How to Back Up iPhone iPad before Upgrading to iOS 14? (4 Proven Ways)
iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta are available now, do you want to install it on your device to check out the new features? Before you take any action, it is very important to make a full backup for your device as the upgrading process may result in data loss. This post will show you how to back up iPhone/iPad before upgrading to iOS 14 in 4 ways. You can follow the step-by-step guidance to back up iPhone before upgrade.
Way 1. How to Back Up iPhone iPad before Upgrading to iOS 14 via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
1.1 Selectively Back Up iPhone or iPad before Upgrading
1.2 Back Up iPhone or iPad with 1 Click before Upgrading
Way 2. How to Back Up iPhone iPad before Upgrading to iOS 14 via iCloud
Way 3. How to Back Up iPhone iPad before Upgrading to iOS 14 via iTunes
Way 4. How to Back Up iPhone before Upgrading to New Phone via Coolmuster Mobile Transfer
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is a professional iDevice manager which can transfer, manage, back up and restore iOS data on computer. To be specific, it enables you to export all files from iPhone/iPad/iPod to computer or iTunes in one click and import contacts, bookmarks, calendars, eBooks, iTunes backups and more files from computer to iPhone/iPad/iPod easily. And it supports various files, like contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, notes, bookmarks, eBooks, calendars, user apps, etc.
What's more, Coolmuster iOS Assistant is easy to use, highly secure to iDevice data and fast to transfer. It is indeed ideal for you to back up iPhone before upgrade. Well, Coolmuster iOS Assistant works well with all generations of iPhone, iPad, iPod, such as iPhone SE 2020/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4S/4, etc.
Below are the guides on how to back up iPhone iPad before upgrading to iOS 14 via Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
Notes: Please make sure your iDevice can be detected by iTunes or Music, or the program will fail to detect your device.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
2. Connect iPhone to computer via a USB cord, and tap Trust when a window pops up on iPhone which asks you whether to trust this computer or not. Then hit Continue on this program to go on. After the computer recognizes your iPhone, you will see iPhone's main information on this program.
3. Click the required file type from the left sidebar, all the corresponding files will be displayed on the right. You can choose the files you want to back up and then click the Export button on the top to save them to your PC for a backup.
4. To restore your backup, you can go to the file type you want, click the Import button and then select the backup files on PC to restore them to your iPhone or iPad.
1. Click Super Toolkit on the top menu > Choose iTunes Backup & Restore > Backup.
2. Select your iPhone from the drop-down list > Choose a location on your computer to save the backup files > Tap OK to start backing up iPhone data.
Tips: How do I know if my iPhone backup was successful? You can preview the backup files on your computer to see whether the chosen files on iPhone was backed up or not.
3. If you need to restore the backup after upgrading, just simply connect your device to computer, open the software and navigate to Super Toolkit > iTunes Backup & Restore > Restore. Select the backup record you need to restore and then click OK.
Another way to back up iPhone before upgrading to iOS 14 is using iCloud, which offers 5GB free storage for all iPhone/iPad users. With stable Wi-Fi network connection, you can back up iPhone data to iCloud automatically. However, before you back up, note that iCloud cannot back up all iPhone data, but just camera rolls, accounts, documents and settings. Besides, you cannot preview all backups and selectively back up or restore data to your iPhone.
How to back up iPhone before upgrading?
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Navigate to iPhone Settings > Click your Apple ID > iCloud > Tap iCloud backup.
3. Turn on iCloud Backup and hit Back Up Now.
You can also back up iPhone before upgrade by using iTunes. However, it won't back up all iPhone data. Besides, you cannot selectively back up files, and if you back up iPhone to another iPhone, the backup file will erase the existing data on target iPhone.
How to back up iPhone before upgrading?
1. Launch the latest iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it via a USB cable.
2. Select Trust when a pop-up window occurs on your iPhone which asks you to trust this computer.
3. Click iPhone icon on the top right corner, choose Summary in the left window, select This computer under Backups and tap Back Up Now in the right window to begin iPhone backup.
Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is a phone to phone transfer app, which supports all phones with Android or iOS operating system. I highly recommend this to you since you can directly back up iPhone to another iDevice before upgrade. And you can also use it to sync data from the old device to a device that just installed iOS 14.
With this tool, you can transfer contacts, calendars, bookmarks eBooks (PDFs & ePubs) and notes (not supported in iOS 11 or later) from iOS to iOS. Besides, it also supports iOS to Android, Android to iOS, and Android to Android transfer.
This program works well with all generations of iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Sony, LG, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Google and many other Android devices running Android 2.1 and above versions, like iPhone SE 2020/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola, LG, Sony, HTC, Huawei, etc.
How to back up iPhone before upgrading to new phone?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Mobile Transfer.
2. Connect your iPhone and another device to computer via suitable USB cables. Then tap Trust on iOS devices to make it recognizable by this program (or enable USB debugging and grant permission on your phone if the other device is an Android device). Note that iPhone is in the source phone's position, if not, click Flip on this program to make a change. After successful connection, you will see Connected in each phone's position on this program.
3. Back up iPhone before upgrading. Check the contents you want to transfer from the table and hit Start Copy below to back up iPhone to another device.
Tips: How do I know if my iPhone backup was successful? You can go to the file location path on another device to check whether iPhone backup was there, and different file types may be in different file location paths.
Words in the End
To avoid any data loss, you need to back up iPhone before upgrading to iOS 14. This article provides you with four easy ways, from which you can select any way to back up your iPhone data. Here I still highly recommend you to try Coolmuster iOS Assistant, which allows you to back up iPhone data selectively or all in one click. You can use this tool to create multiple backups without overwriting the previous data.
If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.