The recent release of Mi 10 has inspired many users to change an Android 5G smartphone and abandon the old one. With a lower price and higher configuration than other Android brands, Xiaomi phones have earned hundreds of millions of die-hard users. However, instead of throwing away the old phone, switching to a new phone means much more. For instance, you need to consider how to deal with some important data on the old device, like contacts, messages, media files, documents, etc.
In this article, we will show you 4 proven ways to conduct Mi backup and restore.
Way 1. How to Conduct Mi Backup and Restore via Coolmuster Android Backup Manager
Way 2. How to Conduct Mi Backup and Restore via Coolmuster Android Assistant
Way 3. How to Conduct Mi Backup and Restore via Local Backup
Way 4. How to Conduct Mi Backup and Restore via Mi Cloud
Coolmuster Android Backup Manager is a professional Mi backup and restore app, which I highly recommend you to use. It can back up and restore overall Android data on computer with one click and without a Mi backup account, including contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents and apps. Besides, you can select USB or Wi-Fi connection. What's more, its greatest advantage is that after fast transfer, all transferred data can keep original data format and quality.
Well, Coolmuster Android Backup Manager is widely compatible with all Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0 and above, including Samsung, Sony, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, ZTE, Motorola, Google, etc. For Xiaomi devices, it supports almost all types, like Mi 10 Lite/Mi 10/10 Pro/MIX Alpha/Note 10 Lite/Note 10/9 Lite/9T Pro/9T/A3/MIX 3 5G/MIX 3/9 SE/9/8 Pro/8/8 Lite/Max 3/A2/A2 Lite/MIX 2S, Redmi Note 8T/8A/8/Note 8/Note 8 Pro/7A/7/Note 7/Note 6 Pro/6/6A/Go/S2, POCOPHONE F1, etc.
Let's see how to realize Mi backup in one click.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Backup Manager on your computer, and enter in Android Backup & Restore module from the toolbox.
2. Connect Xiaomi device to computer via a USB cable, then enable USB debugging and grant permission on your Xiaomi device as prompted. Once your device is recognized by the program, you will see the main interface as below.
3. Click Back Up option from the main interface, check wanted data from the table, find a location on your computer to store data and click Back Up below to perform Xiaomi backup to PC.
After you have finished Mi data backup, let's see how to restore Xiaomi backup from PC to device.
1. Use the same way to connect another device to PC via a USB cable, and enable USB debugging and grant permission on your device.
2. After successful connection, select Restore button in the main interface of this program, tick the target device you will restore to, check the files you want to restore from PC at the right side, and hit Restore button below to restore chosen Mi backup files from PC to your phone.
Coolmuster Android Assistant is another recommended Mi backup and restore tool for you. With it, you can back up and restore overall Xiaomi device data on PC with one click. Besides, it can also transfer contacts, SMS, call logs, music, videos, photos and more between PC and phone. What's more, you can also manage Android device on computer using it as well, such as add, delete and edit contacts, send and reply text messages, install and uninstall apps, import, export and delete call logs, export contacts to Outlook and import contacts from Outlook.
Likewise, Coolmuster Android Assistant also works well with all Android devices running Android 4.0 and later, and supports almost all types of Xiaomi devices.
Let's see how to do Xiaomi backup with it.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on your computer, and enter in Android Assistant module from the toolbox.
2. Connect Xiaomi device to computer via a USB cable, then enable USB debugging and grant permission on Xiaomi device as prompted. After the program recognizes your device, you will see the main interface as below.
3. Click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Backup > Select your Xiaomi device from the drop-down list, check wanted files from the table and decide a location on your computer to store data > Press Back Up below to do Xiaomi backup to PC.
1. Use the same way to connect your target device to computer.
2. After the computer recognizes your device, click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Restore > Select target device from the drop-down list and tick wanted Mi backup files > Hit Restore below to restore Mi data backup from computer to device.
Many Xiaomi devices have Local backup feature, thus, you can perform Mi backup and restore using this convenient way. Let's see how to conduct Mi backup and restore via local backup feature.
1. On your Xiaomi device, go to Settings.
2. Click Additional Settings > Backup & reset > Local backups > Tap Backup to do Mi data backup.
After you finish Mi backup, you can restore Mi data backup anytime.
1. On your phone, go to Settings > Additional settings > Backup & reset.
2. Press Local backups > Select backup files you want to restore > Tap Restore to restore Mi data backup.
Mi Cloud is a built-in cloud service on most Xiaomi devices, which also ensures you to do Mi backup and restore. However, it only offers 5GB free storage for you to use, and you will have to pay for more storage space on your Mi Cloud backup account if you have more than 5GB files to back up.
1. On your Xiaomi device, go to Settings > Accounts > Mi Account and sign in with Mi backup account.
2. Press Back up device > Turn on Mi Cloud backup to let it automatically conduct Mi backup.
After Mi cloud backup, you can restore Mi cloud backup anytime you want. Let's see how to restore from Mi Cloud.
1. On your Xiaomi device, go to Settings > Mi Account and log into it with the same account.
2. Select Mi Cloud > Restore from backup > Choose the backup file you want to restore.
3. Click Restore using this backup to restore Mi cloud backup to new device.
This is how to restore data from Mi Cloud. If you want to know how to perform Xiaomi backup to PC, you can click here to learn more.
After reading this article, you probably have mastered at least one method to perform Mi backup and restore. Compared with other complex ways of Mi backup and restore which may need Mi backup account or cannot back up all files, Coolmuster Android Backup Manager and Coolmuster Android Assistant are the best to conduct Mi backup and restore, for they can back up all Xiaomi data in one click and restore Mi backup with the original file format and quality. Besides, they are also easy to operate, fast, read-only and highly secure. I highly recommend you to have a try.
If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.