Kik, or Kik Messenger is a free to download and free to use messenger app developed by Kik alternative, a Canadian company. It is supported on a variety of platforms such as Android, iOS, and Windows Phones. Thus, it has grown in popularity as a cross-platform app. Kik also protects privacy much better than other chatting apps such as Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger, as here you don’t need to give your private information or your phone number to use this app. You can send text messages, picture, gifs, emojis and hang out in chat groups in this messaging app. Data that is stored in the phone from this messaging app is known as kik data. This includes not only text messages but also other media.
Related: Best Text Messaging Apps for iPhone
Why do you need to transfer kik data from iPhone to computer?
Here is a look at why you should transfer data and how you can do it easily, without any worries. We will take a look at the different options and choose the right one for you so that you can do what you need, without wasting your time.
1) Kik only automatically backup messages received in the last 48 hours. Even then, the maximum limit of messages is 1000.
2) In chats older than 48 hours, 500 messages are only available.
3) Older chats that are not stored may contain something important that you want for later.
4) You might have also accidentally deleted photos and messages from your phone and might want to recover them as well.
All these reasons make it important to have a backup of your kik messages. Maybe, you want to save the photos received in the chat message as well, and so you need to ensure beforehand that they are manually saved to your computer or other similar safe places, to avoid losing them forever. These messages are easy to transfer, because they don't take up much space. The text-only messages hardly take up 1-2 KB while picture messages may use anywhere from 50-100 KB.
How to Transfer Kik Data from iPhone to Computer
As to how to sync kik data from iPhone to computer, there are many professional tools available for your inference such as this iPhone to Kik transfer software. And, actually this iPhone Data Recovery is one of the most powerful software of its kind out there, providing options for easy backup, recovery and even printing of your data.
This software offers you more than one ways to sync Kik data from iPhone to computer. Whether you have an iTunes or iCloud backup of these data, you can always transfer Kik data from iPhone to computer without any hassle. Its latest version supports iOS 10 and even iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus. It is very easy to install and requires no technical knowledge to use. However, before running this software, make sure to have iTunes 12.1.1 or above installed on your computer.
Now, follow the below steps to transfer kik data from iPhone to computer;
1) After installing this software, run the software and connect your iPhone to your computer with the help of an USB cable.
2) Now, different modes are arranged on the main interface. You can enter the right one and hit the right Kik tab to preview and select the files that you want to transfer.
3) Once you have ticked out the wanted files, hit the Recover option. And then all selected Kik data will be saved on the computer.
See? Transferring your kik data from your iPhone to your computer was never easier! So what are you waiting for? Just give it a try by yourself!
Words in The End:
To transfer Kik data from iPhone to computer, you have more than one way to go. For example, you can also rely on iTunes to do it, just connect your iPhone to computer and open iTunes. Then click iPhone icon to get the Summary panel and then Back Up Now option. Then you can back up everything from iPhone to computer, including your Kik data. But as you can see, this disenables you to preview Kik data in iTunes backup. And you cannot selectively back up or restore your Kik data.