[Proven] How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer
Some videos are very significant. For example, they can be used as evidences of complaints on amazon products or can be memorable moments about old classmate reunion. But you may often get a reminder that the iPhone is out of memory. So it's very important to choose a proper way to send the videos to computer regularly. Now, how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer might be your concern. Well, the post will show you 6 effective ways for video transfer.
Before that, here are 6 warm tips to save iPhone memory first. As we know, the latest iPhone (iPhone 11) has 4 GB of internal memory with the largest random access memory of 256 GB, which is still not enough for video enthusiasts. Now, the 6 guides is: turning off the permanent storage of SMS, do not saving photos twice, clearing the browser cache, wiping off-line data, uninstalling software installation package, selectively deleting applications and data.
Tip: Want to edit the videos that shot on iPhone on your computer? These 11 Best Vlog Editing Software can help.
#1 How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer - Coolmuster iOS Assistant (Best)
#2 How to Upload Videos from iPhone to Computer - AutoPlay (Windows 7)
#3 How to Send Videos from iPhone to Computer - AirDrop
#4 How to Get Videos from iPhone to Computer - Photos App (Windows 10)
#5 How to Import Videos from iPhone to PC - Windows/File Explorer
#6 How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC - iCloud Photo Library
We all hope to have a leisure time after busy working. Most people may choose to watch humorous or meaningful videos to enrich their spiritual life, but videos are piling up, and some useful videos (or even paid videos)you cannot bear to delete. In this case, you may choose to transfer them to PC to free up your iPhone memory. At this point, you need to find a good software to do that. Coolmuster iOS Assistant, a scientific and professional app, can be your wise choice. Now, let's get more details about this multifunctional utility.
Top 5 persuasive properties of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Run on almost all types of iDevices (iPhone/iPad/iPod) with all system versions like iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8, iOS 7 and etc.
* Back up music, videos, photos, contacts, text messages, calendars, bookmarks, books and apps from iPhone/iPad/iPod to computer or iTunes.
* Create multiple iTunes backup data for one iDevice free from overwriting the previous iTunes backups.
* Transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, aside from books and calendars, and other data categories are to be supported in the coming versions.
* Export files with the alternative formats that are easy to open or print.
So extraordinary, isn't it? Download it now?
After you get the app on your PC, you may want to know: how do I transfer videos from iPhone to computer?
Here are 2 easy steps on how to download videos from iPhone to computer:
* Step 1. Launch the program on your computer and connect your iPhone to PC via a USB cord as prompted. Next, tap "Trust" on your iPhone and click "Continue" to wait for the detection by the app. After that, you can see the interface as below.
* Step 2. Under the Media tab, go to "Videos" which including Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, and tick videos that you want to transfer and click "Export" to copy videos from iPhone to PC.
Note: This omnipotent app can transfer every item as listed on the interface from your iDevice to computer. Thus, want to transfer other data to PC? Just follow the similar steps as transferring videos.
Watch this video to learn more specifics on how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer with Coolmuster iOS Assistant.
Bonus: The software can also backup iPhone to external hard drive to keep your videos and other data in case your computer doesn't work well oneday.
PC with Windows version has the Autoplay function that can help you transfer phone videos to the computer. The operation details of different windows versions will be slightly different, but they are fundamentally similar. Take Windows 7 as an example to show how to upload videos with Autoplay.
How to upload videos from iPhone to computer via Autoplay:
* Step 1. Connect iPhone to computer for automatic detection. After that, tap "Import pictures and videos" as prompted.
* Step 2. Hit "Import Settings" to change videos storage path. (To save C disk space of your PC, suggest you setting another disk for storing your videos.)
* Step 3. Tap "Import" to get videos from iPhone to computer.
Tips: When a device is connected to a Windows PC, it will enable Autoplay by default. So, to prevent USB virus transmission, it is generally recommended that users turn off AutoPlay or AutoRun on your PC with Windows version. (Start menu > Right-click Control panel > All control panel > Autoplay > Cancel)
AirDrop is a link between Apple's Mac OS and iOS operating system, which was introduced from Mac OS X lion (Mac OS X 10.7) and iOS 7. It allows data to be transferred between supported Mac and iDevices, but the transfer speed might be slow. At times, the fact that Bluetooth version can't match well with Mac may result in the failure to establish a virtual connection and may not be able to transfer videos.
Clear manual on how to move videos from iPhone to PC with AirDrop:
* Step 1. Follow the cue: Finder > Go > AirDrop to enable AirDrop from your Mac. Then light WiFi and Bluetooth and turn on AirDrop on your Mac. Set your Mac to be discovered by Everyone by opening Allow option.
* Step 2. Turn on AirDrop on your iPhone: Slide up from the bottom of the iPhone screen to find out the Control Center. Touch AirDrop and set your iPhone to be discovered by Everyone too.
* Step 3. Start Photos from your iPhone to choose videos and hit Share. Then input your Mac’s name as it hints: Receive the videos on your Mac.
Note: If your AirDrop is not working on Mac, read this post to fix it.
Photos App can help you transfer videos from your iPhone to Windows 10 PC. Although Mac also has a program with the same name that can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, it is different from the Windows version. While using Win10 version to upload videos, you need to find the videos you want to upload from the list of all the videos on the iPhone, and add them one by one.
Here're tutorials on how to get videos off iPhone with Photos App:
* Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the PC with Windows 10 system via a USB cord. Unlock your iPhone with logging in your password and touch Trust on your iPhone as hinted.
* Step 2. Open Photos App and go to Import > From a USB device (Start Photos application from the Start menu if it doesn't turn up), the app will detect your photos and video from your iPhone.
* Step 3. Select your needed videos and position a destination to save them. Next, tap Import Selected to copy videos from iPhone to PC.
Tips: While making selections, you can click Import settings to change import destination for videos. After that, if you want to save your iPhone storage, you can delete the videos you've kept on pc from your iPhone.
File Explorer, another name for Windows Explorer in Windows 10, which comes with Windows systems, serves as a resource manager. It's a keeper for graphs. so removing it will render the Windows graphical interface unusable. Besides, it is also an option to import videos from iPhone to PC.
Here're details on how to put videos from iPhone to computer with Windows/File Explorer:
* Step 1. Search for your iPhone icon from This PC after you connect your phone to PC via a USB cable. Right-click iPhone image and opt for Import pictures and videos. (If your PC runs Windows 10, Please tap Start > File Explorer > This PC. Then right-click your iPhone name, and hit Import pictures and videos.)
* Step 2. Go to Review, organize, and group items to import or Import all new items now, and then press Next to move on.
* Step 3. Choose your desired videos and press Import to start import videos from iPhone to PC. (Another way to import your videos to computer: This PC > [your iPhone name] > Internal Storage > DCIM > 100APPLE > Copy the videos from your iPhone.)
Attention: Windows/File Explorer is a Windows GUI shell whose normal path is C: \ windows directory, otherwise it may be w32.coded or w32.mydoom.b occupying by the virus probably. So, it's necessary to check for virus on a regular basis.
Prior to iCloud Photo Library, you may use iCloud to move videos from iPhone to PC, but there is only 5 GB free capacity in it, while with iCloud Photo Library, though a bit slow when it works, you have another choice to transfer videos. Once you have enabled this function, videos will no longer be stored in iCloud backup. However, it is a packaged transfer process. So, choosing the suitable means like #1 to conduct your transfer task is a bright option.
Instructions on how to download video from iPhone to PC with iCloud Photo Library:
* Step 1. Enable iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone: Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
* Step 2. Turn on iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC: Log in with the Apple ID that you use to access your iPhone after you download, install and launch iCloud for Windows on your computer.
* Step 3. Tap Options to choose iCloud Photo Library and you'll find the option - Download new photos and videos to my PC and Upload new photos and videos from my PC selected by the Photo Library by default. Here you need to cancel the latter tick.
* Step 4. Click Done > Apply. Then go to This PC > iCloud Photos > Downloads to access all the new photos and videos from your iPhone.
Tips: If you want to turn on iCloud Photos Library on your Mac, you can follow System Preferences > iCloud > Option > iCloud Photos.
6 latest methods on how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer are sorted out above. If you want to transfer movies, TV shows, music videos and other videos selectively and intactly from your iPhone to your computer, Coolmuster iOS Assistant is your best choice, as some methods are either package transfer with wires or wirelessly, or have some limitation for the version of the operating system. It's worth mentioning that solution #4 is also desirable, yet it can only run between iPhone and Mac.
If you think this article is practical, welcome to share it with your friends, and of course, be glad to see any suggestion from you.