"I broke my phone and the screen shattered, I can't see anything at all. I need my text messages that were on that phone for court. How can I view or transfer or pull up my messages from my broken device?"
"My phone is broken, how can I check text messages?"
"Phone is broken, how to retrieve texts?"
I came across the post when I looked up something on Google. I carefully read all replies provided by other people, however, no one told the poster how to retrieve text messages from a broken phone. I know exactly how to do but I cannot reply under the post, for it shows "This question is locked and replying has been disabled." Then here comes this article.
I do not know whether she has successfully solved this problem or not. As a matter of fact, breaking phone frequently happens in daily life. If you are facing something similar, you can follow my guidance to retrieve texts from broken phone.
Part 1. The Possible Reasons Why Your Phone Gets Broken
Part 2. How to Retrieve Text Messages from a Broken LG Phone via SMS Backup & Restore
Part 3. How to Recover Text Messages from Broken Phone Using Broken Android Extraction
Various reasons may contribute to a broken phone. Here, we will explain all possible reasons why your phone gets broken, so that you can retrieve text messages from a broken phone accordingly:
Then, can you recover text messages from a broken phone? Of course. Retrieving text messages from broken phone is possible by taking use of the professional broken Android SMS extraction. If you do not know what to do, you can follow the two methods below to get back text messages from broken phones.
For users who have backed up text messages from your LG phone to the app SMS Backup & Restore before, you can retrieve texts from the SMS backup files easily.
And the steps are as below:
1. Install and launch SMS Backup & Restore on your computer or other device and sign in the app with the same account.
2. Click Restore option from the interface > Select the Text messages > Choose the last backup > Tap Restore option below to retrieve text messages from broken Android phone.
Broken Android Extraction is a powerful program to fix crashed, frozen or locked Android phone in various scenarios and extract data from broken phone for backup. And, it supports to recover contacts, messages, message attachments, call logs, WhatsApp, WhatsApp attachments, gallery, picture library, videos, audio files and documents from broken Android phone.
Let's have a look at its main features:
* Fix Android devices in all scenarios: Virus attack, system crash, black screen, phone frozen, phone drown, forgetting password, etc.
* Extract data from damaged phone internal storage and SD card.
* Support to extract messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, photos, videos, audio files, etc. from Android to computer for backup.
* Safe, fast and easy to use.
* Support Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and most Samsung phones, like Samsung Galaxy Note 3/4/5, Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, etc.
How to recover text messages from broken phone?
1. Install and launch Broken Android Extraction on your computer and select Broken Android Data Extraction from the left panel.
2. Connect your Android phone to computer via a USB cable, and make sure this program can automatically detect your device. Then click Start to select device name and model and follow the prompt to enter the Download mode. During this process, you can choose the exact problem of your device to fix it on this program accordingly.
3. Phone screen is broken, how to read texts? Once done, this program will automatically scan the phone data. After scanning, choose Messages from the left window, read and tick the messages you want to recover from the list and tap Recover option below to recover text messages from broken phone to computer.
People also read:
To recover other files, like media and documents, when your Android phone is accidentally broken, you can charge the phone to keep enough battery on it. Then, you can try the following steps if you have enabled USB debugging on your phone before and never turned it off.
1. Connect your Android phone to computer with a USB cable.
2. Wait until your computer recognizes your phone and installs necessary drivers on it. If you have enabled USB debugging on your phone and not turned it off, the computer will detect your phone very quickly.
3. Go to My Computer > Double click your Android phone name under Available devices > Find the DCIM folder or the documents where you store in internal memory or SD card > Select the items you want to restore > Copy and paste to the Windows desktop (main screen).
A broken Android may distress the user deeply. To end the pain as soon as possible, you can try to fix the broken phone with following handy tricks:
Notes: Be careful when you repair the broken phone by yourself. If you think it's technical for you, you can call your manufacturer and ask the after-sale technician to repair it.
1. Repair a broken screen display
Remove the SIM card from your phone > Move the Home button > Install a new screen display by reconnecting the cables at the top panel and Home button > Press down the new screen > Use two screws to fix it > Turn on your phone and check if everything works well on it.
2. Repair a broken back cover
Power off your phone > Remove the broken back cover > Use suction cups to lift the back cover carefully from the phone > Install a new rear cover. Ensure to leave the space for rear camera if there is one.
3. Repair a broken home button
Pry the Home button cable and Home button away and install a new Home button carefully.
4. First-aid for the water damaged phone
You can always use a waterproof case to protect your phone from water damage. However, if you have already experienced the water damage, you can rescue your phone with these steps:
Pull out the device from water quickly > Power off your device immediately and hold upward > Remove the protective case, back cover, battery, SIM card and SD card from the device > Use a piece of dry cloth or sponge to dry it > Bury the device in a bag of uncooked rice or use a drying agent to absorb water for one day or two > Put everything back to the positions and turn on the phone. If it failed, you can charge it or insert another battery into the phone to try again.
Then, to avoid physical damage on your phone again, these tips may be helpful for your reference:
Everything on your phone counts, especially the text messages. It's necessary to retrieve text messages from a broken phone, you may be aware of this, but do not know how. But now, you must have understood how to retrieve text messages from a broken phone after reading this article. To safely and fast get back text messages from damaged phone, I highly recommend you to try Broken Android Extraction - the professional program to completely recover all messages from your damaged phone.
Well, if you did not back up messages with it beforehand, you cannot retrieve texts from broken phone with SMS Backup & Restore. Obviously, you know how to choose.
If you run into difficulties during use, feel free to leave a comment below. We will give you aid soon.