Nowadays, PDF is widely used among computer users and people use it as the standard format for sharing and distributing documents. Since PDF files are becoming increasingly popular and common, it is necessary to add signature to PDF document in order to safeguard and authenticate your documents, especially for important PDF documents. In this article, we will show you how to insert a digital signature in PDF file.
Digital signature is sorely needed in the business world. It validates a document and binds you to the content of the document. People like to add digital signature to their email, electronic files, and PDF document as well. Then, how to create signature in PDF? Using Adobe tools, you can easily achieve the goal to add a digital signature on a PDF file directly. Below is the detailed direction.
You may also want to know:
Tips: Another way to protect your PDF information is encrypting your PDF documents by adding password and permissions. You may have a try with the Coolmuster PDF Encrypter, which allows you to set password and permissions, and customize encryption level as you need.
Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader are both able to help you add signature to PDF electronically. Next, we will show the detailed steps to help you go through the task with any of the two tools.
1. Open the PDF file to which you want to create a digital signature in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
2. Go to the top menu, click "Advanced" and choose "Sign&Certify" in Adobe Acrobat, or click "Document" and choose "Sign" in Adobe Reader. Then, you will see a sub menu appears and here you should press the option of "Sign Document".
3. Click anywhere on the PDF that you want to add the digital signature and use your mouse to draw a signature box.
4. Choose the drop-down menu of the "Sign As" option, select your Adobe Digital ID and input your Digital ID password into the "Password" field.
5. Press the button of "Appearance" and choose one of the appearance options from the drop-down menu. If no options for choice, you can click "Create a New Appearance" to create a new one. Give a name to the appearance option in the "Title" field.
6. This step is optional. If you want to create a new signature, you should choose No graphic > Imported graphic or Name in the "Configure Graphic" section; If you want to upload a digital image for the signature, you can click "File" and choose "Imported graphic" to locate the target image file.
7. Press the button of "Sign" and name the newly signed PDF. Choose an output location where you want to save the PDF and finally to click "Save".
Besides digital signature, there is another type of signature – Ink signature. Such kind of signature is much easier to create. But digital signature is more secure to sign a PDF since it offer encryption and people can not forge it. Read on to learn the details on how to add ink signature to PDF.
1. Open the PDF file that you want to add ink signature with Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
2. Navigate to the top menu, click "Advanced" and choose "Sign&Certify" in Adobe Acrobat, or click "Document" and choose "Sign" in Adobe Reader. This will bring out a sub-menu where you should choose "Apply Ink Signature".
3. Click the area on the PDF where you want to add the ink signature and use your mouse to draw out your signature.
4. Finally, you can go back to the top menu, click "File" and choose "Save" to save the signature you have just created to the PDF.
Have you learnt the way to add signature to PDF document? Please note only the PDF enabled with the option of adding signature when it just created can be added a signature.