Google Pixel Data Recovery Guide: How to Recover Deleted Files from Google Pixel (Solved)
Accidentally losing important files from Google Pixel phone is annoying, but there is nothing to worry about. There are usually two approaches to find back the deleted data - restoring the deleted files from the previous backup file or recovering without backup. We will introduce both approaches in this article. If you have recently lost or deleted the important files from your Google Pixel phone, you can go through the 5 methods below.
Part 1. Something You Need to Know before Google Pixel Data Recovery
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Data on Google Pixel Phone without Backup
Part 3. How to Restore Deleted Files on Pixel 2 from Google Backup
Bonus Tips to Avoid Data Loss from Google Pixel Again
Before Google Pixel data recovery, you may be curious as to why the files get lost from your Google Pixel phone. Here are some possible reasons that may lead to data loss on Google Pixel phone:
- Accidental or unintentional deletion.
- Factory reset.
- Software update failure.
- Phone formatting.
- System crash, ROM flashing, software corruption, physical damage of the device, etc.
- Malware attack or virus infection.
Well, are those deleted files recoverable? Yes, probably. As a matter of fact, the missing files are not permanently removed but marked as "replaceable" or "hidden" in the system, which can be easily overwritten by the new data. So, if you want to recover deleted files, you had better stop using your phone. You should switch off the Wi-Fi/cellular data and power off it to avoid producing any new data soon after data loss happens.
In addition, developing a habit of backing up important files regularly can also free you from lots of troublesome situations.
If you haven't backed up data before they are missing from your Pixel phone, you can still recover deleted files on Google Pixel. Coolmuster Lab.fone for Android is a powerful Android data recovery software, which can recover deleted files from Android internal memory and SD card without backup in one click. And it has two recovery modes.
Under Android Data Recovery, it supports to recover the deleted messages, call logs, contacts, videos, music, photos and documents from Android internal memory and SD card (if any) to computer; And under SD Card Recovery mode, it can recover the deleted music, videos, photos and documents from SD card to computer. In addition, it also allows you to back up the existing data from Android internal memory and SD card to computer, preview and select all existing and deleted files before recovery or backup.
What's more, using Coolmuster Lab.fone for Android, the recovered or backup files from Google Pixel will keep the original file format and data quality. As for the compatibility, it supports all Android phones and tablets, such as Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, ZTE, Google Pixel 5/4/4 XL/4a/3/3 XL/3a/3a XL/3 Lite/XX/2/2 XL/XL, Google Pixel, etc.
After downloading Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android, you can follow the steps below to perform Google Pixel data recovery. The guide below will set photos recovery as an example.
Well, how to recover deleted photos from Google Pixel?
1. Launch Coolmuster Lab.fone for Android on your computer after installation, and click the Android Recovery module from the toolbox to enter in.
2. Connect your Google Pixel phone to computer with a USB cable and allow USB debugging on your phone as prompted. Then the program will automatically initialize your device and install a necessary driver. Once done, you will proceed to the interface as below. Just click Next on this program to start to scan files on your phone.
Notes: If the program cannot scan out wanted items, the files may exist in the internal memory card. You can root your device and try again.
3. Recover deleted photos on Google Pixel. Select Photos from the left panel, click Only display the deleted items on the top, preview and tick the photos you want to recover from the right panel and hit Recover below.
Want to recover deleted files on Pixel 2? Google is a built-in service on Google Pixel or other Android phones. If you have enabled automatic syncing of data to Google account on your phone before data loss, you can fast restore deleted files on Pixel 2 from Google backup. But Google cannot back up all files, so, you may not recover all files from Google Backup.
3.1 How Do I Download My Backup from Google Drive?
If you have previously backed up your phone files, app data and settings to Google account, when you delete files from your Google Pixel, all deleted data will be migrated to Google Drive. And if those files haven't been deleted forever from Google Drive trash, you can easily restore the backup file from Google Drive to your Pixel phone.
Let's see how:
1. Connect your Google Pixel phone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch Google Drive, tap Menu and then Trash.
3. Select the files you want to recover and hit Restore button.
Bonus: You can directly select a program to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone/Android phone.
3.2 How to Restore Google Pixel from Backup of Google Sync
Besides, you can also restore data from previous backup of Google sync. Let's see how to restore deleted files to Google Pixel from backup of Google Sync.
1. On your Pixel phone, go to Settings > Reset.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to move on until you proceed to Copy apps & data. Then tap Next > Can't use the old phone > OK under Copy another way > Hit A backup from the cloud.
3. Sign in with the Google account that you backed up data with. After you select a backup file, click Restore to get deleted data back to your phone.
Guess you need: Want to remove the PIN from your Android device? OK, you can start it now.
3.3 How Do I Get My Pictures Back from Google Pixels via Google Photos Backup?
If you have synced photos to your Google account before data loss on Google Pixel, you can directly restore photos to your phone from Google Photos backup. However, note that once you delete photos from your phone's Gallery, those data will be moved to the Trash option on Google Photos and kept there for 60 days. Therefore, remember to restore photos before the expiry.
How to recover deleted photos to Google Pixel?
1. Install Google Photos on your phone and sign in with the same Google account which you used for backup.
2. Click the three horizontal bars at the top left corner > Trash > Preview and select the wanted photos > Hit Restore button.
3.4 How to Retrieve App Settings from Backup
1. Go to your Google Pixel Settings.
2. Click Personal > Backup & reset > Content > App data.
3. Turn on Automatic restore option.
Well, to prevent the precious data from losing again on your Pixel phone after Google Pixel data recovery, here are some useful tips for you:
- Back up Google Pixel phone regularly.
- Check twice before you delete anything from your Google Pixel phone.
- Never install apps from unknown suppliers.
- Install a reliable anti-virus software on your Pixel phone to avoid virus attack.
The Bottom Line
Losing data from Google Pixel is frustrating. Though Google Pixel data recovery is difficult, it is not impossible. Actually, if you have backed up your phone data to somewhere, it's easy to find them back. However, if you did not make a backup beforehand, I highly recommend you to try Coolmuster Lab.fone for Android, which is easy to use, absolutely secure, worthwhile and fast to recover deleted files on Android without backup.
Finally, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.