We do not carry a camera with us all the time, thus, iPhone becomes a perfect high-quality digital camera for us to capture the beautiful scenery. However, iPhone's storage is not unlimited, too many valuable and memorable pictures on iPhone may run out of iPhone memory. If you are unwilling to delete any of them from your iPhone, you may consider how to extract photos from iPhone. There are lots of ways to extract photos from iPhone, and here I am going to teach you how to export images from iPhone to computer in 8 ways. No matter you are using Windows PC or a Mac, you can find a suitable way for you from this tutorial.
Part 1. How to Extract Photos from iPhone to PC
1.1 How to Extract Photos from iPhone to PC in One Click with Coolmuster iOS Assistant (Recommended)
1.2 How to Pull Photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10 via Photos
1.3 How to Extract Pictures from iPhone to Windows PC Using iTunes
1.4 How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC with iCloud for Windows
1.5 How to Move Photos from iPhone to Computer Using Email
Part 2. How to Extract Pictures from iPhone to Mac
2.1 How to Extract Photos from iPhone to MacBook via Photos App
2.2 How Do I Pull Photos off My iPhone to Mac with iCloud
2.3 How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using AirDrop
If you own a Windows computer, you can import photos from iPhone to PC with the following five methods. Let's take a look one by one.
The fastest way to extract photos from iPhone to PC is by using the professional iPhone photo extractor - Coolmuster iOS Assistant. Coolmuster iOS Assistant supports to export iPhone photos with various formats, like JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PEG, etc. Besides, it is also powerful to back up, restore and export contacts, messages, videos, music, notes, bookmarks, eBooks, calendars, apps and other files from/to iPhone/iPad/iPod on computer without using iTunes.
What's more, this recommended iPhone photo extractor is highly secure and easy to use, with 3 simple steps, you can import or export data on iPhone/iPad/iPod. Also, it works well on all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod, such as iPhone 14/13/12/SE (2nd generation)/SE/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
Tips: This tool comes with Windows and Mac versions, if you are a Mac user, you can download Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac to extract photos from iPhone.
Let's see how to extract photos from iPhone to PC in 3 steps.
1. Launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant after installing on computer.
2. Use a USB cord to connect iPhone to computer. When a pop-up window appears on your iPhone, tap Trust to trust this computer. Then this program will automatically detect your device. Once done, you will see the main interface on this program as below.
3. Select Photos from the left panel, preview and tick the photos you want to export from the right panel and hit the Export button on the top menu to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Tips: Curious about how to transfer photos backup from computer to iPhone? If you want to know this, you can refer to this article: how to transfer photos from laptop to iPhone.
The Photos app on Windows 10 enables you to import photos from iPhone to computer easily. So, if you have a computer running Windows 10, you can follow the steps below to sync photos from iPhone to computer.
How to extract photos from iPhone to Windows 10?
1. Connect your iPhone to computer using a USB cable. If you see a prompt on your iPhone asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust or Allow to continue.
2. On computer, click the Start menu at the lower left corner of the screen > Photos > Import > From a USB device. Then the Photos app will search for the device. Once done, it will display the photos.
3. Select the photos you want to export from iPhone and click Continue button to start the transfer process.
Guess you like: Want an efficient way to transfer images from an iPhone to a PC running Windows 7? Then you can click this link.
Besides above methods, one of the traditional way to extract pictures from iPhone to PC is using iTunes. Well, you may get familiar with how to extract photos from iPhone to Mac using iTunes, but how to do it on a Windows computer? The steps are as below:
How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC using iTunes?
Before you start, make sure that you have installed the latest iTunes on your computer.
1. Connect iPhone to computer via a USB cable and launch iTunes if it does not launch automatically.
2. Click your iPhone icon at the top left corner of the interface > Summary > Photos.
3. Tap Sync Photos from the right window > Select Choose Folder... from the drop-down list > Choose the folder where photos are > Hit Apply button below to start syncing the whole photos folder to your computer.
Planning to copy photos from Huawei to a PC? This guide will help you easily complete the photo migration.
Is there a program can recover deleted photos on an iPhone? Yes, this post has listed 6 tools for your reference.
If you want to import photos from iPhone to PC wirelessly, you can upload iPhone photos to iCloud and then download to computer from iCloud for Windows.
Here's how to do it:
1. Enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone. Go to iPhone's Settings > Tap your Apple ID > iCloud > Photos > Turn on iCloud Photos Library.
2. Install iCloud for Windows on your computer, launch it and sign in with the same Apple ID and password you used on your iPhone.
3. Download photos from iCloud to computer. Click Options next to Photos > Check iCloud Photos > Tick iCloud Photo Library and Download new photos and videos to my PC > Hit Done > Apply. Then iPhone photos will be in a folder on your computer.
See also: It is easy to remove MDM from an iPad. Here is a useful guide for your reference.
Email is another wireless way to transfer photos, videos or other files as an attachment to computer or other devices. But it is only convenient to move a few light photos, for a large amount of photos, I recommend you to use Coolmuster iOS Assistant.
How do I get the photos off my iPhone to my PC?
1. On your iPhone, launch Photos app and tap Select button to select the photos you want to transfer.
2. Tap Share > Mail > Sign in with your email account and password > Fill in a receiver in the To field and click Send.
3. Sign in the same email account on your computer, go to Outbox, find the email you sent just now and download the attached photos to your computer.
You might need: When iCloud is stuck in synchronizing your iPhone data, please use these ways to solve it with ease.
For Mac users, you can follow these ways to sync photos from iPhone to Mac.
1. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your Mac. Then connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable and open the Photos app.
2. You will see an Import window with all photos and videos from the connected iPhone. If this window does not appear, click your iPhone name under Devices from the left sidebar. Note that you may need to trust this computer on your iPhone if your iPhone is the first time to be connected to this computer.
3. Select the photos you want to transfer and tap Import X Selected or Import All New Photos, based on your needs.
You can also transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud as the following guidance does:
1. Toggle on iCloud Photos on iPhone by going to iPhone's Settings > Tapping your Apple ID > iCloud > Photos > Turning on Upload to My Photo Stream.
2. On your Mac, click the Apple icon from the top menu of the screen > System Preferences... > Select iCloud and sign in with the same Apple ID.
3. Tap Options beside Photos > Check My Photo Stream > Done.
Further reading: Wonder how to sync photos from Mac to iPhone with iCloud Photo Library? Check here to learn more.
AirDrop runs on iOS 7 and higher as well as macOS X 10.7 and later versions. Hence, before you use AirDrop to extract photos from iPhone to Mac, make sure that both devices support AirDrop.
How to extract photos from iPhone to Mac?
1. Toggle on AirDrop on both iPhone and Mac.
2. On your iPhone, go to the Photos app > Select the photos you want to transfer > Share > AirDrop > Your Mac's name.
3. Hit Accept on your Mac to begin to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
Notes: If the AirDrop suddenly does not work on your iPhone, you can check here to learn how to fix AirDrop not working on iPhone problem.
How to extract photos from iPhone? The article lists top 8 workable methods to transfer photos from iPhone to computer and I highly recommend you to try Coolmuster iOS Assistant to sync photos from iPhone to PC or Mac. It is totally secure, easy to use, fast and selective, while other ways are slow, unselective or complex to use. Thus, you can have a try of Coolmuster iOS Assistant.
Well, if you have better ways to extract photos from iPhone, you can share with us below. In addition, if you encounter any difficulty during use or if you want to know other how-to issues, feel free to leave a comment below.