How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac? (Top 4 Ways)
Q: Transfer music from iPhone to iMac
"I have bought a new iMac and want now to transfer all my music from my iPhone to my iMac. How?"
-- From Apple Forum
You may like to listen to music with your iPhone while you're on the go. Thus, you may downloaded or saved lots of songs on your device. So have you ever wondered of sharing your favorite songs with your friends or family? Or do you want to import your iPhone music into your PPT presentation as background music? Or do you want to transfer music from iPhone to Mac so that you can have a save backup? If so, you really need to export songs from iPhone to Mac for backup or sharing in case of unexpected data lost from iPhone.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac without iTunes (Non-purchased Songs Included)
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac Free with iTunes
Part 3. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Macbook with iCloud Photo Library
Part 4. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop
Many people say that it is hard to transfer music from iPhone to Mac, because of iTunes' limitation. For example, iTunes only allows you to transfer songs from iPhone to Mac which are purchased from the iTunes store. But actually, it can be very easy once you find a practical iPhone to Mac Music Transfer - Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac.
It empowers you to copy iPhone music to MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac effectively. With it, you can use all your music files for any purpose as you like, including purchased and non-purchased songs without iTunes or iCloud. And this program is compatible with almost all iPhone devices, including iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/SE and also iPad an iPod touch.
Tips: Here is also Windows version - Coolmuster iOS Assistant, which allows you to transfer music from iPhone to Windows PC. By the way, it can even allow you to transfer music from iPhone to USB flash drive for easier sharing. And aside from music files, but also photo albums, videos, books, apps, contacts, SMS, etc. on your iPhone can be transferred, too.
Now, let's us to see how this powerful iPhone to Mac Transfer works.
Step 1. Install and Launch iPhone to Mac Music Transfer
Below are the Mac and Windows download button of this transfer tool, with which you can get the free trial version of them. You can get one of them and install it according to its instructions. After that, you'll find a desktop application icon on your Mac screen. Double-click it to run the program on your Mac successfully.
Step 2. Transfer iPhone Music to Mac
1) Click "Music" option to open your iPhone music library folder. You can go through and see all the files in the right panel. This tool will display all your music files completely, including type, title, time, size, genres, artists, etc.
2) Select and check songs and press "Export" button to transfer music files from iPhone to Mac easily. If you want to export all music files to Mac, you can choose "Check All" option to select all at one time.
After exporting, you can open the output folder to transfer it to other device or use it in other places as you like. If you want to share music with another iPhone, you can also transfer music from iPhone to iPhone as well.
For your reference, you might check the video tutorial on how to transfer music from iPhone to Mac below:
To transfer music from iPhone to Mac computer, iTunes should be a good choice for you. As is known to all, iTunes store provides iOS device users with numerous music songs, movies and videos of the latest releases. So it is quite natural that many iPhone users will go to iTunes Store to download songs and videos to their iPhone devices as wanted. Also, you can consider exporting purchased music songs and other files to the computer by relying on iTunes.
So now let's see how to do it:
- Launch the installed iTunes on the Mac computer. (Here, you are warmly to have the latest iTunes version.)
- Get your iPhone connected to the Mac computer via the USB cord. After that, authorize your computer in iTunes and then enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Go to "File" tab on the top panel and choose "Devices" option. Then choose the "Transfer Purchases from iPhone" option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose the songs you want to transfer from iPhone to Mac. (Note: Only purchased music can be chosen for transferred via iTunes.)
You might have heard of that the iCloud Music Library enables you to sync music from iPhone to Mac. Yes. However, it works only if you have joined in the Apple Music (with cost) and turned on the iCloud Music Library. If you have, you might transfer music between iPhone and Mac wirelessly when you sign into the two devices with the same Apple ID.
Here's how to do:
1. Unlock your iPhone, go to "Settings" > "Music".
2. Find out "iCloud Music Library" option and switch it on.
3. Start iTunes on your Mac computer and click "Preferences" option.
4. Go to "General" section, tick off the "iCloud Music Library" option to turn it on.
5. Click "OK" option to apply the option.
Thus the songs on your iPhone might be wirelessly synced to your Mac after that.
Part 4. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop
If you are familiar with Airdrop, you can also think of using Airdrop to transfer music from iPhone to Mac. The operation is a little bit troublesome. If needed, you can refer to the following steps:
1. Firstly, please turn on Airdrop on both iPhone and Mac. Just make sure you have turned on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on iPhone and Mac at the same time, which will turn on Airdrop automatically.
2. Open the Music app and select the songs that you want to Airdrop from iPhone to Mac.
3. Tap "Share" button and choose the Mac of yours for sharing. If you can not find your Mac in your name, please manually enable "Allow me to be discovered by" option on your Mac.
4. After that, a window is supposed to pop up, just tap "Accept" to start transferring selected songs from iPhone to Mac immediately.
5. When the whole transferring process is completed, you might open the music file folder and play music with music player as you like.
What's More About iPhone to Mac Transfer?
So as you can see, using iPhone to Mac Music Transfer program - Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac, you can transfer music from iPhone to Mac as easy as 1-2-3, including purchased and non-purchased songs. Furthermore, this tool is not only compatible with all models of iPhone, but also support all iPad and iPod. Thus, you also can use it to backup your iPad and iPod data on Mac as well as iPhone.