"My 12-year-old boy loves music and is now learning instruments. Yesterday he lent my Samsung phone to learn how to play guitar. When I use my phone today, I accidentally delete his music and I don't want to frustrate him. Are there any ways to recover deleted music?"
This question comes from one of my friends Jim, and many people may have suffered the same situation - music disappeared from Android phone. Though it seems very difficult to retrieve deleted music, there are still effective ways to recover deleted music files on Android phone. For example, in this post, we are introducing 6 simple ways to help you retrieve deleted music files on Android device.
Part 1. Is Deleted Music Recovery on Android Possible?
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Music Files on Android
Part 3. How to Avoid Music Loss on Android Phone
The answer is yes. Why? Before we discuss how to recover deleted music files on Android device, it is of great importance to understand how deletion works on Android.
Generally, we can store music files in both internal storage and external SD card or a third-party music app. Then when you suffer music data loss on Android, main causes of this issue may be: Virus attacks, system corruption, unintentional or accidental deletion of music files, phone formatting, factory reset, suddenly phone runs out battery, etc. Whatever the reason is, the fact is that your music get disappeared from Android phone.
However, calm down after music loss happens. Actually, deleted music files are just labeled as recoverable or replaceable in system, which means any new data can replace them easily, and before overwriting happens, they are still recoverable. Well, how to avoid overwriting? After music gets lost, you had better switch off mobile data/Wi-Fi and power off your mobile phone to avoid generating new data. Then you can turn to some Android music recovery software to set out to recover deleted music. Anyway, I think the best way to avoid any data loss is to back up your important data on Android anytime.
Well, let's back to how to recover deleted songs on Android device.
In this part, we will give you step-by-step instructions on 6 simple and fast music recovery apps for Android. You can pick up one method you feel most comfortable with after reading the following part.
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is a perfect Android music recovery software for all Android users, no matter you use Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, ZTE, Xiaomi, Dell, Google, Lenovo or whatever. With this powerful tool, you can recover deleted music from SD card or internal memory from Android. Besides music, it can also recover deleted photos, videos and documents from Android SD card and deleted call logs, contacts, text messages, photos, videos, and documents from Android internal memory card & SIM card. And all recovered files can be movable to computer for backup.
What's more, you can also manage existing Android data, namely export contacts, messages, call logs, photos, videos, music and documents from Android device to computer. Furthermore, it also supports to preview data before recovery, such as contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music name and more.
Well, this super music recovery app for Android - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android works well with almost all Android brands running Android 4.0 and up, not only Android types listed above. Let's take Samsung for an example, the supported Samsung types are but not limited to: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra/S23/S22/S21/S20/S10/S9, Note 20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8/Note 7, Galaxy A54/A34/A24/A14/A04/A73/A53/A23/A13, etc.
How to recover deleted music files on Android phone?
1. Run the software on your computer, and enter in Android Recovery module from toolbox. Connect Android phone to computer with a USB cable and follow the on-screen steps to get your phone detected. Once done, you will see the interface as below. Select Audios and click Next to continue.
2. Choose Quick Scan or Deep Scan to scan out your deleted music files, then click Continue to start the scanning.
Note: If you can't find the deleted music files after scanning, then the music files may be stored in the internal memory of your phone, please root your Android phone and try again.
3. Restore deleted music files. Select Music from the left window, check wanted items from the right window and tap Recover below to recover deleted music from Android to computer for backup.
Android Audio Rescue: How to Recover Deleted Audio Files from Android Phone
How to Reset Locked Motorola Phone without Password?
Coolmuster Android Assistant is a comprehensive Android file manager for all Android users to transfer, manage, edit, back up and restore files on Android. And it is also a music recovery app for Android. However, to use Coolmuster Android Assistant to restore deleted music files, you need to have a music backup via it before gets lost, or you cannot use its backup and restore feature to retrieve deleted music on Android. Besides music, it also supports to backup and restore contacts, call logs, messages, music, photos, videos, books, documents, user apps, etc.
Likewise, it is also fully compatible with most Android brands running Android 4.0 and later, like Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, Huawei, Xiaomi, Google, Dell, etc.
How to get deleted music back on Android?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on your computer, and enter in Android Assistant module from toolbox.
2. Connect Android device to computer via a USB cable. Then enable USB debugging and grant permission on Android as prompted. After successful connection, you will see Android phone's main information on this program.
3. Click Super Toolkit on the top of menu > Restore > Select Android device name and check Music > Tap Restore below to undelete music files from computer backup to Android device.
You might also need:
Android Recycle Bin - Where and How to Find Deleted Items on Android Phone?
How to Fix Green Lines on iPhone Screen? Proven Solutions Are Here
Many people form the habit of backing up large media files from Android to computer. Thus, if you create music backups before they get lost, you can easily recover deleted music files on Android with the help of your computer.
How to restore deleted music files?
1. Connect your Android device to computer via a USB cable and choose MTP or Transfer files mode under Use USB for window on your Android phone.
2. After computer recognizes your Android device, navigate to the music backups on your computer, and copy & paste to Android device.
Check if you need: With this post, you will smoothly unlock your Android PIN lock.
Besides backing up music files on computer, some may also save music files on Android SD card. Therefore, if you make a backup of music files on SD card before music loss, you can use this method to realize deleted music recovery.
How to recover deleted music from SD card on Android?
1. Insert the SD card where you have backed up music on your Android device.
2. Open the folder where your music files store.
3. Press and hold the music you want to recover, copy or move to a desired location on internal storage.
Well, some people may use built-in Android phone backup feature to back up Android files regularly. If you have made a backup via Android cloud backup, you can recover deleted music files in a few seconds. For different Android brand, the cloud backup feature locates in different location on your mobile. Let's take Huawei phone for an example.
How to retrieve deleted music on Android?
1. On Huawei device home interface, go to Settings > Input Backup in search box and search > Click Backup and restore to launch it.
2. Tap Restore in this interface > Select data source > Next > Choose Audio or Music > Tap Start restoration > Select a location on Android to save music files.
3. Click OK to undelete music files to Android device.
Also, Google Drive is another way that people commonly adopt to back up Android files. If you have a music backup which includes deleted music files, you can use this way to conduct deleted music recovery.
How to recover deleted songs?
1. Launch Google Drive app on your Android device, sign in and navigate to audio files in My Drive.
2. Tap and hold the file you want to recover, and you can also select multiple music files at once.
3. Click the three vertical dots on the top right corner and select Make Available Offline or Download option to restore deleted music files to Android device.
Now, you have mastered how to recover deleted music files on Android, to avoid data loss in the future, several tips below may be noteworthy.
Always remember to have a duplicate of your important music or audio files somewhere besides your phone.
Avoid connecting public Wi-Fi network or bar computer in case of attacks from any potential malicious viruses or dangerous software.
Never download software, applications, music or any other files from unknown source and visit risky websites.
Try not to update system or software in low battery environment.
In this article, we introduce 6 simple and useful ways to recover deleted music files on Android, have you mastered any method after reading? Though all 6 methods seem to restore deleted music files, in fact, most methods simply recover deleted music from music backup files which have already existed before music loss. By comparison, I highly recommend you to retrieve deleted music via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android, which can restore deleted music files without a backup in advance. Of course, if you have backed up music before it is lost, you can select Coolmuster Android Assistant or any other methods according to your demand.
Meanwhile, if you encounter any problem during use or if you have any other nice methods to undelete music files, feel free to share with us by leaving a comment below.
Top 3 Ways to Recover Deleted Videos on Android
How to Recover Deleted Files from Android [Marvelous]
3 Practical Ways to Retrieve Contacts from SIM Card in 2023
Top 5 Huawei Data Recovery Software
Android SMS Recovery: 5 Amazing Tips to Recover Android Deleted Messages
Samsung Contacts Recovery: Best 3 Ways to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on Samsung