When upgrading iPhone to iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s and etc., the first thing to do should be transferring data from old iPhone to new iPhone, such as contacts, calendars, notes, photos, videos, music and etc. However, do you know how to transmit app data like WhatsApp messages or WhatsApp attachments from iPhone to iPhone? So this article is going to show you the 3 different solutions to sync WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone for your reference.
Since iCloud enables users to sync iOS data to iCloud for backup and also share iCloud backup among different iDevices with the same Apple ID, you can use iCloud to transfer WhatsApp messages and attachments from iPhone to iPhone. However, please be aware that this will overwrite or erase the existing data on your iPhone (the importer) for the extracting iCloud backup will replace the existing iPhone data.
1. Please enable the iCloud backup on both iPhone devices. Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup on your iPhone.
2. Open WhatsApp app on your old iPhone (the exporter), and go to Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup. Here you can check your last backup about the date and size.
3. Tap Back Up Now option to sync all the WhatsApp conversations to WhatsApp's iCloud server for backup.
4. Now please install the WhatsApp app on your new iPhone (the importer) and login with your phone number.
5. Here you will get a notification to restore your previous chat history onto your new iPhone.
6. Just click "OK" option to get back all the past WhatsApp conversation you have synced to iCloud just now.
You can also use iTunes to sync WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone. However, similarly, this will also cause data lost and covered for the restored iTunes backup.
1. Use a USB cable to connect your old iPhone (the exporter) to your computer.
2. Launch iTunes and go to File > Devices > Back Up on left top of iTunes windows. And you'd better run the latest iTunes version on your computer to avoid unexpected iTunes errors.
3. After backing up your old iPhone's data, you can get your new iPhone (the importer) connected to your computer via USB cable.
4. Then run iTunes again. At this time, you are supposed to get a prompt to set up your iPhone - "Restore from iTunes Backup".
5. Follow the prompt to restore your new iPhone with the iTunes backup of your old iPhone, which contains the WhatsApp messages you need, then you might get all the old WhatsApp conversations.
6. Now please sign into your WhatsApp account with your phone number. And you will be asked to restore your previous WhatsApp chat history on your new iPhone.
7. Just click "OK" option to recover the old WhatsApp messages on your new iPhone. Thus the WhatsApp messages are successfully transferred from an old iPhone to a new iPhone.
You may also like: How to Airdrop iPhone to Computer
As described earlier, using iCloud or iTunes to transfer WhatsApp messages and attachments from iPhone to iPhone will face data lost or covered by the extracted backup files. And also you are not able to preview and select the wanted WhatsApp messages and attachments before transferring.
So here it is highly recommended a secure and professional iOS Data Transfer tool - iPhone to iPhone WhatsApp Message Transfer software for you to transfer WhatsApp messages and attachments from iPhone to iPhone. Actually, it is an all-in-one mobile phone transfer tool, which enables you to transport data among different operating system, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and etc. Apart from WhatsApp messages and attachments, you can also transmit contacts, music, videos, messages, calendars, notes and so on. on all version of Mac and Windows computer.
Below are the free trails of the software in Mac and Windows version. Please download it and start the journey with the guide as follows.
Here is how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone directly:
Step 1. After downloading and installing the program on your computer, please launch the program and connect two iPhone devices to the same computer with 2 USB cords. Then select the "Phone to Phone Transfer" mode for transferring data between two mobile phones.
Step 2. Then the program will automatically detect both of your two iPhone devices. Now you might tick off the "App Data" tab and any other tabs for transferring, then please click the "Start Transfer" button to copy WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone immediately.
Note: Please make sure the iPhone (the exporter) is displayed on the Source side and another iPhone should be on the Destination side.
Very easy to transfer data between two mobile phones, right? Please don't hesitate to download the free trail of the program on your computer right now to start the journey.
Related Articles:Transfer Files via Bluetooth between Phones