"Hi, how do I turn a voice memo recorded on my iPhone XR into a ringtone? I have Mac Catalina, so no iTunes, it seems? Thanks."
- Tisserand from Apple Discussions
It is cool to have a customized ringtone on your iPhone. Many great thinkers produce creative and practical ideas to mix the music elements into a voice memo and make a fantastic iPhone ringtone for incoming calls and texts. It sounds great! But do you know how to make a voice memo a ringtone easily? Well, in this post, you will assimilate three painless methods to turn the iPhone voice memo into a ringtone in a few minutes.
Way 1. How to Make a Voice Memo a Ringtone on iPhone via iPhone Ringtone Maker
Way 2. How to Convert a Voice Memo to a Ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand
Way 3. How to Turn Voice Memo into Ringtone on iPhone Using iTunes
Almost all great programs run best on a computer. So, if you wish to turn any voice memo into an incredible ringtone and elaborately refine the ringtone details, you need nothing else but the iPhone Ringtone Maker. With this software, you can edit iPhone music on a computer, make ringtones from your favorite music, or even directly play iOS music on the computer.
More than a music editor and ringtone maker, it also lets you freely transfer music, photos, voice memos, and other files among iPhone, computer, and iTunes.
What does iPhone Ringtone Maker do for you?
* Make and synchronize ringtones from your favorite songs or voice memos on your iPhone.
* Edit ID3 formation, including the album cover, artist, genre, etc.
* Create the music playlist for listening according to your taste.
* Automatically convert music format to be compatible with your iOS devices.
* Massively delete unwanted songs from your iDevice on the computer.
* Open and play iOS music directly.
* Transfer music, voice memos, ringtones, videos, etc., among iOS, computer, and iTunes seamlessly.
* Support iPhone/iPad/iPod running iOS 6.0 to iOS 16, such as iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus, iPod touch 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, etc.
How to make a voice memo into a ringtone in three steps?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
After installing the iPhone Ringtone Maker on your computer, please launch it and connect your iPhone to the computer. Next, click Toolbox on the left panel and choose the Ringtone Maker option from all tools.
2. Choose the desired voice memo from your iPhone.
Tap the Add file from the device button, pick one wanted voice memo from the list, and hit the Select button to import it into this program.
3. Convert the voice memo to a ringtone.
Set the starting/ending point, adjust the volume, and save the necessary parts of the voice memo. Once done, check the Add to device option at the lower-left corner and press the Generate button to save it to your iPhone.
To make a voice memo a ringtone without a computer, you can use GarageBand. It is a line of digital audio workstations that enables you to create music or podcasts on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Your device must run iOS 11 or later versions so that you can successfully convert a voice memo to a ringtone. Also, it would be best if you recorded a voice memo using the Voice Memo app first.
If you are ready for the preparation, you can continue with the following steps.
First, how to make a voice recording a ringtone on iPhone with GarageBand?
1. Open the Voice Memo app on your iPhone, choose the recording you wish to make as a ringtone, and tap the three-dot icon. Then, select the Save to Files option and choose a storage location to save it.
2. Launch the GarageBand app on your iPhone, choose one instrument, and click the Project icon. After that, tap the Loop icon at the upper-right corner to open the audio recording. Later, tap the Files section, choose the Browse items from the File app option, and tap the audio recording you saved a moment ago.
3. Press and hold the file name of the recording to open it in the project menu, drop it in the second track, and trim the recording by tapping it and dragging the ends. You can tap the Play button above to play it back or disable the noisy metronome by touching the icon on the right side of the Record icon.
Note: The first track is the instrument note by default.
4. Ensure that the project is within 40 seconds in length. Afterward, press the downward arrow button at the upper-left corner and pick My Songs. Your project will display as My Songs under the Recents folder.
5. Press and hold My Songs, choose Share, and select Ringtone. Later, rename the ringtone and tap the Export button at the top-right corner.
6. Select Use sound as, choose one usage from the list, and tap Done.
Second, how to set a voice memo as your ringtone?
1. Go to the Settings app and tap Sound and Haptics > Ringtone.
2. Pick the newly created ringtone by yourself to set it as the iPhone ringtone.
You can also use iTunes to turn a voice memo into a ringtone. Note that the voice memo should be within 40 seconds. If it exceeds the maximum requirement, you need to cut it to be less than 40 seconds in length. Besides, you need to convert the voice memo format from .m4a into .m4r for your iPhone.
How to make an audio recording a ringtone with iTunes? Let's take a close look.
1. Record a voice memo on your iPhone. Open the Voice Memo app, tap the red Record icon to record a voice message, and tap the Record icon again when you finish recording. After that, click Done > tap Share under the More option > choose Mail and send it to yourself by email.
2. Sign in with your email account on your computer and download the voice memo.
3. Convert the voice memo into a ringtone. Select the downloaded voice memo on your computer, right-click it, and pick the Get Info option. Afterward, change the file extension from .m4a into .m4r.
4. Send the voice memo to your iPhone. Connect your iPhone to the computer and run iTunes. When the iPhone icon appears in the iTunes window, click Tones under Devices from the left window, and drag & drop the revised voice memo into the iTunes window. You will find it synced to your iPhone automatically.
5. How to use voice memo as ringtone on iPhone. Disconnect your iPhone from the PC and open the Contacts app. Next, choose one contact you want to customize the ringtone, press the Edit option, and select Ringtone. Later, choose the synced voice memo from the list and hit Done to make it a custom ringtone for the contact.
You may like:
That's all for how to make a voice memo a ringtone on iPhone. As you can see, the GarageBand and iTunes' methods are rather complex to operate. Thus, to simplify the operation process, you can choose iPhone Ringtone Maker. It is easy, fast, and user-friendly to use. Moreover, you can make elaborate modifications to the voice memo as you want. Don't you want to give it a try?