If you use WeChat to chat a lot on iPhone, there should be a lot of chat history that you have sent or received via WeChat on your device. WeChat's app size is small, but the documents and data stored in WeChat takes up as much as several GBs space on your device. And deleting WeChat messages is a good way to free up WeChat storage as well as iPhone space. Importantly, you will learn the effective way to permanently delete WeChat messages on iPhone with zero opportunity to restore deleted WeChat messages from iPhone in this article.
In this part, you will learn some simple ways to delete messages on iPhone WeChat. You can perform it directly on your iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5s and etc. However, since simple deletion only remove WeChat messages from iPhone but not WeChat server, there is a chance to recover the deleted WeChat messages from iPhone using a third-party recovery tool like Coolmuster iOSRescuer.
So, if you want to erase WeChat messages on iPhone permanently, you'd better turn to Part 2 to have the guide to permanently erase WeChat messages on iPhone.
How to Delete One or More WeChat Messages on iPhone:
1. Open WeChat app on your iPhone, then make sure you are in "Chats" interface.
2. Tap a certain contact that you want to delete WeChat messages from.
3. To delete one WeChat message, please press and hold the unwanted messages till you can see "Delete" option pops up, then hit "Delete" and then "OK" to confirm.
4. To delete multiple WeChat messages, please press and hold the unwanted messages, then tap "More" option besides "Delete". Now select multiple unwanted messages and tap Trash icon at the bottom, and tap "Delete" option to remove the select WeChat messages from iPhone.
How to Delete All WeChat Messages on iPhone Manually:
1. Launch WeChat app on iPhone and tap "Me" tab at the bottom.
2. Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Storage". This will help you clear WeChat caches automatically.
3. Then you might tap "Clear Chat History" to delete all WeChat messages from iPhone.
Due to privacy security, it is recommended to permanently delete WeChat messages from iPhone and make WeChat messages 100% unrecoverable. To reach this goal, it is a great choice to rely on the WeChat Message Eraser - Coolmuster iOS Eraser, to completely and permanently erase WeChat messages from iPhone 14 Pro/14/SE/13 Pro/13/12 Pro/12/11 Pro/11/X/XS/XR/8/7 and most iPad/iPod devices. With it, you don't need to worry about your privacy for this WeChat data eraser can clutter the code of WeChat messages, which makes it impossible to restore the deleted WeChat messages from iPhone.
Note: This tool will erase all your WeChat on iPhone with no chance to recover. If necessary, you can back up your important WeChat messages to PC before deleting.
Steps to permanently erase WeChat messages from iPhone:
Step 1. Download, install and launch the WeChat Data Eraser on your computer and link your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Then this program will detect your iPhone automatically.
Step 2. Please click "Erase Private Data" mode to move on. This program will scan your personal files.
Step 3. To delete WeChat messages, please click "Messages" tab on the left and select one or more WeChat messages that you want to remove from your iPhone permanently, then click "Erase Now" and type "delete" on the pop up window to start erasing WeChat messages on iPhone.
To permanently delete WeChat messages on iPhone, utilize the reliable WeChat Message Eraser - Coolmuster iOS Eraser. This tool erases all WeChat messages from your iPhone. By scrambling the code, it makes it impossible to restore the deleted WeChat messages.