"Hello MIUI users, I wrongly deleted my SD card, and fortunately, my 1979 photos are in Mi Cloud. I can access them on i.xiaomi.com and also in my Cloud album. My question is how to download them all because the site allows only 100 pics each time? Is it possible to move my Mi Cloud to Gallery, on my phone, for example, since I can see them all offline? Thank you for the answer."
- Excerpted from Xiaomi Community
For various reasons, you wish to get photos from Mi Cloud storage. Don't worry. This guide explains how to restore photos from Mi Cloud in five familiar approaches. Let's take a close look.
Part 1. How to Restore from Mi Cloud Directly?
Part 2. How to Restore Data from Mi Cloud to Another Phone?
Part 3. How Do I Recover Deleted Photos from My Mi Phone from Gallery Trash?
Part 4. How to Restore Photos on Mi Phone via Local Backup?
Part 5. How to Download Images from Mi Cloud to Computer?
Bonus: How to Back Up and Restore Mi Phone Photos via a Mi Cloud Alternative?
Mi Cloud enables you to save 5GB of files on your Xiaomi phone, including photos, videos, documents, recordings, etc. If you have enabled automatic syncing of files to your Mi Cloud account on your Mi phone, you can directly restore photos from Mi Cloud on your device.
How do I restore from Mi Cloud backup?
1. Unlock your Xiaomi phone and tap Settings > Mi Account.
2. Ensure that your device is signed in with the same Mi account credentials you use for backup. Then click the Restore from backup option and pick the backup file you want to restore.
3. Click the Restore using this backup option to start restoring and wait for the process to be complete.
You might like: Click this link to see how to recover deleted photos from an Android phone.
Suppose that you wish to restore Mi Cloud photos to a new device. In that case, follow the easy instructions below.
Section 1. How to restore photos from Mi Cloud to a Mi phone?
1. Open Settings on your new Mi phone and click Mi Account.
2. Login with the same Mi account and password you used on the source Mi phone to back up data.
3. Tap the Restore from the backup option, choose the wanted backup file to restore, and hit the Restore using this backup button below.
Now it will begin to restore the backup file to your new device.
Section 2. How to restore photos from Mi Cloud to a non-Mi phone?
1. Visit i.mi.com on a non-Mi phone and sign in with the same Mi account which you use on the Mi phone to back up files.
2. Find the data you want to download, like photos, SMS, contacts, etc. For example, you can tap Photos to view all photos before downloading them to your new device.
3. Download them to your new phone.
Learn more: With these methods, you can copy almost all Samsung data to Xiaomi seamlessly.
Lost precious photos on your Mi phone? Whenever you accidentally delete a photo from your Xiaomi device, it will be removed to the Trash Bin for up to 30 days before disappearing forever. Therefore, if you find photos missing, check the Trash Bin first to see whether they are there.
If lucky enough, you will get them back without any effort.
To restore deleted pictures from Trash Bin:
1. Open the Gallery app on your Mi phone and tap the Albums tab.
2. Scroll down to the Trash Bin folder and open it. If you find the desired photos in this folder, select the photos you want to recover and hit the Restore button below.
Then all the selected photos will come back to the Gallery app.
Read more: Which is the best GoPro Video editing software? You might find answer in this post.
Almost all the Xiaomi smartphones come with a built-in backup feature that lets you back up and restore the device data conveniently. Thus, if you have used the backup feature to back up your Mi phone before, you can quickly restore photos from the previous backup using your phone.
1. Launch the Backup app on your Xiaomi phone, and you will see all the backup files displayed on the screen.
2. Choose the backup file you want to restore and press the Restore button.
Check if you need: This guide has shared 5 practical tips on transferring files from Xiaomi to PC with or without USB.
Assume that you also wish to keep Mi Cloud pictures on your computer. You can achieve this by signing into your Mi account on your PC or Mac and downloading the photos to your computer.
How to see photos in Mi Cloud and download them to your computer?
1. Open i.mi.com from a computer browser and sign in with the identical Mi account you used for backup on your Mi phone.
2. Tap the Gallery tab on the interface and preview all the photos you have uploaded to your Mi account.
3. Download the desired photos to the computer.
See also: Want to move iPhone data to your Xiaomi device? You can use these 5 easy ways.
As you know, Mi Cloud only offers 5GB of free storage for each account. What if you use up the free storage and don't want to purchase anymore? Apart from Mi Cloud, MIUI users can also back up their device data with an alternative app - Coolmuster Android Backup Manager.
Unlike Mi Cloud, this program backs up your Xiaomi data to a computer and restores the computer backups to another Android device, making it easier to view the backup files and simplifying the operation.
What can you do with Coolmuster Android Backup Manager?
* Back up and restore Android data on PC or Mac in one click.
* Support multiple file types, like contacts, photos, messages, music, call logs, videos, apps, and documents.
* Allow USB and Wi-Fi connection.
* Keep the original data format and quality without damages.
* Highly compatible with all Android phones and tablets running Android 4 to Android 11, such as Xiaomi 11T Pro/11T/11 Lite, Mi 11 Ultra/11i/11 Lite/11/10T Pro/10T/10T Lite/10 Lite/Mi 10/10 Pro/Mi 9/Mi 8, Redmi 10/Note 10 Pro/Note 10/Note 10S, etc.
Section 1. One-click to back up photos from Xiaomi phone:
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Backup Manager on your computer. Next, click Android Backup & Restore on the interface to proceed.
2. Plug your Xiaomi phone into the computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging on your phone by following the on-screen instructions.
Once connected, you will see the main interface below.
3. Click the Backup button > tick photos from the table > define a backup location on the computer to store data > hit the Back Up button to start backing up photos to your computer.
Section 2. One-click to restore photos from a computer to an Android phone:
1. After installing the program on your computer, choose Android Backup & Restore on the initial interface.
2. Connect another Android device to the computer using a USB cable and make your phone recognizable by the computer.
3. Once connected, tap the Restore button on the interface > select a backup file you want to restore and tick Photos on the right panel > click the Restore button to restore those photos to your new device.
That's all for how to restore photos from Mi Cloud. You can refer to our tutorial to retrieve pictures step by step. If you are tired of backing up and restoring images via Mi Cloud, use the alternative app - Coolmuster Android Backup Manager to get the job done. It's easy, fast, and allows you to view backups on the computer directly. Go downloading it if you're interested.