iTunes is a very handy tool for iPhone users to back up iPhone, transfer data, organize and play digital media collections on computer. When you connect iPhone to computer, normally, it will automatically launch and recognize your iPhone. But what if it does not recognize your iPhone and a window pops up in front of you and reads that iTunes could not connect to this iPhone?
Well, if you encounter this frustrating problem, don't worry. The error iTunes could not connect to this iPhone commonly occurs when there is error setting, hardware or software problem. This post introduces 6 effective ways to fix the problem iTunes could not connect to this iPhone according to the possible situations you may get into.
In this part, we will introduce 6 specific solutions to the problem iTunes could not connect to this iPhone according to the problem that may occur, including an unknown error (0xe80000a), invalid response or the value is missing, etc.
If the computer pops up a window that reads iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xe80000a), it indicates that the iTunes on your computer does not recognize the connected iPhone. Well, how do you fix iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xe80000a)? Follow the steps below to fix this problem:
Before you start, check the following details first:
If you have checked all above details but iTunes still could not connect to this iPhone, you can try the steps below to fix it.
>> For Mac users:
1. Press and hold the Option key on keyboard, and select Apple > System Information or System Report > USB under Hardware.
2. Remove the third-party antivirus software from your Mac if your iPhone appears under the USB Device Tree. However, if you cannot see iPhone there, contact Apple for help.
>> For PC users:
You need to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB driver to solve the problem, here's what to do:
If you download iTunes from Microsoft Store on Windows computer:
1. Disconnect iPhone from PC > Reconnect iPhone to computer and close iTunes if it launches automatically.
2. Right-click the Start button or Windows icon at the lower left corner of the computer screen > Select Device Manager.
3. Navigate to Portable Devices and right-click your iPhone name > Tap Update driver > Search.
4. Go to Settings from the Start menu > Choose Update & Security > Windows Update and make sure there are no available updates.
5. Launch iTunes to see whether the problem is solved or not.
If you download iTunes from Apple Store on Windows PC:
1. Disconnect iPhone from computer > Reconnect iPhone to computer and close iTunes if it automatically launches.
2. Press Windows + R keys on keyboard to open the Run command window.
3. Enter the string %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers in the command window and click OK.
4. Right-click the usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf file and select Install.
5. Disconnect iPhone from PC and restart the computer > Reconnect iPhone to PC to see if the problem exists.
If you see the message iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an error occurred while reading from the device, you can follow the steps below to fix this problem.
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. On Mac, open iTunes > Go to Account and sign in with your Apple ID > Then select Authorizations under Account > Enable Authorize This Computer;
On Windows computer: Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID > Select Authorizations under Account > Tap Authorize This Computer. If you cannot find the menu bar, you can press and hold the combination of keys Control + B to unhide it.
3. Uninstall all incompatible apps from iPhone, unlock your iPhone when connecting to the computer and make sure that there is enough space on computer.
If the computer tells you that iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device, you may need to finish the following steps in order to make a successful connection.
1. Update iTunes, iPhone and computer to the latest version or OS.
2. Go to Settings on iPhone > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
3. Use a different Apple USB cable to connect iPhone to a different USB port. After that, reboot iPhone and computer, unlock iPhone and tap Trust when you see Trust This Computer enquiry on iPhone.
Sometimes, when the connection is unsuccessful, you will receive a message that reads iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because the value is missing. If so, you can repeat the following steps to boot iPhone into the DFU mode.
1. Launch iTunes on computer, power off your iPhone and connect it to computer via a USB cable.
2. Press and hold the Home + Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time on iPhone, or press and hole the Home + Power buttons at the same time on iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s and other earlier versions of iPhone.
3. After holding for 10 seconds, release the Power button(or Sleep/Wake button) and continue to hold the Home button until a messages pops up and notices you that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Then click OK and you will successfully boot iPhone into the DFU mode if the screen keeps black.
Find My iPhone is originally designed to locate the lost iOS devices, but you can also use it to unlock disabled iPhone by using the Erase iPhone feature. Meanwhile, this way is very effective to fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes problem on the condition that you have enabled Find My iPhone feature on iPhone beforehand.
1. Visit icloud.com on your computer and sign in with the Apple ID which you use on disabled iPhone.
2. Click Find iPhone option > All Devices > Select the locked iPhone > Tap Erase iPhone and confirm your choice.
If you failed to connect iPhone on Windows computer, you can fix the connection by following these steps:
1. Power off your computer and iPhone, after that, reboot both devices.
2. Open iTunes and click Help > Check for Updates and update iTunes to the latest version. Then unlock your iPhone and tap Trust on iPhone when Trust This Computer window appears.
After that, you can check the connection again. And if the problem iTunes could not connect to this iPhone exists, you can try to uninstall the Apple Mobile Device Support.
1. Click Search box on your computer and search for Control Panel (This feature usually locates at the upper right corner in Windows 9 and lower left corner in Windows 10).
2. Click Uninstall a Program > Select Apple Mobile Device Support from the list and uninstall it.
3. After that, you can connect iPhone to computer via a USB cable and it will reinstall the deleted program automatically.
As you can see from the above description, once iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, fixing the connection is very complex. Thus, if you do not want to do the complex job and prefer to connect iPhone to computer using a simple way, you can choose the alternative way below to connect iPhone to computer without iTunes.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is a professional program for iPhone, iPad and iPod to import, export, manage, back up and restore iDevice data on computer and it supports contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, notes, bookmarks, eBooks, calendars, apps etc., and USB or Wi-Fi connection. Besides, it is widely compatible with all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod, such as iPhone 14/13/12/SE (2nd generation)/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc. And the most strikingly, it is easy to use, fast and highly secure.
How to connect iPhone to computer?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
2. Connect iPhone to computer via a USB cable, unlock iPhone, tap Trust when Trust This Computer window pops up and hit Continue option on this program to move on. After this program recognizes your iPhone, you will see the main interface as below.
3. Export files from iPhone to PC. For example, contacts, click Contacts from the left panel, tick the contacts you want to transfer from the right panel and hit Export on the top menu. (If you want to import files from computer to iPhone, you can select Contacts from the left panel > Hit Import on the top menu to sync the previous contact backups from computer to iPhone).
If you encounter the problem iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, you can try the above solutions to fix the connection issue. Or, you can also choose Coolmuster iOS Assistant, the alternative program to iTunes, to connect iPhone to computer and manage files. Personally, I highly recommend you to use this easy-to-use, fast, absolutely secure and powerful app. If you meet any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.