How to Backup iPad to Computer? [Can't Miss]
It's important to back up your iPad regularly in case of data loss or losing your device. Are you wondering how to backup iPad to computer? Many Apple users will backup their files to computer via iTunes. And some will use iCloud to backup their iPad data as it's convenient and won't take up the storage space of the device. In this post, we not only show you the details of how to back up iPad to PC via iTunes or iCloud but also will introduce you a reliable software to help you solve the problem in a much simpler way. You can backup your iPad to computer with or without iTunes easily.
Part 1: How to Backup iPad to Computer without iTunes
1.1 How to Backup iPad to Computer with Coolmuster iOS Assistant (Recommended)
1.2 How to Back Up iPad to Computer using iCloud
Part 2: How to backup iPad to PC with iTunes
Want to know how to backup iPad to computer without iTunes? Try a Coolmuster iOS Assistant, a reliable and professional third-party tool for you to manage your iOS data easily. It enables you to backup iPad to computer with just 1 click, you can also restore the backup files to your device again using this software. Coolmuster iOS Assistant offers comprehensive features to manage your iOS data compared to iTunes and it is very easy to use.
Key features of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Backup iPad files including contacts, text messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, music, videos, photos, books and apps to computer with 1 click.
* The ability to create multiple iTunes backup files for your iPad without overwriting the previous iTunes backups.
* Transfer files such as contacts, calendars, bookmarks, books and iTunes backup files from computer to iPad.
* Allow you to view, add, edit, delete, manage iPad files without any hassle or even delete iTunes files on PC as you want.
* Fully compatible with all models of iOS devices. For example: iPad Pro/mini/New iPad/iPad 4/3//1 & iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XS/ XR/XS Max/X/8/ Plus/7 Plus/7/SE/6s Plus/ 6s/6/Plus/5s/5C/5/4s.
You can download the free trial version of Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your PC or Mac to have a try:
Guide on how to backup iPad to PC with iOS Assistant:
- Step 1: Download the software on your PC and connect your iPad to PC via a USB cable. Tap the "Trust" option on your iPad to continue, then follow the steps shown on the screen to get your iPad detected by the software. You will see the main interface as below once your device is recognized by the software:
- Step 2: Go to the "Super Toolkit" section and click "iTunes Backup & Restore", then select your iPad from the drop-down menu. Choose the location on your computer to save the backup files. Here you can choose to store your backup files to the default iTunes backup location or click "Browse" customize the location.
In this way, your iPad files are backed up to computer without iTunes easily. If you want to transfer them to your device again, just simply use the "Restore" feature provided by Coolmuster iOS Assistant.
Note: If you want to backup some specific files from iPad to computer, you can go to the file types you want and select the files, then click "Export".
You may also like:
iCloud makes the backup progress easy and convenient, and what is good is that it won't take up the storage space on your devices. However, it only offers 5 GB of free space for you to backup your iOS devices. Soon it will run out of space and you may need to purchase for more storage space or have to delete some data.
Download iCloud for Windows on your PC and follow the steps below to backup iPad to PC:
- Step 1: Open the "Settings" app on your iPad and tap your name, select "iCloud" and then enable "iCloud Backup".
- Step 2: On your PC, go to "Start" and then open iCloud for Windows, sign in to it with your Apple ID.
- Step 3: Select the file type that you want to backup, and then click "Apply".
By doing this, your iPad files will be backed up to iCloud, you can open File Explorer and go to "iCloud Photos" to view the backup photos from iPad, or click "iCloud Drive" to access the documents from iPad.
iTunes is a default option when it comes to backing up iPad to computer, but it's not easy to manage your backup files with it and it's difficult to find your iTunes backup files. Anyway, to use this method, please ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
- Step 1: Connect your iPad to your computer with a suitable USB cable. You may need to unlock your iPad and hit "Trust" when a prompt asking you to "Trust this computer".
- Step 2: Open iTunes on your PC, your iPad will be detected in a minute, click the device icon on the top-left of the main interface.
- Step 3: Click "Summary" on the right and go to the Backups section, select "This computer" and then click "Back Up Now" to start.
- Step 4: To keep your data secure, you can encrypt your backup files by selecting "Encrypt [device] backup".
Now your iPad files will be transferred to PC using iTunes, if you want to restore these backups to your iPad again, just click the "Restore Backup" button under the "Backups" section.
Tips: For Windows 7, 8, or 10, you can go to \Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ to find your iTunes backups.
We have listed the detailed steps on how to backup iPad to computer in this post with or without iTunes. You can follow the guides above to start to back up your iPad. Among these three ways, we strongly suggest you download Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your PC and give it a go. It is your best solution to any problems related to managing iOS data, including how to backup your iOS device. It's compatible with all generations of iOS devices and supports a variety of data. If you have any problems while using it, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.