"I've Googled only to find sketchy websites and old Apple Discussions answering the question, so hopefully a Redditor can give me a current, first-hand perspective. I restored my phone as a new phone and am missing many contacts. Is there a program I can use to extract the contacts from one of my old backup files? And SMS messages, too?"
- Excerpted from Reddit
Text messages are one of the most important data types on our iPhones. How to extract text messages from iPhone backup if you get lost some messages from the iPhone or switch to a new phone? This guide walks you through the mist and shows you detailed instructions to extract text messages from iTunes backup without data loss.
Suppose you have previously made a full backup of your iPhone with iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac. In that case, you can quickly extract text messages from iPhone backup with the help of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. Compared with other ranked tools in the market, this program allows you to preview all the backups before recovery and retrieves messages and other files from an iTunes backup file without causing data loss.
The key features of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
* Restore the deleted and existing messages from the iTunes backup file to your computer in HTML or CSV format.
* Recover the deleted contacts and messages from your iPhone directly.
* Preview all the scanned-out data and select whichever you want to extract.
* Safe, simple, and swift to use.
* Work well with all iPhone models, like iPhone 14/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini, and PC Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista.
How to extract text messages from iTunes backup in a few clicks?
1. Run Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on the computer after installation and select the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode on the left panel.
2. Select one iTunes backup file from the list after it scans the default iTunes backup location on the computer, and tap the Start Scan button to continue.
Note: If you cannot find the wanted backup file, please click the Select button below to pick the iTunes backup file from other customized folders.
3. Tick off Messages and SMS Attachments on the interface and click the Start Scan button to start scanning. After scanning, choose Messages or SMS Attachments on the left side and preview the detailed information.
After that, check the items you want to restore and hit the Recover to Computer button at the lower right corner.
Apart from the above way, there are also other reliable tools to extract messages from iPhone. Let's take a look.
This app provides both free and premium versions. The free version allows you to export messages and contacts to PDF format and save photos and videos from messages.
If you need other features, you can update the Pro version, which lets you store text messages in TXT or CSV format. Besides, it also enables you to export WhatsApp messages, notes, and photos.
You can easily save iMessage, WhatsApp, Line, and Viber messages and extracts attachments from photos, voice messages, videos, etc. Besides, it supports exporting messages to various formats like Word, PDF, TEXT, HTML, Excel, and CSV for you to read, share, or print.
Another excellent tool to view, export, and print messages and WhatsApp conversations from your iPhone is PhoneView. With this app, you can export your messages in PDF format and search text attachments quickly. What's more, it also backs up your messages even without connecting your iPhone to your Mac.
It's not difficult to extract text messages from iPhone backup with the help of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. At present, you can preview and extract SMS and other files from iTunes backup without connecting your iPhone. In the coming future, you will also retrieve data from iCloud backup without any hassle. Let's anticipate!