How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone?
When most people buy new iPhone devices such as the iPhone XS, iPhone XR or XS Max, they want to transfer the precious messages from the old gadget to the new one. Moving the messages helps in ensuring that they are not accessed by the wrong people. Many people who have tried moving these messages have failed because of one reason or the other. One of the reasons is that they do not know how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
The following are some of the reasons that iPhone users can apply to move text messages from the old iPhone to the new one.
Solution 1: How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone with 1-Click
Solution 2: How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud
Solution 3: How to Transfer Messages to a New iPhone via iTunes
Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is software that enables iPhone users to selectively move different files between two phones. For example, you can move photos, videos, music, text messages, call logs, apps, documents and even contacts from one phone to phone. Both Android and iOS devices are supported. For iOS devices, it works well with all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod from iOS 5 to iOS 12 or later, including iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/SE,
The procedure followed when using the Coolmuster Mobile Transfer involves various steps.
Step one: Start downloading and installing the program to computer.
Please launch the program to Windows PC or Mac for the transfer process to take place after installation.
Step two: Make the program recognize the two devices.
Connect them to a computer using a USB cable. For this program to work, ensure that you have installed the latest iTunes on the computer. Enter your password to unlock the iDevice. This will allow the iDevice to be detected by the program.
By the way, WiFi connection is supported for Android devices.
Step three: Transferring the data from one phone to another.
Users are advised to first ensure that the source and the destination phones are on the right side. In case they are not on the correct side, click the "Flip" option to change the position.
* Ensure that the connection remains stable until you have completed transferring the messages.
* On the content list, select all the messages that you want to move by choosing "Text Messages". Click on the "Start Copy" button.
* The transfer process will begin automatically.
Notes: Currently, the program doesn't support to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. However, this feature will be supported with the following update soon.
Method one: Using iCloud Backup to Transfer Text Messages to New iPhone
This is one of the easiest ways of moving messages from one iPhone to another. All you need to do is to back up your messages on the source gadget by using iCloud. After that, you can restore all the text messages to the new iPhone without using iTunes or a personal computer. The following are the steps followed in this procedure;
Step one: Backup messages on source device with iCloud.
* Create a connection between the source device and a source of power.
* Ensure that the WiFi is turned on.
* Go to "Settings", choose your name and then scroll down to "iCloud".
* Turn the "iCloud Backup" on. In case your device is running iOS 10 or earlier, you need to go to "Settings",
"iCloud", "Storage" and then "Back Up".
* Click on the "Backup" icon and the backup process will begin automatically. This is how to get messages from iPhone.
Step two: Restore iCloud backup to destination device for transferring messages.
* Ensure that the WiFi connection is stable.
* Turn the destination device on.
* Do the General Settings and then tap on the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option.
* If you have already done the setup process, you have to reset the phone and clear all the data. To reset it, go to "Settings", "General", "Reset" and then tap on the "Erase All the Content and Settings" option.
* Enter all your ID and password. All the messages that you backed up will automatically be restored.
So this is how to get old messages on new iPhone using iCloud backup.
Method 2: Using iCloud Syncing to Transfer Messages to New iPhone
This method of transferring messages is applicable to all Apple devices with an operating system of twelve. However, iCloud syncing for messages only supports iMessage and not any other type of text messages. The following are the steps followed when one is transferring all their iMessages from their old iDevice to the new one:
* Connect the two devices to a WiFi connection.
* Open your old iPhone and go to "Settings", choose your name and then tap on the "iCloud" option.
* Scroll down to the "Messages" option. Enable the two-factor authentication and then toggle the "Messages" option to green.
* Sign in the new device using the same iCloud account that you used in your old iPhone.
* The new gadget will start syncing and after the entire process is over, one can view messages that were in the old handset, on the new one.
So this is how to do text messages transfer to new iPhone using iCloud syncing. It is important to note that any action that is taken using the message in iCloud feature is automated in all the devices signed in with the same account. For example, if you edit or delete your iMessages, they will automatically be synced over your entire Apple device.
Using iTunes is an optional way to move messages and iMessages from one iPhone to another without using iCloud. Apart from lack of restriction on the type of messages transferred, another advantage of this method is that it is very easy. All you need to do is have an iTunes backup for the old gadget and then you can start the transfer process. The process involves two major steps;
Step one: Use iTunes to create a backup of your old iPhone
* Create a connection between the source iPhone and the computer using a lighting cable.
* Launch the iTunes app on the Mac.
* Go to "Files", click the "Devices" option and then the "Backup" option at the menu bar. Alternatively, you can tap on the iPhone icon to access the Summary page and then choose "Back up now".
* Allow the old iPhone to complete backing up all the data including messages.
* After the backup process is over, check the updated backup on iTunes. To access these messages, open the menu button; go to Preferences and then the Device.
Step two: restore the messages to the new iPhone
In this step, turn the new device on and connect it to a computer.
* If you have already set up the new iPhone, access the Summary page on iTunes and click on the "Restore Backup" option. if you have not, go to "App & Data" and choose the "Restore from iTunes Backup" option.
* Next, find the backup you have already created and confirmed the action.
* iTunes backup is better than an iCloud backup because you can move more comprehensive data from one phone to another.
There are many reasons why people would want to transfer messages from their old handsets to the new ones. For example, you might want to the messages to remain private and confidential. If you are in such a situation, you can use the above methods to complete the transfer process of iPhone transfer messages. The methods provide enough guidance on how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Think it helpful to transfer text messages to new iPhone? It is very appreciated to share this post to your friends in need.