iPhone is most compatible with Apple products like Mac. Many people transfer files from iPhone to make as backup or to easily share pictures or music. Sometime songs and videos downloaded on the phone needs to be added to the Mac iTunes library. Then there are times when you need to copy files from iPhone to free space for new data. The reasons are many, but it is often that we need to transfer files from iPhone to Mac.
Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac using iTunes
If you're looking to transfer your data and media from Mac to iTunes, you would need to have a USB data cable for one. Here is the list of the steps that you would need to complete the process.
- Hook your iPhone with Mac through the USB cord and open iTunes. Now select your device.
- Click on Apps on the side menu and scroll down to File Sharing option. Now click on any file you want to transfer and select "Save to". Set the destination folder to save the files on Mac and start the transfer.
Drawbacks of using iTunes:
1. iTunes does not let you copy all files or apps. They have to be compatible with Apple to be copied to Mac.
2. Your data has a chance of getting erased if you need to sync your device.
3. You cannot copy music or videos which are not purchased from iTunes. Only a few files media files can be copied.
4. Takes time and does not always work with all OS.
5. It might be time consuming to set up the program initially while installing.
Related: How to Refresh iTunes Library
Coolmuster brings the most powerful and professional programs to transfer files from iPhone to Mac which gives you total freedom. (Here is the Windows version for PC users.)
1. Move all your files to Mac and PC without and restriction or compatibility issues. Supports the latest iOS devices.
2. Best iPhone management software to control files and apps directly from the program. Easy to take backups and share files with your friends.
3. Quick search box makes finding files easy. Smart preview option to save time and duplicate copying. Files are transferred to Mac with original quality.
Guide to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac:
If you're looking to transfer al files from your iPhone back to your Mac, you can follow this simple method:
Step 1 - Connect your iPhone using the USB cable with Mac. Launch the software and wait for it to detect your device. You will see your device with its details in a short while.
Step 2 - The content of your iPhone will be displayed under categories on the left side menu. You can click on them and check their details on the interface. Media files can be directly previewed inside the program too.
Step 3 - Make your selection by checking files you want to transfer to Mac. Then click on the Export option on top of the window. You can also copy whole folders by "File > Export ..." The transfer starts after you select the destination folder to save the files.
That's all that you need to do to transfer all that you need from Mac to iPhone and vice versa. While you would find different methods, the best way out is to try out Coolmsuter.
It is simple and it doesn't just transfer files but helps you do a whole lot more. You can backup all the data you need in a few simple steps so that you wouldn't have to worry about losing on your favorite stuff any more. Plus, as you can transfer al data from iPhone to Mac easily, no need to worry about using up your phone's space anymore.