"Hello. I searched the whole web to see if there is any possibility I can unlock an Android with USB debugging on. But I ended up on Reddit asking this. Nothing people suggest on tech websites worked. They copy-paste articles and make good Google SEO, but their articles are in mass and don't help anything... Please, anybody, is there an option to unlock a PIN secured Android without losing its data?"
Searched all over the internet and found no way to remove the forgotten PIN from Android? That's because you haven't read this article yet. It provides seven effective methods to resolve how to remove screen lock PIN on Android. And you will easily get out of your current predicament.
Way 1. How to Remove PIN Code on Android via Android Unlock (Easy & Safe)
Way 2. How to Remove Screen Lock PIN on Android Phone with Google's Find My Device
Way 3. How to Remove Security PIN from Android Phone Using Forgot Pattern
Way 4. How to Get Rid of PIN on Android by Factory Reset
Way 5. How to Remove PIN Lock in Android Phone with Safe Mode
Way 6. How to Undo PIN Lock on Android via Emergency Call
Way 7. How to Remove Screen Lock if Forgot Password with ADB
Bonus: How to Disable Screen Lock PIN on Unlocked Android Phone?
Android Unlock is the easiest and fastest way to remove PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprints from your locked Android phone. It works with almost all mainstream Android brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, Motorola, Google, etc.
Key features of Android Unlock:
* Remove PIN, password, pattern, and fingerprints lock on Android.
* Simple to use without technical skills.
* Unlock the lock screen on Samsung Galaxy S/Tab/Note and LG G2/G3/G4 without data loss.
* Support the latest Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra/S22+/S22, Motorola Moto g60/Moto g40/Moto g30, Sony Xperia 10 Plus/10/10 Ultra, etc.
Note: The unlocking process will also remove the device content and settings. Thus, you can try to access your locked Android phone via USB to back up your precious files if necessary.
How to take off PIN on Android in one click?
1. Install and run Android Unlock on your computer, and tap Screen Unlock.
Next, connect your Android phone to the computer using a USB cable, and click the Unlock Android Screen mode to continue.
2. Pick the correct phone model from the list and tap Next. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to boot your Android phone into the Download mode.
Once finished, it will download the recovery package for your phone automatically.
3. After downloading the recovery package, it will automatically remove the screen lock PIN.
Just wait until the whole process is complete.
You may like:
This method requires you to enable the Find My Device option on your Android phone, and a Google account is associated with your device. If not, you won't be able to proceed.
How to turn off PIN lock on Android online?
1. Open google.com/android/find from a computer browser and sign in with your Google account and password.
2. Select the Android device you want to unlock under All Devices and tap the Erase Device option.
3. Confirm the operation. After erasing your Android device, your data will be removed from your device, too.
Learn more: How to fix an Android touch screen and unlock the phone without hassle? You can solve it now.
If your Android device runs Android 4.4 and below versions, you can use the Forgot Pattern to remove the PIN code easily. You must know the Google account credentials linked to your device before moving on.
How do I unlock my Android if I forgot my PIN?
1. Input the incorrect PIN code on the lock screen multiple times until the Forgot Pattern/PIN option appears on the screen.
2. Tap the Forgot Pattern/PIN option and choose the Sign in with Google Credentials option. Later, enter your Google account and password and hit Sign in.
3. Once done, it will unlock your device, and you can set up a new security lock.
Read also: Want to unlock the pattern lock on Samsung? This professional guide will tell you the solution.
You can also remove the forgotten PIN lock on your Android phone by factory resetting your device in Recovery mode. However, in doing so, you will lose everything from your device.
How do I get rid of forgotten PINs via factory reset?
1. Press and hold the Power button on your Android phone and tap the Power Off option to turn it off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together to get your device into Recovery mode. Continue holding the buttons until the Start menu shows up on the screen.
3. Use the Volume Down button to highlight the Recovery mode option and touch the Power button to confirm the selection.
4. Choose the Wipe data/factory reset option with the Volume buttons and press the Power button to confirm the operation, followed by Yes.
5. After factory reset, your device will be unlocked. Then, choose the Reboot system now option to restart your device.
Safe mode can do many things for your Android phone, including fixing system glitches and removing the screen lock set by the third-party app. If you are interested in this way, continue with the following steps.
1. Press and hold the Power button and click Power Off.
2. Tap OK when it asks you whether to reboot to Safe mode.
It will temporarily disable the third-party app's lock screen. You can remove unwanted data or uninstall the lock screen app. After that, exit the Safe mode by rebooting your device.
Maybe you need: Having trouble unlocking Apple ID because of those security questions? You can now work it out.
Another way to remove PIN from Android is to use the emergency call option to crash the lock screen UI. It only works on old Android devices with Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1.
How to unlock your phone when you forget the password?
1. Consecutively enter the wrong PIN five times and click the Emergency Call option on the screen.
2. Type ten asterisks (*) on the Dialer and copy & paste the asterisks to the same field until you cannot paste more.
3. Go back to the lock screen and click the Camera shortcut icon > Settings > paste the asterisks in the field until the lock screen UI crashes.
Now you can access your phone without a PIN code and set up the new screen lock for your device.
ADB only works if you have enabled USB debugging on your phone before it gets locked. To use this way, you need to install ADB tools on your PC and connect your Android device to the computer. Nevertheless, it is a bit technical.
Let's see how it works.
1. Install Android Debug Bridge and the Android SDK tool on your computer.
2. Open a command window and navigate to the location where you install ADB.
3. Enter the following command and press the Enter key:
adb shell rm /data/system/password.key
If it does not work, type the following commands and press the Enter key:
update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
the update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
Once execute the commands, restart your device. If everything goes successfully, your device will restart without a PIN lock.
You get two options to disable the screen lock PIN on an unlocked Android device.
1. Change or Disable the Screen Lock PIN in Settings
2. Disable Android Device Administrators
Assume some Android devices don't let you remove the PIN. You can disable the Android device administrator option with these steps.
That's how to remove screen lock PIN on Android. Since not all methods work for your device model, choosing Android Unlock is the safest and most effective way. You can remove PIN from Android in a few clicks with the highest success rate, and it doesn't need any technical knowledge. Why not give it a try?