How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone
With Apple dominating most of our hardware, we are soon to be completely ruled by iTunes-run devices. Having devices (laptop and cellphone) of diverse compatibilities is often a reason for quite a few complications and makes undemanding jobs such as file sharing a very tedious one. Only an Apple user knows the struggles to transfer files to and from a laptop of different brand.
This is one of the major reason why iPhone users tend to use Macbook. A day-to-day file transfer results, from Macbook to iPhone, primarily because users prefer carrying their personal photos in a handy device (iPhone or iPad) than have it on a Macbook which is tough to carry. Secondly, all of the daily-use apps such as Instagram and Whatsapp are used via iPhones, apart from photo editing apps such as Prisma, and iCloud Photo Library.
Related: How to Use iCloud Photo Sharing
How to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone?
It is always a worrisome thing for people when they accidentally delete important files from their apple devices. This iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer (Windows/Mac) frees people off this tension and fulfils their needs, which helps you freely share data of various kinds between your iOS devices and PC/Mac computer within just one click. Below are the major features of this software:
> Every kind of transfer is possible easily and it is compatible with all the generations of iOS devices. Transfer anything from your apps to contacts, media, call logs, data and more - essentially all stuff that you've in your old phone to your new one.
> It comes with two view modes: Selectable thumbnail and list view modes. Do you want a small icon interface that makes it easier to find a selected document or a detailed interface with every data? Your choice!
> Every file will be sorted into panels and folders which makes searching for a particular file easy.
> It is also easier to manage your files now, since you can rename and modify these folders as you like. Every detail about a data will be at your fingertips.
Optional method 1: Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone via iTunes
Alternatively, step by step method to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone is below. The process is both complex and time consuming, making the iPhone/iPad/iPod to Computer Transfer software the better choice among the two.
- First connect your iPad or iPhone to your Mac.
- Then open iTunes if it doesn't open automatically.
- You would see the iOS device icon in the top bar. Find the Photos tab on the bar and click on it.
- You would now come across the "Sync Photos" box.
- Choose iPhoto or Photos - two of the options that you would see in the "Copy photos from" drop-down menu.
- Click Sync to start the process. Do remember that the syncing process can take quite a while depending on the transfer size. If it's too huge, it can even take as much as an hour or more.
Your iOS device will copy over all the images you've selected, and you'll be all ready. iTunes has several demerits too,like slow performance, compulsory computer authorization, and restricted file formats supported.
Optional method 2: Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone via Airdrop
You can also wirelessly transfer photos and videos in bulk from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad.
- From the Finder, select the photos you'd like to transfer.
- In a new Finder window, select AirDrop from the side menu.
- Ensure that your iPhone or iPad is unlocked and awake.
- Drag your selected files to the iPhone or iPad option in AirDrop.
Depending on your Apple ID, you may need to press Accept on receiving iPhone or iPad. The disadvantage with this method is that AirDrop has too many bugs and often does not work for iOS 9.3.2. Now, you can choose the right one by weighing the advantages and disadvantages of each different ways!