How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac with Ease in 2020? (5 Smart Ways)
Contacts are one of the most valuable information on iPhone, and the last thing you want to see is accidentally losing contacts from iPhone. Thus, you are considering transferring contacts from iPhone to Mac for backup. But how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac effectively? This article offers a detailed guidance and you will find that it's a breeze to get contacts from iPhone to Mac after reading.
Part 1. How to Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud
1.1 How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
1.2 How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Mac with iTunes/Finder
1.3 How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac Using AirDrop
1.4 How to Add Contacts from iPhone to Mac with Gmail
Part 2. How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
Bonus: Some Extra Tips You May Want to Know
iCloud only provides every user with 5GB free storage and needs everyone to submit private information, like names, credit card information, likes, dislikes, passwords, friends, families, etc. As a result, many people may prefer other ways to iCloud when syncing data between iDevices. Below are 4 effective ways on how to import contacts from iPhone to Mac without iCloud. You can read the following information and pick up one way you like.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac is a professional iOS manager for you to transfer, manage, back up and restore iPhone, iPad or iPod data on computer. For example, you can sync messages, contacts, photos, videos, music, notes, calendars, bookmarks, eBooks, etc. from iPhone, iPad and iPod to Mac in one click. Besides, you can also import iPhone backups from Mac to iDevices, uninstall iOS apps on Mac directly, and use iTunes backup and restore tool to manage, back up, restore and delete iTunes backup files on Mac as well.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac is widely compatible with all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod, such as iPhone SE (2nd generation)/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/SE/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc. If you are searching for a quick, safe and easy way to get contacts from iPhone to Mac, I highly recommend you to have a try.
Let's see how to share contacts between iPhone and Mac using Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac.
How to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your Mac.
2. Connect your iPhone to Mac via a USB cable as prompted.
3. Select Contacts, tick wanted contacts and hit Export option on the top to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac.
Well, how to sync contacts from Mac to iPhone? You can check here if you are interested.
You can manually sync contacts from iPhone to Mac via iTunes or Finder if you have not enabled iCloud syncing for contacts on iPhone. But iTunes runs very slowly and it may prompt you to update every time you run iTunes.
How to update contacts on Mac?
1. Run iTunes on your Mac and connect iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
2. Click your iPhone icon at the top left corner > Info.
3. Tick Sync Contacts > Apply. After finishing syncing, you will find all iPhone contacts merged in Contacts app on your Mac and iPhone.
Notes: if you do not mean to cover all existing contacts on iPhone, do not agree to replace contacts on this iPhone by checking the option under Advanced.
AirDrop, a pre-installed application on iDevices, allows you to transfer photos, videos, contacts, notes and more files between iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac one by one. If you move multiple contacts from iPhone to Mac, you will have to repeat the operations again and again. Thus, AirDrop is better to transfer just several light files.
How to sync my contacts to my MacBook?
Before you start, make sure that both devices can work well with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirDrop. Note that AirDrop can only work on iOS 7 and above, and macOS X 10.7 and later versions.
1. Place your iPhone and Mac near.
2. Enable AirDrop on both iPhone and Mac. Open the drop-down screen on your iPhone, select Control Center, enable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirDrop.
Then go to Finder on Mac > Go > AirDrop > Click Contacts Only or Everyone in the AirDrop window.
3. Get contacts from iPhone to Mac. On your iPhone, launch Phone app > Tap Contacts > Select the contacts you want to transfer > Hit Share Contact > AirDrop > Your Mac's name > Click Accept on Mac. Then it will start to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac.
As Gmail is available on iPhone, Mac, iPad, iPod and other phones and computers, another way to export contacts from iPhone to Mac is using Gmail. Well, to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac, you need to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail and download contacts from Gmail to your Mac. The steps are a bit complex.
How to sync contacts to Mac from iPhone?
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Google.
2. Sign into Google with a valid Gmail account, click Next and Save. Then enable Contacts and tap Save. After the last synced time updates, you will transfer iPhone contacts to Gmail successfully.
3. On your Mac, visit Google Contacts website page and log in with the same Gmail account that you use to back up contacts on iPhone. Select the desired contacts from the list > Tap the gear icon at the lower left corner > Export > Selected contacts > Export as [the format] > Export.
Finally, let's see how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac with iCloud. As mentioned above, many people do not want to use iCloud, since iCloud only provides 5GB free storage for every user and requires to access your privacy. However, if you still prefer to use iCloud, you can follow the steps below to export contacts from iPhone to Mac.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac Address Book?
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Your Apple ID > iCloud > Enable Contacts > Merge.
2. On Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud and make sure that you have logged into your Apple ID.
3. Check Contacts and wait until contacts are synced from iPhone to Mac.
Sometimes, you may have trouble syncing contacts from iPhone to Mac with iCloud, if iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud happens, you can follow these tips to solve this problem:
- Make sure that there are enough storage space on iCloud.
- Make sure that the connecting Wi-Fi or cellular data is stable, or it will affect the contact syncing.
- Check if the Apple ID you are logging into is the correct one, for someone may have more than one Apple IDs.
- Wait if you have bulky contacts to be synced.
- Turn off iCloud Contacts and then on again on both iPhone and Mac. Try again to see whether the problem exists.
- Sign out the iCloud account and then sign in again.
If the problem is fixed successfully, you can tidy up your contacts to make them organized on all devices: Open Contacts on Mac > Select iCloud contacts from the left sidebar > Choose to tidy up, delete or add new contacts, you can also check for the duplicate contacts by tapping Card > Look for Duplicates.
The Bottom Line
Transferring contacts from iPhone to Mac is easy as long as you select the right way. This article tells you 5 effective solutions about how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac totally, and I will highly recommend you to try Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac, since it is fast, easy to operate and highly secure. In addition, it allows you to preview and selectively transfer desired contacts from iPhone to Mac. While other methods cannot selectively transfer iPhone contacts to Mac, nor enable you to preview before transfer.
Well, if you encounter any problem during use these methods, feel free to leave a comment below.