"How can I transfer messages from my old phone to the new phone? I'm using Moto phones, the old one is a Moto G (3rd Gen)， and the new one is a Moto G7. I've tried Bluetooth and got them together, but I can't transfer text (SMS) and pics (MMS) to the new phone. I really need some of those pics when I'm traveling. TIA."
- Google Support Help
Ready to cast aside your old Motorola phone and switch to a new Moto g100/g60? Then you must wonder how to transfer text messages from the old Motorola to the new one. These days, it's easy to transfer SMS from Motorola to Motorola. Don't worry if you have had a hard time syncing messages between Motorola phones. This post will walk you through three simple ways.
Way 1. How Do I Transfer Text Messages from My Old Motorola to My New Motorola via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
Way 2. How Do I Transfer Text Messages from One Motorola Phone to Another with Motorola Migrate
Way 3. How Do I Transfer from Motorola to Motorola Using Bluetooth
The best way to transfer SMS from Motorola to Motorola is Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. It works like but better than Motorola Migrate and allows you to move text messages and other content between most Motorola devices running Android 4 and later. If you find Motorola Migrate not in Play Store, you can try this app.
Why Does Coolmuster Mobile Transfer come first on the list?
How do I transfer text messages from my old Motorola to my new Motorola in one click?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer. Next, enter the Mobile Transfer module on the interface.
2. Connect your Motorola phones to the computer using two working USB cables and ensure to enable USB debugging on each phone.
Note that the sending Motorola phone must be in the Source position. If not, tap the Flip button to switch them. Once connected, it will display Connected under the device images.
3. Check Text Messages and other file types you want to transfer and hit the Start Copy button below to start the migration.
Motorola Migrate is a handy app that allows you to transfer SMS from Motorola to Motorola. However, Motorola Migrate is not in Play Store, and you cannot install it anymore. Besides, it only works with Android 2.2 to Android 5.1 and may not work with modern Motorola models.
To transfer SMS from Motorola to Motorola:
1. Install Motorola Migrate on both of your Motorola phones. Then, run the app on your new Motorola phone and mark the old device as Source. After that, tap Start to continue.
2. Launch the app on your old Motorola phone and hit Start. Ensure that both devices are connected to a reliable internet network.
3. On your old Motorola phone, select the data types you want to transfer and scan the QR code on the new Motorola phone to start the transfer.
4. Wait until the whole process is complete.
Note: Apart from text messages, Motorola Migrate also moves contacts, call history, music, photos, and videos from the old Motorola device.
You may like:
Bluetooth is another choice to try to transfer SMS from Motorola to Motorola wirelessly. But you may transfer only one message each time from one Motorola to another using Bluetooth.
1. Enable Bluetooth on both Motorola phones. You can do it from the drop-down screen or the Settings app.
2. Once you turn on Bluetooth, one device will look for the available Bluetooth devices nearby. Select the other device's name under Settings > Bluetooth > Available devices and follow the on-screen prompts to pair them.
3. After pairing, you can start to transfer SMS to the new device. Launch the Message app on your old Motorola phone, open a conversation, and press and hold the message you want to transfer.
4. Choose More > Share > Bluetooth > tap your new Motorola phone and receive the SMS on your new Motorola phone. Then, repeat the process until you finish sharing all wanted messages to your new device.
You can freely choose Coolmuster Mobile Transfer or any other way you want to transfer SMS from Motorola to Motorola. Nevertheless, since Motorola Migrate is not in Play Store anymore and Bluetooth only sends SMS one by one, the best method is undoubtedly Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. It supports one-click migration and works with almost all Motorola devices.