"My Pixel 2 served me well. The battery seems as good as on day one, and the phone is almost as smooth as it was new. But after four years and no updates this year, it is time to upgrade. My new phone should be delivered today. Can someone spot me a link to the best way to migrate settings, Nova settings, WhatsApp, chat, messages, contacts, phone history, etc., to my Pixel 7 Pro? Google One does a phone backup each day, but I am not sure if that backs up everything I need."
How to transfer text messages and other data from one Google Pixel to another? If you are the person who has bought a new Google Pixel and wishes to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel, the simple methods in this article might help.
In this article, we have presented six methods, including the use of Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, Data Transfer Tool App, and others. Each method is suitable for specific scenarios. Please continue reading for more information.
Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is a software that allows you to transfer data between different devices. The software is easy to use and supports a wide range of data types, including contacts, text messages, photos, videos, music, call logs, and more. The software is also compatible with almost all Android and iOS devices. Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is a useful tool for transferring data between 2 Google Pixels.
How to transfer Pixel to Pixel with Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
01Launch the program on your computer and enter the "Mobile Transfer" module.
02Connect both Pixel phones to the computer using two working USB cables and enable USB debugging as prompted. When connected, it will display "Connected" under the device image. (Please ensure that the sending Pixel phone is in the "Source" position. If necessary, tap the "Flip" button to switch them.)
03Tick off the content you want to transfer and hit the "Start Copy" button below to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel.
The "Data Transfer Tool" on Google Pixel devices is an application provided by Google to assist users in transferring data from one Android device to another. This tool is typically applicable to devices running the Android operating system. For Google Pixel devices, the tool comes pre-installed and is provided during the initial setup of a new device. The Data Transfer Tool streamlines the process of migrating from an old device to a new one, supporting various data types, including but not limited to contacts, messages, photos, videos, and applications.
How to transfer data from Pixel to Pixel with Data Transfer Tool
1. Make sure both Pixel devices have sufficient battery life or are connected to a power source. Connect both devices to a Wi-Fi network as well.
2. Turn on your new Pixel device and go through the initial setup process until you reach the "Copy apps & data" screen.
3. On the "Copy apps & data" screen, select the option that says "A backup from an Android phone".
4. You will be prompted to open the "Data Transfer Tool" app on your old Pixel device. On your old Pixel device, open the Google Play Store and search for "Data Transfer Tool". Download and install the app if you haven't already.
5. Open the "Data Transfer Tool" app on your old Pixel device and follow the on-screen instructions to connect both devices.
6. Choose the types of data you want to transfer and start the transfer process.
7. After the transfer is complete, follow any remaining on-screen instructions to complete the setup process on your new Pixel device.
This method involves connecting your Pixel devices to a computer and manually copying & pasting the data you want to transfer. Simply note that the process is more straightforward for certain types of data like photos and documents.
How to transfer data from one Pixel to another manually via a computer
Using Google Drive for data transfer is a convenient option, especially for those who prefer cloud-based solutions. It allows you to seamlessly move various types of data, including contacts, apps, photos, and more. Here's a step-by-step guide about that:
How to transfer data from Google Pixel to Google Pixel via Google Drive
1. On the old Pixel device, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Backup" and turn on "Back up to Google Drive".
2. Tap on "Backup now" to initiate an immediate backup. This will back up your app data, call history, device settings, and SMS messages to Google Drive.
3. Turn on your new Pixel device and go through the initial setup process until you reach the "Copy apps & data" screen.
4. On the "Copy apps & data" screen, select the option that says "A backup from an Android phone".
5. Sign in to the Google Account that you used to back up your data on the old Pixel device, and choose the most recent backup from the list (the one you created in Step 2).
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. Your new Pixel device will now download and restore the selected data from Google Drive.
8. The restoration process may take some time, depending on the amount of data being transferred. Ensure that both devices remain connected to Wi-Fi during this process.
9. Once the data transfer is complete, follow any remaining on-screen instructions to complete the setup process on your new Pixel device.
Bluetooth is suitable for smaller files and data types. For larger transfers or if you want to move a broader range of data, using methods like Google Drive or the Data Transfer Tool may be more efficient. Still, it's a simple process to transfer data from one Pixel to another via Bluetooth. Here's a guide on how to do that:
How to transfer info from Google Pixel to Google Pixel via Bluetooth
1. On both the Google Pixel devices, enable Bluetooth. On the sending device, go to "Settings" > "Connected devices" > "Bluetooth" > "Pair new device" to make the device discoverable; as for the receiving device, search for available Bluetooth devices and select the sending device from the list.
2. Accept the pairing request on both devices.
3. On the sending device, navigate to the files or information you want to transfer.
4. Share through Bluetooth. For instance:
5. On the receiving device, accept the incoming Bluetooth transfer request. The transfer process may take some time depending on the size and number of files.
6. Repeat the process for each type of data you want to transfer.
You might need:
Quick Switch Adapter is Google's way to copy data from Pixel to Pixel. Note that the Pixel data transfer tool is pre-installed on your Google Pixel phone, and you don't need to install it manually. However, there are files you can and cannot transfer during setup.
What you can transfer:
What you cannot transfer:
Before you start, make sure the following things as well:
How to transfer from old Pixel to new Pixel during setup via Quick Switch Adapter
In this article, we have delved into practical approaches for seamlessly transferring data from one Google Pixel to another. Whether opting for the user-friendly Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, Google's Data Transfer Tool App, manual methods via a computer, Google Drive, Bluetooth, or the efficiency of the Quick Switch Adapter, users can select the method that aligns with their preferences and requirements. As you start to transition to your new Pixel device, consider the diverse options presented here to ensure a smooth and comprehensive transfer of your valuable data.
Please share this article with more Pixel users if you find this post helpful.