Different Methods to Transfer Video from iPhone to Mac
Have you ever shot amazing video clips with your iPhone and want to transfer them to your Mac? Do you want to have more free space to download more excellent movies from iTunes on your iPhone directly? If so, you have come to the right place.
Now, we know that backup videos on Mac is a good way to free up more space on your iPhone, but what is the most effective way to reach it? Of course, you can find lots of answers for this question, but is it really useful? So today, we write this article to show you two different ways for transferring movie or video files from iPhone to Mac computer easily. You can compare them and choose one to copy videos from your own iPhone to Mac.
Method 1. Transfer Movie from iPhone to Mac Using Image Capture
Method 2. Copy Videos to Mac from iPhone 6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5
Method 3. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac via iPhoto
Method 4. Transfer Videos between iPhone and Mac via 3rd-Party App
Image Capture is a built-in function of Mac computer. You can follow the below steps to try to download movies to Mac from your iPhone easily.
- Connect your iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/5/SE to your Mac via USB Cable.
- Open the Image Capture and it'll offer up a dialog just like below picture. Here, you can choose the file which you want to transfer and you can specify the location where to save the downloaded videos. If you want to copy all movies to Mac, you can click "Download All".
- After finishing the below steps, you'll see a statue bar to show the process of the whole transferring.
What you need for transferring video from iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7/7 Plus/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5 to Mac?
- Coolmuster iPad iPhone iPod to Mac Transfer
- iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/5/SE with cable
- Mac computer
As a professional iPhone to Mac Video Transfer, Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac comes here with powerful functions and intuitive interface design. With it, you can easily transfer videos from all models of your iPhone devices to Mac computer without any quality loss. And here is also a Windows version to meet all Windows users' needs.
Now, just download the free trial version of iPhone to Mac Transfer, and then follow below steps to begin to copy videos to Mac from iPhone easily.
1) Connect iPhone to Mac and Launch the Program
Before launch the program, please be sure that you've connected your iPhone to the Mac computer with the USB cable, and then you can double-click its desktop application to launch it.
2) Transfer Videos/Movies from iPhone to Mac
- If you want to copy your favorite movies to Mac, you can click "Movies" in the left panel and choose the specific movie file in the right panel for exporting.
- For video clips on your iPhone, please go to "Camera Roll" and find the target files.
When you have found all your wanted files, you can click "Export" button to finish the last step.
You Might Also Want to Know:
With iPhoto, an built-in utility within Mac computer, you can transfer videos taken with the inbuilt camera on your iPhone to Mac without any hassle. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to use this software:
- Connect iPhone to Mac computer, then iPhoto will be automatically open.
- Click on the device icon of your iPhone, then tick out the specific videos.
- After that, hit the Import Selected option to begin the file transfer from iPhone to Mac.
Now, you will see the below pop-up window and then click on the right option as you need and want. Finally, wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while.
Also, you can rely on this Wireless Transfer App software to freely transfer videos from iPhone to Mac or from Mac to iPhone. With this application, you can transfer videos and photos between iPhone and Mac computer via Wifi. Batch downloading and uploading are supported by this software. And you can transfer photos with full resolution with this application.
But in using this app, you need to make sure that your Mac and iPhone/iPad/iPod touch are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. And the transfer speed depends on the file quantity and network condition.
Of all the four options mentioned in the above, only the second and the fourth ways allow you to freely transfer files between iPhone and Mac, but the second way only supports USB transfer, while the fourth Wifi transfer. Now, you can compare the four options and choose a way as needed and wanted!