"I just put a new passcode on my phone. I was asked to type it twice to confirm, but my phone would not unlock when I went back in to use the code. Restoring the phone and wiping the data is NOT an option as I have many recordings/pics that are not backed up, and I would never voluntarily wipe. How can I get my phone unlocked?"
- Excerpted from Reddit
Forgetting the iPhone passcode is a troublesome thing, but not a catastrophic one. This tutorial will explain how to bypass the iPhone passcode with or without iTunes. Read this guide carefully to find a way out.
Way 1. How to Bypass iPhone Passcode without Password via iPhone Unlock
Way 2. How to Bypass iPhone Lock Screen with iTunes or Finder
Way 3. How to Bypass Passcode on iPhone with Siri (iOS 8.0 to iOS 10.1)
Way 4. How to Break Through iPhone Passcode via Emergency Calls (iOS 6.1)
Way 5. How to Break into an iPhone with Passcode via iCloud's Find My iPhone
Bonus Tips: FAQs on iPhone Passcode
iPhone Unlock is the best way to hack the iPhone passcode without restoring it. It provides a fairly easy and safe way to remove all types of screen locks on your iPhone, like Face ID, Touch ID, 6-digit or 4-digit password, and Screen Time passcode. Besides, it also bypasses the iCloud activation lock, Apple ID, and MDM.
What can you do with iPhone Unlock?
* Remove 6-digit/4-digit password, Face ID, Touch ID, and Screen Time passcode without iTunes.
* Bypass Apple ID, iCloud activation lock, and MDM in seconds.
* Offer step-by-step on-screen directory, and no technical knowledge is required.
* Work with iPhone running iOS 9.0 to iOS 14.6, including iPhone 13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6, etc.
How to get past the iPhone passcode in seconds?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Install and run iPhone Unlock on your computer. Next, select the Screen Unlock module among all tools and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
Then, choose the Unlock iOS Screen option on the interface.
2. Get your iPhone into Recovery or DFU mode.
Follow the on-screen instructions to boot your iPhone into Recovery or DFU mode. By default, the Recovery mode is recommended for iOS lock screen removal. However, if you cannot activate the Recovery mode, tap the link at the bottom to get your iPhone into the DFU mode.
3. Confirm the iPhone information.
After getting your iPhone into the DFU mode, the program will display the device information on the interface. If the information is incorrect, select the correct information from the drop-down lists. After that, click the Download button below to download the firmware for your iPhone.
4. Bypass the iPhone passcode.
Once successfully downloading the firmware, tap the Unlock Now button to unlock your iPhone. The whole process will last a few seconds.
Tip: Wonder how to bypass iPhone iCloud passcode? The eleven iCloud bypass tools will help.
Although removing the iPhone lock screen with iTunes will erase all the device content, it is still an easy way to unlock the iPhone passcode if you have no other choices. To use this method, you will need to install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Also, we recommend you back up your iPhone before unlocking it via iTunes.
How to bypass the iPhone X passcode with iTunes?
1. Boot your iPhone into Recovery mode.
iPhone 8/8 Plus and newer: Press and hold the Power button and one of the Volume buttons until the power slider displays on the screen. Pull the slider to power off your iPhone. Afterward, connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable while holding the Power button. Keep holding it until your iPhone enters into Recovery mode.
iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Power button until the slider appears. Pull the slider to toggle off the iPhone. Next, press and hold the Volume down button while connecting your iPhone to the computer. Continue holding the button until your iPhone gets into Recovery mode.
2. Restore your iPhone via iTunes.
When you connect your locked iPhone to the computer, a pop-up window will show up and say, "There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored". Choose the Restore option and wait for it to erase your iPhone.
3. After restoring your device, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone. Later, you can use it without a passcode.
Perhaps you need: How can you retrieve the screen time passcode on an iPhone without trouble? This post will tell you the solution.
If your iPhone runs an iOS version between 8.0 to 10.1, the chances are that you can bypass the iPhone passcode via Siri. Even if this method has no complete success rate, it does not delete or restore iPhone data during the process.
How to unlock the iPhone passcode via Siri? Follow these steps.
1. Press the Home button on your iPhone to activate Siri and say, "Hey, Siri. What time is it?"
2. Press the clock icon on the interface to open the World Clock feature. Then tap the + icon at the top-right corner to add a new clock, enter any city in the search box, and hit the Select All option.
3. Choose the Share option from the provided menu, click the Message icon, and enter anything in the To field. After that, hit the Return button on the keyboard and tap the add icon when the text turns green.
4. Pick the Create New Contact option on the next interface, touch the contact photo, and select the Add photo option.
5. Browse the albums in the photo library. 3 to 5 seconds later, press the Home button, and you may access the iPhone already.
You can also use the emergency call feature to unlock your iPhone if your iPhone runs iOS 6.1. Let's check how to get around locked iPhone via the following steps.
1. Slide the unlock as you usually do on your locked iPhone and tap the Emergency Call option when it appears.
2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top until the power down shows up. Don't power off. Instead, tap the Cancel button to enter an emergency number and cancel the call immediately without letting it ring.
3. Lock your iPhone and slide to unlock it again. Later, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for 3 seconds and quickly tap the Emergency Call button. Continue holding the button.
4. If everything goes well, it will partially break the iPhone security mechanism when you keep holding the above button. Then, you can access the iPhone without any passcode.
Suppose you don't switch off the Find My iPhone feature on your device before it gets locked. In that case, you can use this built-in feature to unlock your iPhone. Note that your iPhone and computer need to connect to the same Wi-Fi network, and the process will erase all iPhone content and settings.
How to bypass 6-digit passcode on iPhone via iCloud's Find My iPhone?
1. Open iCloud.com and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone on another device.
2. Click the Find iPhone tab > All Devices and select your locked iPhone from the list.
3. Tap the Erase iPhone option and confirm the operation. Then, please wait for it the accomplish the process.
That's all for how to figure out the iPhone passcode. Below are some questions you may concern.
Q1: How to Back Up Locked iPhone before Bypassing the Passcode?
Some methods may cause data loss on your iPhone when removing the passcode. Fortunately, you can back up the locked/disabled iPhone before start unlocking the passcode.
Q2: How to Change a 6-digit Password to a 4-digit One?
Regardless of the security, the 4-digit password is much easier to remember than a 6-digit password. If you want to change the 6-digit password to a 4-digit one, refer to the following steps:
Q3: How to Change Passcode Settings?
For that, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and enter the current passcode before changing the passcode settings. Later, you can turn off the passcode, set Face ID, change the passcode, or do something like that.
This post covers five solutions on how to bypass the iPhone passcode. If you prefer an easy and high-success-rate way, you can try iPhone Unlock. You won't get disappointed with its compatibility, speed, and simplicity. Of course, you can also try other methods introduced above if you are interested.
If you encounter any problems during the process, please let us know in the comments.
How to Remove Forgot iPhone Passcode without Restore? (3 Simple Ways)
How to Unlock iPhone without Siri Successfully in 2022? (3 Workable Ways)
How to Unlock iPad Passcode without Restore? (4 Ways)
How to Bypass LG Lock Screen without Reset? (Solved)
How to Bypass iPhone SIM Not Supported Issue? (Top 11 Methods)
[Simple Guide] How to Delete Apple ID without Password on iPhone?