Charmed by the reasonable-priced Google Pixel 5 with solid battery life and fantastic camera, many Android users have switched from their old smartphones to new Google Pixel phones. Samsung users are no exception. After many scandals broke out, the Samsung phone has fallen from the previous "Android ceiling" to be lagging behind other Android brands, including Google Pixel, which has gradually divided Samsung's position in the market.
If you have changed to a Google Pixel phone from Samsung, do you know how to transfer data from Samsung to Pixel? Thankfully, various methods can transfer from Samsung to Pixel. In this post, we will introduce the top 5 tricks.
Things to Consider before Transferring Data from Samsung to Pixel
Way 1. How to Transfer from Samsung to Pixel in One Click via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer (Easiest)
Way 2. How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Pixel During Setup with a Quick Switch Adapter
Way 3. How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Google Pixel 4a via a Google Account
Way 4. How Do I Transfer Data from Samsung to Google Pixel with USB Cable Only
Way 5. How Do I Transfer from Samsung to Google Phone Using Email
Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is a one-click method to transfer data from Samsung to Pixel. Besides, it also moves files between iOS devices and Android and iOS devices.
What can you do with Coolmuster Mobile Transfer after setup?
* One-click to transfer contacts, music, apps, call logs, SMS, photos, eBooks, and videos from Samsung to Pixel.
* Support various data types, including contacts, bookmarks, eBooks, contacts, music, apps, photos, etc.
* Read-only, fast, and secure.
* Widely compatible with all Samsung and Google Pixel phones and tablets, such as SSamsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S20/S10/S9/S8, Google Pixel 7 Pro/7/6 Pro/6/6a/5a/5/Pixel 4a/4 XL/4/3a XL/3a/3, etc.
How to transfer contacts from Samsung to Google Pixel in one click?
1. Install Coolmuster Mobile Transfer.
Install and open this software on your computer. Next, select the Mobile Transfer mode on the interface to move on.
2. Connect the two devices to the computer.
Plug the Samsung and Google Pixel into the computer using two suitable USB cables and enable the USB debugging on each phone. Please ensure that Samsung must be in the Source position. If needed, click the Flip button to switch them. Once connected, you will see Connected under the device images.
3. Transfer from Samsung to Pixel.
Tick Contacts and other data types you wish to move from the table and hit the Start Copy button to start the data migration.
As Samsung and Pixel are Android phones, you can also transfer from Samsung to Pixel with a Quick Switch Adapter during setup.
Before starting the data transfer, you need to prepare:
Then, you can transfer from Samsung to Pixel with a Quick Switch Adapter:
1. Power on the Pixel phone and click the Start button to start setting it up.
2. Insert the SIM card into Google Pixel, set up the network, and tap the Next button.
3. Plug the Quick Switch Adapter into Google Pixel, connect the USB-A end of the cable to the adapter, and the other end to the Samsung phone.
4. Unlock your Samsung phone, tap the Copy button, and check the wanted data types to transfer. When the transferring process is complete, click Next > Done.
Guess you like: Intending to put your phone number on a new iPhone? You can make it easier with this tutorial.
Suppose you wish to transfer data to Pixel without cable and computer. In that case, you can use a Google account to make the switch. Since both devices are constructed on Android, you must have already had a Google account. Although this way only supports limited file types, you can try it if there is no better choice for you.
To transfer data from Samsung to Pixel with a Google account:
1. On your Samsung phone, go to Settings > tap the Backup & Restore option > enable the Back up my data option > select the Google account to back up the Samsung data.
Or, you can also back up your data by tapping Samsung's Settings > Accounts > Google and enable the data types you want to back up.
2. Unlock your Google Pixel phone and sign in with the same Google account and password. After that, open Settings > Backup & restore > Restore > Restore from Backup. Once you select the backup file, it will begin to restore files to your Google Pixel.
Another simple way to transfer from Samsung to Google Pixel is using the USB cable and a Windows PC. But this way only goes for media files and documents. If you want to copy other data as well, please choose other methods.
Let's check how it works.
1. Connect the Samsung and Pixel to the computer using two working USB cables.
2. Unlock your Samsung phone and swipe down the screen. Afterward, tap the message in the Notification panel to enter the Use USB for window and pick the Transfer files (MTP) option. Next, repeat the operation on your Google Pixel phone. Once done, the computer will recognize your devices as portable USB storage.
3. Double-click My Computer/This PC on the desktop and open Samsung and Google Pixel under Portable devices in two windows. Later, find the DCIM or Documents folder on the Samsung internal storage, choose the wanted files, and drag & drop them to the Google Pixel phone.
If you only transfer a few files and each file is no more than 25MB, you can send from Samsung to Pixel with email. The only drawback of the solution is that it is cumbersome and slow. If you don't mind, you can start with the following steps.
1. Run the email client app on the Samsung phone and compose a new email.
2. Tap the paperclip icon to add the desired file as an attachment, fill in the recipient information, and send the email.
3. Open the same email app on your Google Pixel phone, log in with the same email address and password, and download the attachment you sent a few minutes ago.
Can you transfer from Samsung to Pixel using Smart Switch? Unfortunately, you can't. Smart Switch only supports transferring files from an Android/iOS/BlackBerry/Windows Phone to a Samsung Galaxy. If you are eager to move files, you can select any way above.
It's not difficult to transfer from Samsung to Pixel. As you can see, all the five methods can make it. However, if you consider using the simplest and safest method, I recommend you try Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. It transfers everything in one click. Besides, it won't consume the network during the process. Will you give it a try?