Sony Backup and Restore: How to Back Up and Restore Sony Xperia Easily
Introduction: Sony Xperia 1, considered as the best phone for watching movies, gains a lot of popularity among customers. If you are a Sony Xperia user and looking for a way to back up the important data of your phone, then you're in the right place. This post aims to show you the best Sony backup and restore software as well as 4 easy ways on how to perform Sony Xperia backup. It is of great importance for us to back up our data regularly, now follow this post and let's get started.
Part 1: Best Sony Backup and Restore Software -- Coolmuster Android Backup Manager
Part 2: How to Create Sony Xperia Backup to PC with Coolmuster Android Assistant
Part 3: How to Perform A Sony Xperia Backup to Computer via Xperia Companion Software
Part 4: How to Conduct Sony Xperia Backup and Restore via Google Account
First, let's take a look at the best Sony backup and restore software, Coolmuster Android Backup Manager. When it comes to back up data on your phone, you may think it's a tedious job as there is a huge amount of data stores on your phone. Coolmuster Android Backup Manager will surprise you with its efficiency. With just 1 click, all your data will be backed up to computer. As a well-built and reliable software, Android Backup Manager ensures that the entire Sony backup and restore process will remain stable and smooth. And the speed of transferring depends on the size of the chosen files.
With this tool, you can choose to connect your phone to PC with a USB cable or over Wi-Fi. You also have the ability to create multiple backups for your Sony and customize the location to store the Sony backup files on PC. Whenever you need to restore the backups, just simply use the Restore feature of this tool. BTW, you are allowed to restore your Sony backups to any Android phone you want via this tool.
Coolmuster Android Backup Manager fully supports most Sony models as well as other Android phones, including Sony Xperia 1 II/10 II/L4/5/1/10 Plus/10/L3/XZ Premium/XZ1/XZ5/XZs/XZp, Samsung, Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, ZTE, OPPO and etc.
Download it on your computer and give it a try:
Here is the simple guide on Sony backup and restore via Android Backup Manager:
1.1 How to Create Sony Backup to PC in One Go
To start with, download and run the Coolmuster Android Backup Manager on your PC and then click Android Backup & Restore.
- Step 1: Connect your Sony to your PC with a USB cable or using Wi-Fi. Enable USB debugging and grant permissions on your Sony according to the prompt on the screen. Once the program detects your phone, you will see the interface like below.
- Step 2: To back up Sony to PC, click the "Backup" option > select the items you want to back up > choose the location on PC to store the backups > click the "Back Up" button to back up Sony Xperia data to PC.
1.2 How to Restore Sony Files from PC
- Step 1: After your phone is detected, select "Restore" this time.
- Step 2: Select the backups record you want > choose the contents you wish to restore > click the "Restore" button.
All your Sony Xperia data can be backed up and restored to/from computer with just 1 click. We strongly recommend you to back up your crucial data stores on your Sony Xperia using Coolmuster Android Backup Manager on a regular basis. You can access your data again on your phone with the help of the "Restore" feature.
Another great Sony backup and restore software is Coolmuster Android Assistant. Specialized in managing Android data, Coolmuster Android Assistant offers a 1-click backup and restore feature for Android phone. Besides creating a full Sony Xperia backup, it also lets you preview the data on your Sony Xperia, enabling your to select the specific files to back up as well as manage your files freely on computer.
What else can Coolmuster Android Assistant do? Please check its features below:
>> Back up & Restore Sony Xperia data including apps, contacts, call logs, messages, music, photos, videos, and books with 1 click.
>> Transfer data from Sony Xperia to PC and vice versa individually or in batches as you want.
>> Manage/Delete/Add/Copy/Search data that stores on your Sony Xperia without any challenge.
>> Read-Only & Completely safe. You can rest assured that this software will not damage or misuse your important data.
>> Work well with most of Sony phone as well as other Android brands like HTC, Samsung, Motorola, ZTE, LG, HUAWEI, Dell and many more.
Now download the free trial version of Coolmuster Android Assistant and have a try:
2.1 How to Back Up Sony Xperia to Computer with Coolmuster Android Assistant
To back up Sony Xperia, firstly launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on the computer and then choose the "Android Assistant" module.
- Step 1: Connect your phone to computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi. Follow the on-screen prompt to realize the connection. You can see the main interface as below once your phone is detected by the program.
- Step 2: Go to the "Super Toolkit" section and click "Backup".
- Step 3: Here you can select the type of file to back up. Click "Browse" to choose the location to store your files then click "Back Up".
2.2 How to Restore Backup Files to Sony Xperia with 1 Click
- Step 1: Run the software on your computer and then connect Sony Xperia to computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Go to the "Super Toolkit" section and click "Restore".
- Step 3: Select the previous Sony Xperia backup and then click "Restore".
1.3 How to Back Up and Restore Sony Xperia Data Individually
You may think back up the whole Xperia would be a waste of time or space if you only want to back up specific data like contacts, photos, videos, etc. Here we will show you how to back up Sony Xperia data individually.
- Step 1: Run the software on your computer and connect your Sony Xperia to computer.
- Step 2: Click the folders you want and preview the data. Select the required data and click "Export" on the top of the menu.
In this way, you can select the Sony Xperia data individually and back up to the computer. What's more, you can use the "Import" button to restore them to your phone again.
Xperia Companion Software is a computer application for software update and repair on your Sony Xperia phone. It aims to solve any performance issues on your Xperia devices in a quick and safe way. In addition, it offers back up and restore feature as the "Software repair" function can wipe your device.
3.1 How to Back Up Sony Xperia to Computer via Xperia Companion Software
- Step 1: Download and run the Xperia Companion software on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your Sony Xperia device to computer via a USB cable.
- Step 3: Select "Backup" on the main menu and name your backup on the pop-up window, click "Next" to continue.
- Step 4: Select the files you want to back up and click "Next".
- Step 5: Add a password for your important data, then click "Next" to start.
Where does Sony Xperia companion store the backups? After the backup process is finished, you can find your Xperia backup files under this location: C:\Users\Documents\Sony\Xperia Companion\Backups
3.2 How to Restore Sony Xperia from Xperia Companion Software
After conducting a Sony Xperia backup to computer, let's see how to restore the data to your Xperia device:
- Step 1: Launch the Xperia Companion software on the computer.
- Step 2: Connect Sony Xperia phone to computer via a USB cable.
- Step 3: Click "Restore" on the main menu and select the Xperia backup files, then click "Next" to continue.
- Step 4: Enter the password to access your data.
- Step 5: Select the files you want to restore and be aware that your data on the Xperia device will be replaced by the selected files from the backup.
- Step 6: Click "Next" to restore your data.
Cloud storage is a good solution to Sony Xperia backup and restore as well. Syncing all the data to the internet can free up space on your device. However, most cloud service offers limited free space which can be eaten up quickly. Anyway, in this part, we will illustrate how to back up and restore Sony Xperia via Google account.
4.1 How to Back Up Sony Xperia to Google Account
Note: To use this method, you need to download Google Drive and have a Google account.
- Step 1: On the Home screen, tap the Apps icon and go to "Settings" > "Backup & reset" > Turn on "Back up my data".
- Step 2: Tap "Backup account" > Tap Google account > Turn on "Automatic restore" switch.
4.2 How to Restore Xperia Backup from Google Backup
How do I restore from Google backup? Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open the Google Drive app and log in to it with the Google account that you have applied to back up your Xperia before.
- Step 2: After entering the Google account, select the previous backup that you want to restore, tap "Restore".
It is wise to create a backup of your Xperia device just in case something wrong happens to your phone and cause a data loss. Speaking of Sony backup and restore software, Coolmuster Android Backup Manager is your solid choice. Compared to cloud storage, it is safer and free from the concern of limited storage space. And it makes the backup and restore progress easy and quick.
If you are looking for a tool that can back up and manage your data, you can give Coolmuster Android Assistant a try. It supports more types of files and provides more comprehensive functions for managing data in comparison to Xperia Companion Software.