Apple's iPhoto helps users to organize photos, edit photos, create slide shows, print photos, share photos and tag people and etc for iPhone on Mac computer. Of course you can also export photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto. However, there are some other ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto. This article will show you some other optional methods to transfer pictures to Mac from iPhone without iPhoto.
1. Best Way to Selectively Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac without iPhoto
2. Other Ways to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto
Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac provides the best alternative to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto. With it, you can transfer anything from iPhone to Mac without any restriction, including photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, calendars, notes, voice memos, apps books, bookmarks and etc.
Unlike iTunes, this transferring tool support to transfer both purchased and non-purchased items for iOS device. And it is compatible with all iPhone/iPad/iPod device, including iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/7 Plus/7/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5, iPad Pro/Air/mini, iPad with Retina display, The new iPad, iPad 2/1 and iPod touch/Shuffle/Nano/Classic.
Note: If you are a Windows users, there is a Windows version for you. Please download the free trials of the software in Mac or Windows on your computer and start to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Step 1. After downloading the program on your Mac computer, please install and launch the program on your Mac and connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable. For successfully detecting your iPhone, please make sure you have installed the latest iTunes version on your Mac.
Step 2. Then the program will automatically scan your iPhone for files. Simply click "Photos" or "Albums" tab to preview and choose desired pictures from iPhone selectively, and hit "Export" button to save them on your Mac all at once.
So easy, right? Only 2 steps are needed to manage iPhone photos as above.
You can also check the other ways to sync photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto as below.
#1. Export Photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto via Email
You can use Email to send iPhone photos to Mac, then save photos from email to Mac. It might be a little troublesome, but this is also an optional way to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto. Below are the instructions:
- Open Photos app on your iPhone, select the specific albums that contains that photos you want to transfer to Mac;
- Click "Edit" option and check the photos that you want to transmit;
- Click on the Share icon on the bottom and select "Email" option;
- Enter your email address as prompted and send the email;
- Open your Mac computer and log into your Email on Mac;
- Open the email you sent and download the photos on your Mac.
#2. How to Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto via Photos App
Without iPhoto, you can also use the Photos App on Mac to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Below are the user guide for your reference.
- Launch Photos app on your Mac;
- Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable;
- Tap "Import" option;
- Select the photos that you want to share with Mac;
- Hit "Import" to export photos to Mac from iPhone.
How to Airdrop iPhone to Computer and Airdrop from Computer to iPhone
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone?
How to Transfer HEIF(.heic) Images from iPhone to Computer/Mac?