- Cited from Apple Discussion Communities
Editing contacts on your iPhone one by one is time-consuming, especially when you have hundreds of contacts. Therefore, some people wonder how to edit iPhone contacts on a PC. Luckily, this guide shows you three simple methods to edit and manage your iPhone contacts on a larger-screen computer. For more details, continue reading the following content.
Part 1. How to Edit Contacts on iPhone on a PC via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
Part 2. How to Edit iPhone Contacts on the iPhone Directly
Part 3. How to Manage iPhone Contacts on PC via iTunes
Although the Windows PC does not offer an option to edit and manage your iPhone contacts, you can easily achieve this using the iPhone contact manager for Windows - Coolmuster iOS Assistant. Not only editing contacts, it also has many other advanced features to manage the iPhone contacts, including add new contact groups, delete contacts, import and export contacts, etc.
Key features of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Edit iPhone contacts on PC or Mac.
* Add, delete, and print iPhone contacts easily.
* Export iPhone contacts to the PC and import contacts from the computer to your iPhone.
* Transfer and manage other iPhone data on the computer, like messages, apps, calendars, photos, music, videos, bookmarks, iBooks, notes, etc.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone models (iOS 16 supported), such as iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How to manage iPhone contacts on PC directly?
Edit contacts on iPhone on PC:
1. Install Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer, launch it, and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. The program will automatically detect your device. If asked, tap the Trust option on your iPhone to trust the computer and hit the Continue button on the program to move on. Once detected, you will see the home interface below.
3. Choose Contacts from the left panel, preview all the contacts and tick the ones you wish to edit. Next, hit the Edit button on the top menu to modify the contact information, including the contact name, group, address, phone number, email address, nationality, etc.
Add new contacts or contact groups on iPhone on PC:
1. Download and open the app on your computer. Then, connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Trust the computer on your iPhone if asked. Next, hit the Continue button on the program to go on. Once connected, it will display the following interface.
3. Click Contacts from the left window. To add new contacts to the iPhone, tap the New icon on the top menu; to add a new contact group to the iPhone, click the + Groups button under the top menu. Later, follow the on-screen prompts to finish adding new contacts/contact groups.
Tip: Also wish to import contacts from PC to iPhone in one click? Check this tutorial to learn more.
You may also like:
How to Print Contacts from iPhone 14/13/12/11/XR/XS/X in 5 Tested Ways?
Best Samsung Contacts Editor: Edit Samsung Galaxy/Note Contacts on PC
Suppose you also want to know how to edit iPhone contacts directly. In that case, follow the instructions below to handle it with patience.
How do I edit my iPhone contacts directly?
1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone and choose one contact you want to edit.
2. Tap the Edit button on the upper-right corner to edit the detailed information. Tap the add field option to add new fields if necessary.
3. Click the Done button to save the changes.
This guide is on how to convert iPhone videos to MP4 files. If needed, open this link.
Can iPhone messages be backed up to Gmail? This post will tell you.
Many other contact managers for Windows also support editing iPhone contacts, such as Google Contacts, Outlook, Windows Address Book, or other iTunes-compatible apps. If you are interested, search them in Google Play Store.
Apart from editing iPhone contacts, you can do it with iTunes if you also wish to sync iPhone contacts on the PC.
How to sync contacts from iPhone to PC?
1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and open iTunes if it does not launch automatically. Next, trust the computer if you are asked to do so.
3. When the computer recognizes your iPhone, you will see the iPhone icon in the iTunes window. Tap the iPhone icon, choose Info from the left panel, and check the Sync Contacts option.
4. Tap the Sync button at the bottom to transfer iPhone contacts to PC.
Although contacts are encrypted data on your iPhone, you will find it simple to edit contacts on iPhone on a PC after reading the above content. Coolmuster iOS Assistant is the best way to do the job, which allows you to batch manage contacts and other data on a PC selectively, saving you much time and energy compared with other methods.
7 Best Android Contacts Manager Apps to Keep Your Contacts Organized
Top 10 Best iPhone Manager Software - Manage Your iPhone Data on PC or Mac
How to Export iPhone Contacts to CSV/Excel in 3 Ways
How to Permanently Delete Contacts on iPhone (Best & Genuine)
How to Connect iPhone to Windows PC in 4 Simple Ways? (Step-by-step Tutorial)