Easily Recover Voice Memos from iCloud Backup
Voice Memo is a useful application on Apple device for recording your video lectures, important meeting discussions or your favorite song. You cannot take the risk of losing these important recordings. But, unfortunately, you are helpless when you lose these recordings due to iOS up gradation, cleaning up your device storage, forgotten password; when you either damage or lose your device.
It may create havoc in your professional life or it may disturb your studies if you are a student. But, you don't need to worry. You can restore your voice memos if you have created a backup on iCloud, a cloud-storage service from Apple.
Method 1. Recover Voice Memos from iCloud Backup on iDevice Directly
It's easy to restore your voice memos from iCloud in simple steps if you have backed it up before. Here, we have listed the steps to restore your lost voice memos from iCloud. But please note that this method is more suitable for users who want to erase all data on their iOS device.
Here is how:
- First of all, you have to reset your device. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Then tap on the option of Restore from iCloud Backup.
- After this, you have to sign in your iCloud account with your Apple ID and passwords.
- After successful login, you will be asked to select the backup you created at a particular date and time in the past. Choose the back up and wait while the files are being transferred.
- After successful completion, you'd be able to see your restored voice memos in your device.
If you only want to recover the voice memos from iCloud backup instead of the whole iCloud backup files, you might rely on a powerful third-party tool - iCloud Backup Extractor. It is a professional program and allows you to preview and select the specific items you want to recover from iCloud backup, including the voice memos, contacts, calendars, notes, photos, music, videos and etc. on all versions of iPhone, iPad and iPod, like iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/SE, iPad air, iPad touch, iPod mini and so on.
Here is the guide:
1. Download and run the installed software on your computer, and select the "Recover from iCloud Backup File" mode and sign in your iCloud account.
Note: Please do not connect your device to PC during recovery, or your iCloud backup files might be modified or updated.
2. Then you might see a list of iCloud backup from different devices. Choose the one containing the voice memos you want and download it.
3. Then you can preview all the files from the iCloud backup. Visit the "Voice Memos" section and select the items you want and click "Recover" button to restore the selected items.