The iPhone may be the most valuable item for you by storing important information like contacts, to-do lists, appointments, and cherished memories in videos and photos. While the iPhone is the most sophisticated and smoothest smartphone, it also has an Achilles heel that can put your precious information at risk. Although Apple provides iCloud for backup, many people may prefer to back up the iPhone to Google Drive.
This post provides a detailed tutorial on how to back up and restore iPhone with Google Drive. Refer to the following content if you are interested in it and follow suit.
Part 1. Why Do You Back Up iPhone to Google Drive instead of iCloud?
Part 2. How to Back Up iPhone Using Google Drive
Part 3. How to Restore iPhone Backup from Google Drive
Part 4. How to Back Up and Restore Everything on iPhone Easily?
iCloud is a reliable and safe tool to back up your iPhone data. But some much prefer Google Drive to iCloud, and the possible reasons may lie in:
However, Google Drive only backs up contacts, photos, videos, calendars, and files from your iPhone, and it is no better than iCloud in terms of the supported data types.
Read more: Does your iPhone get stuck in transferring data? You can fix it with these 14 tricks.
The following steps show you how to back up your iPhone to Google Drive. Note that you won't use other apps during backup, nor will the backup be continued in the background. If interrupted, it will continue from where it stops.
Once you make an iPhone backup to Google Drive, you can restore the iPhone from Google Drive whenever you want.
Here's how to download backup from Google Drive to iPhone.
That's how to restore from Google Drive on iPhone.
Learn more: Want to unlock your iPhone XR without a passcode? You can follow this guide.
Since you know how to back up and restore iPhone using Google Drive, you may think it troublesome and unfriendly for users. If you are looking for a way that is easy to use and widely compatible with all the iPhone files, take a minute to review Coolmuster iOS Assistant. It supports contacts, messages, videos, photos, music, and other data on your iPhone. Moreover, you can select to back up your iPhone to the iTunes default backup location or computer.
Key features of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
How to back up an iPhone to a computer in one click?
Note: Please ensure that your iPhone can be detected by iTunes or Music, or the program will fail to recognize it.
1. Install and run Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
2. Plug your iPhone into the computer using a USB cable and trust the computer on your iPhone as prompted. When your iPhone is recognized, it will display the following interface.
3. Tap the Super Toolkit section on the top > click the iTunes Backup & Restore tab > Choose the Backup option.
4. Pick your iPhone from the list > define a location to save the backup file > hit OK to start the backup process.
How to restore the computer backups to another iPhone?
1. After launching the program on your computer, connect your target iPhone to the computer.
2. Once the computer detects your iPhone, tap the Super Toolkit section > iTunes Backup & Restore > Restore.
3. Select the target device from the drop-down list > choose the backup file you want to restore > tap OK.
You may like:
This article shows you two ways to back up and restore an iPhone. You can back up your iPhone to Google Drive and restore Google Drive backup to iPhone directly, which only supports calendars, contacts, photos, videos, and documents.
Besides, we also offer you a Google Drive alternative to back up and restore the iPhone data. Compared with Google Drive, Coolmuster iOS Assistant is much more user-friendly and compatible. You can pick the way according to your need.