"Someone else having trouble sharing from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop? When sharing from Mac to iPhone, I have no trouble at all. B.T.W., I have iPhone 13 and MacBook Pro 2019."
- Malin Catharina on Apple Support Community
AirDrop is a useful built-in feature on Apple devices to wirelessly send files across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Whenever you want to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac or Mac to iPhone, you can easily make it with the following three methods. Let's check how to AirDrop to iMac from iPhone or vice versa.
Part 1. What Is AirDrop?
Part 2. How to AirDrop an iPhone to a MacBook?
Part 3. How to AirDrop from a Mac to an iPhone?
Part 4. Problems You May Encounter When Using AirDrop
Part 5. Use an AirDrop Alternative to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac
Extra FAQs on Airdropping from iPhone to Mac
AirDrop is Apple's way of transferring data between iOS devices. It is safe and easy to use, and the whole process is encrypted. It supports photos, videos, websites, documents, map locations, and other data from a nearby iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac running iOS 7 or macOS X Lion or higher.
It is simple to transfer files between iPhone and Mac with AirDrop. Since AirDrop uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to establish a connection between your iPhone and Mac, the migration will automatically start once you enable AirDrop on both devices and successfully make a connection.
The following steps display how to use AirDrop from iPhone to Mac. Refer to these instructions if you wish to wirelessly AirDrop from iPhone to Mac.
1. Toggle on AirDrop on your iPhone and Mac.
2. Wait until your Mac's name appears on iPhone's AirDrop list.
3. How to AirDrop videos from iPhone to Mac.
See also: If you want to export your messages from your iPhone to PDF, open this guide to learn simple tricks.
Check the guidance below if you wish to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone.
To AirDrop from Mac to iPhone:
1. Turn on AirDrop, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth on both devices.
2. Open Finder > Go > AirDrop > drag and drop the desired photos from your Mac to the iPhone's image > hit Send. Or, open the Photos app on your Mac > pick the items you wish to send > tap Share > AirDrop > select the recipient > hit Done.
3. Receive the photos on your iPhone.
Guess you like: You can also back up your iPhone to a flash drive with ease. Let's check it out.
According to user's feedback, you may meet the following problems when you AirDrop from iPhone to Mac:
Perhaps you like: Is it easy to copy music from a computer to iPhone 11? Certainly, you can follow this guide if needed.
AirDrop is convenient when sharing between iPhone and Mac, but the files you can send are limited. Since AirDrop exclusively supports sending one type of data each time, including videos, photos, locations, documents, and websites, a better file-sharing app is needed if you wish to move more files.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is a powerful file transfer app that works for transferring data between Mac and iPhone via a USB cable. Compared with AirDrop, it consumes no network, and the operation is easy - without Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirDrop enabled.
The highlights of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
How to share from iPhone to MacBook via a USB cable?
1. Install and open the appropriate version of Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your Mac.
2. Connect your iPhone to the Mac using an original USB cable and click Trust on your iPhone when asked. Once the program detects your iPhone, it will display the iPhone's information on the home interface.
3. Select one data type on the left panel and preview all the items. Later, tick off the desired items and hit the Export button on the top to transfer them from your iPhone to the Mac.
1. Can I AirDrop 1,000 Photos or the Whole Camera Roll from iPhone to Mac?
Theoretically, yes. But the success rate of sharing photos from iPhone to Mac over AirDrop depends on the file size. The process may take more than 20 minutes, and you should not use your iPhone and Mac during the transfer.
How to AirDrop the entire Camera Roll from your iPhone to your Mac?
Tips: How can you import your photos from an iPhone to a PC breezily? Get helpful information from this guide.
2. Why Is My Mac Not Showing Up on AirDrop?
3. Why Is AirDrop Not Working on My Mac?
4. Troubleshooting when AirDrop Is Not Working
What if AirDrop is not working suddenly? Review the following solutions to troubleshoot the issue quickly.
You can also check this guide to fix AirDrop not working on the iPhone issue.
After browsing the above content, you may understand how to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac or vice versa. Actually, AirDrop is a reliable and safe way to transfer files between iPhone and Mac. However, if it doesn't work nor send certain file types, the alternative app Coolmuster iOS Assistant is a wise choice. You can migrate multiple files simultaneously at a fast speed.
Thus, don't forget to download it and have a try.