How to Back Up and Restore Google Pixel Phone? (4 Screaming Ways)
Google Pixel, the smartphone developed by Google company, is very comfortable to use. Last year, Google unveiled Google Pixel 4/4 XL on October 22nd. Based on Google's releasing routine every year, many smartphone industry insiders predict that Google Pixel 5/5 XL will be upcoming in October this year. Different from the previous Pixel series, Google Pixel 5 will bring chip capable 5G connectivity and new Snapdragon 765G processor. Well, are you happy to hear such wonderful news?
If you will change a new Pixel phone, you must consider how to back up and restore Google Pixel to avoid data loss. This article is here to show you how to back up and restore Google Pixel effortlessly.
Method 1. How to Back Up and Restore Google Pixel on PC via Coolmuster Android Backup Manager
Method 2. How to Back Up and Restore Google Pixel on PC via Coolmuster Android Assistant
Method 3. How to Back Up and Restore Google Pixel via Google Drive App
Method 4. How to Back Up and Restore Google Pixel via Phone Backup & Reset Feature
The first recommended way is using Coolmuster Android Backup Manager, which is very professional in Android phone backup and restore. With it, you can back up and restore Google Pixel data on computer in one click without any data quality loss. And multiple file types are supportable, such as contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents and apps. Besides, the connection between Google Pixel and this app is very easy, you can connect with USB cable or Wi-Fi network, it's up to you.
Most important of all, the prominent advantage of Coolmuster Android Backup Manager is that it supports to fast transfer data in one click and the transferred data remains the original file format and data quality. Then, before you know how to back up Pixel 2 to PC and restore Pixel from backup, you may wonder whether such an amazing tool is compatible with your Google Pixel phone or not.
Well, it works well with all Android phones running Android 2.1 and later versions, including Google, Samsung, LG, Huawei, Sony, ZTE, Motorola, HTC, etc., and Google Pixel 5/4/4 XL/4a/3/3 XL/3a/3a XL/3 Lite/XX/2/2 XL/XL, Google Pixel and more types.
How to back up Google Pixel to PC in one click
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Backup Manager on your computer, and enter in Android Backup & Restore module from the toolbox.
2. Connect your Google Pixel to computer via a USB cable, then enable USB debugging and grant permission on your phone as prompted. Once this program recognizes your device, you will see the interface as below.
3. Back up Google Pixel. Click the Backup button from the home page > Select the data type you want to back up > Decide a location on your computer to store data > Tap Back Up below.
How to restore Pixel from backup in one click
After you did a Google Pixel backup via this app, you can restore Pixel from backup anytime you want.
1. Use the same way to connect your new Android device to computer.
2. After computer recognizes your new Android device, click Restore option from the home page > Choose the target phone from the list > Tick files you want to restore from the table > Hit Restore below to restore Pixel from backup.
Coolmuster Android Assistant is the second recommended software to back up and restore Google Pixel. It also supports to back up and restore Google Pixel data on PC in one click, including contacts, text messages, call logs, media files, documents, etc. Furthermore, it can transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos, documents, eBooks and user apps between PC and Android phone.
If you want to manage Android data, you can also use it to add, delete or edit contacts on PC, send and reply SMS directly on computer, install and uninstall apps from computer, delete call logs, export contacts to Outlook and import contacts from Outlook. Similarly, it is also highly compatible with all Android phones & tablets running Android 2.1 and higher, including all Google Pixel series.
How to back up Pixel 2 to PC in one click
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on your computer, and tap Android Assistant module from toolbox to enter in.
2. Plug Google Pixel 2 to computer via a USB cable, then follow the prompt interface on this program to enable USB debugging and grant permission. After the program recognizes your Pixel 2, you will see your phone's detailed information on the main interface of this program.
3. Back up Pixel 2 to PC. Click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Select Backup > Choose Pixel 2 from the drop-down list, check files you want to back up from the table and decide where to store data on your computer > Tap Back Up below.
How to restore Pixel from backup in one click
You can only restore Pixel when you have made a Google Pixel backup via this program.
1. Connect your new Pixel to PC using the same way.
2. After that, click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Tap Restore > From the drop-down list, select the target device which you will restore to and tick files you want to restore > Hit Restore below to restore Pixel from backup.
Apart from the above professional ways, some online storage can back up and restore Google Pixel as well, but they have limitations on data size and cannot back up all Google Pixel data. Here we will introduce how to back up and restore Google Pixel via Google Drive app.
How do I back up my Pixel 2 XL to my computer?
1. Install Google Drive on your Google Pixel 2 from Google Play Store and launch it.
2. Sign in with a Gmail account, tap + icon > Upload > Select wanted files from photos, videos, audio and documents.
3. After uploading, you can check uploaded files in Google Drive > My Drive.
How to restore Pixel 2 from Google Pixel backup
After you finish Google Pixel backup via Google Drive, you can restore Pixel from backup.
1. Open the Google Drive app on your phone and sign in with the same Gmail account.
2. Tap and hold the file you want to restore.
3. Press Download option to restore Pixel from backup.
The last method to back up and restore Google Pixel is using Pixel's backup and reset feature. In this way, you will need a Google account. Let's see how to back up and restore Google Pixel using this way.
How to conduct Google Pixel backup
1. On your Google Pixel phone, go to Settings > Personal > Backup & reset.
2. Select Device backup > Back up to Google Drive, and you need to sign in with a Google account.
3. Then select data on your device to make a backup. If you want to back up photos and videos, select Photos backup > Tap Backup & sync.
How to conduct Google Pixel restore from backup
Once Google Pixel backup exists there, you can restore Pixel from backup via this way. But note that you cannot restore Google Pixel backup from a phone running higher Android version to a phone running lower Android version.
1. Go to Settings of your another Pixel phone.
2. Select User & account > Add account > Google > Sign in with the same Google account you used for backup > Enable Automatic restore or follow the on-screen steps to restore Pixel from backup.
The Bottom Line
Now you have mastered how to back up and restore Google Pixel after you read the above instructions. Google Pixel phone is quite different from other Android smartphones, for it is developed by Google company, which led and developed Android OS with Open Mobile Alliance. If you need to back up and restore Google Pixel, I highly recommend you to use Coolmuster Android Backup Manager, or Coolmuster Android Assistant, because they can back up all Google Pixel data in one click, and are fast to transfer as well as highly secure.
In addition, these two programs have never failed in Google Pixel backup and restore. Anyway, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.