Quick Fix: How to Restore Backup to New iPhone
iPhone is updated twice a year and every time when the new model is released, all the older models will be on a discount. Maybe you want to take advantage of this special time to buy an iPhone at a cheaper price or maybe you just rush to purchase the newest iPhone the moment it is released.
So after getting a new iPhone, you probably now need to save files from your old device to the new iPhone. So why not simply restore backup to new iPhone?
User Guide: How to Restore Backup to New iPhone
Speaking of how to restore backup to new iPhone, it can be analyzed in different situations, i.e. when you have an iTunes backup, an iCloud backup or a backup on the computer.
Situation 1: Restore Backup to New iPhone (iTunes Backup)
To wholly or selectively restore iTunes backup to new iPhone, this Coolmuster iOS Data Recovery (Windows/Mac) software surely can't be missed, which allows you to easily restore backup to new iPhone from iTunes backup within simple clicks. And this software is fully compatible with all files saved on iPhone such as contacts, messages, videos, photos, movies, apps and many more. And carious generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod devices can be all supported by this software.
Best of all, this software boasts of simple user interface. Now, just follow the below guide to easily restore backup to new iPhone without any hassle;
1. Open the installed software on the computer and then get your new iPhone connected to the computer via the USB cord. Then it will automatically all related iTunes backups and display them on the main interface.
2. Now, choose the right iTunes backup of your iPhone and hit the StartScan option to continue the process.
3. Then enter the right file folder to preview more detailed file information. While previewing, select the wanted files by ticking them out and then hit the Recover option to restore these backup files to the computer.
Finally, you are free to transfer these files from the computer to your new iPhone while maintaining them as a backup in case of sudden data losses due to various reasons.
Situation 2: Restore Backup to New iPhone (iCloud Backup)
Make sure you have backed up files from your old device to iCloud as a backup before. Now, to restore iCloud backup to new iPhone, follow the below instructions:
- Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to get to this screen.
- In this step, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup option to continue the process.
- Now enter your iCloud with the right Apple ID and password.
- After that, the new iPhone will begin restoring all data. And it might cost some time if the the backup files are of a large size.
Situation 3: Restore Backup to New iPhone (Backup Saved on Computer)
Already get a backup on the computer? Then you can use this iOS to Computer Transfer (Windows/Mac) software to easily sync files from the computer to your new iPhone. With this software, you can effortlessly transfer any files between iOS devices and the computer without any restrictions, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps and many more.
To that, you need to;
- Link your new iPhone to the computer and then open the installed software on the computer.
- Then all the files will be arranged on the main interface for your reference. You can now hit the Import option.
- And navigate to the files on the computer that you want to sync to the new iPhone. Then hit OK option to go on.
Now, all you need to do is wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while. By far, you have been informed of three different ways to restore backup to new iPhone. And you can now feel free to choose either way as needed!