
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and plug your iPhone into the PC using a USB cable.
2. Run Start > Photos on your PC and tap the Import button at the upper-right corner.
3. Choose the desired photos to export and hit the Continue button. After that, it will save the selected photos to your Windows PC.
Setting a passcode on your iPhone protects your iPhone from unauthorized access. However, it may also lock you in your iPhone if you forget the password. To prevent the awkward situation from happening again, you'd better write the passcode down. Besides, there are also other useful tips to avoid the issue:
Locking out of iPhone is miserable, and we hope the five effective methods will do you a great favor to recover photos from a locked iPhone. As you can see, the best way is iPhone Photo Recovery, which offers you three modes to recover photos from a disabled iPhone without data loss selectively - from iPhone directly or the iTunes/iCloud backup file.
Moreover, you can also select Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery if you have previously backed up your iPhone to iTunes. Should you have any queries while using the methods, please tell us in the comments.