Smartphone has become an indispensable part of our life, and we spend hours browsing the latest news, chatting with friends or colleagues, or playing online games on our Android devices every day. Inevitably, many junk files and temp data will produce on our devices, taking up more and more device storage and making the device run slower and slower. When you turn increasingly unable to bear the lag or hang, you may want to clean junk files on Android to make it run smoothly.
Take a few minutes to go through this article and learn several effective ways to delete useless files on Android quickly.
Way 1. How to Delete Unused Files on Android Directly
Way 2. How to Delete Unnecessary Files in Android by Using Files by Google
Way 3. How to Remove Unused Files and Folders from Android Using System Settings
Way 4. How to Delete Unwanted Files in Android by Wiping Cache Partition
Way 5: How to Clean Junk Files on Android via Coolmuster Android Assistant (Mobile Version)
Suppose you don't want to install third-party apps to clean junk files on the phone or have insufficient storage. In that case, you can periodically remove temp files and optimize the device performance by clearing app caches.
To clean up junk files on Android directly:
1. Open Settings on your Android phone and scroll down to select Apps.
2. Tap the app you want to clear caches, click Storage, and select Clear cache to remove the app's junk files and temp data.
Learn more: Are there memorable pictures on your old Android device? If so, you can transfer these pictures to your new Android phone.
You can also use Files by Google to remove junk files on Android and delete temp files. However, although it does not affect app settings, it will permanently erase the data.
How to find junk files on Android?
1. Install Files by Google if it doesn't come pre-installed on your Android device and then open the app.
2. Click Clean at the lower-left corner followed by the Confirm and free up option.
3. Click See junk files to select the log files you wish to delete.
4. Tap Clear and then confirm with Clear once again.
People also need: Get 4 ways to delete photos from iPhone thoroughly from this guide.
To clean junk files for free via System Settings, follow these steps:
1. Go to the device's Settings > Storage.
2. Tap Manage storage to see all the cache data produced on the device and confirm with OK on the pop-up window to delete cache memory.
Wiping cache partition will cause data loss or even damage your device. If you don't mind this, proceed with the following steps.
1. Power off your Android device.
2. Press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons together for 5 to 10 seconds until your phone goes into recovery mode.
3. Use the Volume buttons to move onto the Wipe cache partition option and tap the Power button to select it. Please wait until it finishes deleting unnecessary files.
4. Once finished, tap the Reboot system now option to restart your Android device.
You may like: 8 Best Android Data Eraser Software: Erase Your Android Permanently
Coolmuster Android Assistant (Android Version) is the best way to clean unneeded Android files in one click, such as crash files, residual caches, app ad caches, etc. It can free up memory on Android and speed up your device at the same time. Besides, you can manage your Android files and applications without trouble, including your media files and other documents.
How do I delete useless files on Android in one click?
1. Download, install, and launch this Android cleaner app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
2. Tap the circle icon at the middle of the screen. Then it will immediately clear the junk files from your Android internal storage.
3. To delete unwanted files in Android folders, you can tap File Management, and select your desired file type. Then select and remove your files without a hitch.
Tips: What if you delete important files on Android before overwriting? Check this guide to recover deleted files from Android immediately.
It's not complicated to clean junk files on Android. By the end of this article, you've got 5 free or non-free methods. If you hope to clean junk data on your Android device with ease, Coolmuster Android Assistant (Android Version) is a suitable option, whose cleaning capability and file management will surely fulfill your customized needs. Otherwise, you can try other methods to remove partial files from your Android device.
If you have any queries, let us know in the comments.
12 Best Android Phone Cleaner Apps 2023 - Clean Cache & Boost Speed
6 Best Android Storage Manager Apps: Manage and Free up Android Space
How to Free Up Space on Samsung Tablet or Phone in 7 Ways?
How to Wipe a SIM Card with Android Safely? (Full Guide)
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts in Android in Minutes?
How to Remove Duplicate Songs from an Android Phone Effortlessly?