How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac (9 Proven Ways)
Everyone loves beautiful things in life. When you record those wonderful moments with photos, videos, or recordings on your iPhone, you will find much of your iPhone storage is taken up. Thus, transferring those files to Mac or PC becomes an urgent thing. At the same time, moving photos, videos, or recordings to computer for backup not only frees up iPhone storage, but also makes it easier to edit, convert, organize or appreciate on a larger high-resolution screen.
This article shows you how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac with illustrations. Among 9 proven ways of how to import photos from iPhone to Mac, you will surely find one suitable.
Way 1. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
Way 2. How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac via iPhoto or Photos App
Way 3. How to Upload Photos from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
Way 4. How to Download Photos from iPhone to Mac via iCloud
Way 5. How to Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac via Preview
Way 6. How to Get Photos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture
Way 7. How to Move Photos from iPhone to Mac via Email
Way 8. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to MacBook via iMessage
Way 9. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac via Dropbox
The simplest and fastest way to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac is using Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac - an iOS transfer, management and backup tool which supports to manage, transfer and backup iPhone contacts, messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, music, videos, photos, books and apps. With no more than three clicks, You can easily export photos or albums with original quality from iPhone to Mac. Besides photos, you can also deal with other file types. For Windows PC, you can refer to Coolmuster iOS Assistant.
You can also add, import/export, edit, delete or group iPhone contacts on Mac, export messages to computer, import/export, add and search memos (iOS 10 or lower version are supported), import/export, delete and search calendars, add, edit, import/export and delete bookmarks, export music (songs, voice memos and tones), export movies, TV shows or music videos, import/export and delete eBooks, and uninstall iPhone apps via computer.
When you want to backup above files, you can backup selectively, or backup all data with one click. What's else? Well, Coolmuster iOS Assistant supports PC with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000/2003, Mac OS X 10.9 or later(including MacBook, MacBook Air, etc.) and a wide range of iPhone/iPad/iPod types from lower iOS version to iOS 13, like iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XS/X/XS Max/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/SE/6s Plus/6s/6/6 Plus/5s/5C/5/iPad Pro/iPad mini/iPod touch/iPod mini, etc.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your Mac.
2. Connect iPhone to Mac via a USB cable. The program will automatically detect your device. Hit Trust and Continue on your iPhone promptly when pop-up windows appear. After successful detection, your will see iPhone's information on your Mac screen.
3. Choose Photos from left panel on this interface, tick desired items from right panel and click Export on the top to backup iPhone photos to Mac.
After that, you will copy photos from iPhone to Mac successfully, then you can edit, beautify or save on Mac.
Mac computer has its own photo feature for users to manage digital photos. For Mac OS X Yosemite earlier, it is called iPhoto and for Mac OS X Yosemite or later, it is Photos. Except that, other iOS lower than Mac OS X, including Mac OS Classic, do not support this function.
How to download photos from iPhone to Mac?
1. Connect iPhone to Mac via a USB cable and launch Photos if it doesn't launch automatically.
2. Click File > Import > Select wanted photos from iPhone to Mac> Import New Photo or Import All New Items.
After that, you will move photos from iPhone to Mac Photos Library folder. You can go to: Finder > Choose Pictures > Right click Photos Library > Show Package Contents > Masters to find them and change storage location.
AirDrop enables you to send photos from iPhone to Mac, but it requires a Mac model 2012 or later version running OS X Yosemite and later and iPhone 8 or later.
How to AirDrop photos from iPhone to Mac?
1. Turn on AirDrop on iPhone. Go to: Settings > General > AirDrop > Contacts Only or Everyone.
2. Pair iPhone with Mac under same WiFi network. On your Mac, go to: Finder > Go > AirDrop > Click blue dropdown info. from the pop-up window > Select Everyone.
3. On iPhone, go to: Photos app > Select wanted photos > Click Sharing > Tap on your Mac's name > Accept photos on Mac.
This is how to get photos off iPhone to Mac via AirDrop way.
Using iCloud to sync photos from iPhone to Mac, you must make sure that your uploading photos are no more than 5GB, or you will need to pay for upgrading storage space.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to Mac?
1. On iPhone, go to: Settings > Sign in your Apple ID > Click your Apple ID > iCloud > Photos > Switch on iCloud Photos Library or Upload to My Photo Stream.
2. On Mac, click System Preferences from Apple menu > iCloud > Sign in iCloud with the same Apple ID > Hit Option after Photos > Check the box next to iCloud Photo Library (iCloud Photos in some version) > Done.
Then you will upload photos from iPhone to Mac via iCloud. However, remember to backup iPhone photos to Mac storage since photos in Photo Stream only last for 30 days or up to 1000 images.
You may have used Preview on Mac to edit or adjust pictures, in fact it is also feasible to export photos from iPhone to Mac. However, it is very slow to load pictures when you import plenty of pictures.
How do I import photos from iPhone to Mac?
1. Connect iPhone to Mac via a USB cord.
2. Launch Preview on Mac, then click File at the up left corner > Import from iPhone > Select wanted photos > Choose Import or Import All > Decide a storage path on Mac to get photos from iPhone to Mac.
This is how to export photos from iPhone to Mac using Preview.
Image Capture can also import photos from iPhone to Mac and store in a folder but it is not a professional tool to transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook, thus you cannot import too much once.
Let's see how to transfer photos from iPhone to iMac.
1. Connect iPhone to Mac via a USB cable and launch Image Capture on Mac.
2. From connected devices list, click your iPhone name > set a storage folder to Import To > Select photos from your iPhone.
3. Click Import or Import All to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
This is how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac computer via Image Capture.
You can also send emails to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac if you just transfer several photos. Read more to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook Air or Mac.
1. Open Photos app on your iPhone, go to an Album, tap on Edit button and select desired photos.
2. Hit Share button and select Email, then input Email address and password to log in and send.
3. On your Mac, sign in the same email address and download photos from iPhone to Mac.
This is how to save photos from iPhone to Mac via Email.
Like Email, iMessage can also transfer photos from iPhone to Mac only in a few amount. Here is how to backup photos from iPhone to Mac via iMessage.
1. Go to Photos app of your iPhone, choose photos you want to transfer from iPhone to Mac, then tap on Share.
2. Choose iMessage, type Email in the window and send.
3. Open iMessage on Mac and download.
After that, you will solve the problem how to send photos from iPhone to Mac.
If you have used Dropbox before, you may find it also can solve the problem how to put photos from iPhone to Mac. The steps are as follows:
1. Install Dropbox on your iPhone and create an account.
2. Log into Dropbox app on your iPhone and enable access to your photos as prompted.
3. Tap + button, select Upload Files to upload photos from iPhone to Mac.
4. On Mac, sign in Dropbox official website with the same Dropbox account used on your iPhone, find your uploaded photos and download photos from iPhone to Mac.
This is how to download photos from iPhone to Mac via Dropbox. However, Dropbox only offers 2 GB free space for users to use. If you have used much space before or if your photos take up large space, you may need to pay for expanding Dropbox storage space. Also, if network is slow, the transfer process will take long time.
Besides, if you are interested, you can get to know more about how to send photos from Mac to iPhone.
"How do you import photos from iPhone to Mac? Or how do you transfer photos from iPhone to Mac?" After reading above methods, I am sure you will not ask similar questions again. Anyway, there are nine methods about how to copy photos from iPhone to Mac, you can find at least one suitable. However, if you want to transfer all photos in a few seconds and without any damages to photo quality or iPhone, I highly recommend Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac, for it really solves the problem how to import all photos from iPhone to Mac.
Just try those methods. If you encounter any problems during use, you can leave a comment below.