Part 1. Can You Recover Deleted Texts on iPhone without Backup?
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone without Computer?
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone with Computer?
Bonus Tip: How to Avoid Losing Text Messages from iPhone Again
Yes. When you delete messages from your iPhone, they are not gone forever. Instead, they are just labeled as replaceable or invisible by the system and can be overwritten by the new data generated during phone usage. Before the new files overwrite, you still have a chance to get them back.
Thus, stop using your iPhone and switch off the Wi-Fi and cellular data connection when you found losing text messages. Otherwise, you will create new data unconsciously. Then, get a reliable recovery way to retrieve the lost messages back.
All the following methods help you recover deleted text messages on iPhone 11 without a computer. Check them and get the best way to find your deleted messages back.
Suppose you have automatically backed up your iMessages to iCloud previously. In that case, you can restore the deleted iMessages from iCloud backup without a computer.
However, restoring texts from iCloud backup will erase and replace the existing iPhone data. Also, if you have set up your iPhone before, you can factory reset the current iPhone or use a new iPhone.
To retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without backup:
1. Open Settings > General > tap Reset on your current iPhone.
2. Click the Erase All Content and Settings option and enter your iPhone's passcode if asked.
3. Click Erase iPhone to start factory resetting your iPhone.
4. Set up your current iPhone as new and tap Restore from iCloud Backup on the Apps & Data screen.
5. Provide your Apple ID and password to verify your account and select a backup file containing the deleted text messages.
6. Wait for the restoring process to finish.
Read more: If your videos disappear from your iPhone, please follow this tutorial to get them back as soon as possible.
Since iCloud allows you to access and sync data across all your Apple devices, you can make use of this feature to restore deleted text messages from other Apple devices without a computer. But this method has a precondition: The deletion process happens without syncing to iCloud, or the Internet connection was disabled at that time.
How to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 11 via other Apple devices?
1. Open Settings on another iPhone and tap your name.
2. Ensure that you are signed in with the same Apple ID you used to back up messages to iCloud.
3. Click iCloud > enable the Messages option.
See also: With this guide, you can directly recover notes from iCloud.
The success rate of this way is uncertain, but some cellular carriers keep your text message and call history on their servers for a certain time. Therefore, how to recover deleted iMessages without a computer? You can try calling your service provider and find the cellular customer hotline on its official website. When making a call, please be reasonable and polite.
Assume you are sure the recent iTunes backup file includes the deleted text messages from your iPhone. You can get back the deleted messages from the relevant iTunes backup file. However, attention that the restoring process will overwrite the existing contents on your iPhone, including messages, contacts, photos, and everything. Also, please toggle off the Find My iPhone feature before continuing.
On Windows PC and macOS Mojave and lower versions:
1. Launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Tap your iPhone when it appears in the iTunes window and hit Summary on the left panel.
3. Click Restore Backup, select a backup file involving the deleted text messages, and hit Restore.
4. Tap Restore to start the process.
On macOS Catalina and higher versions:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac and run Finder.
2. Click your iPhone under Locations > Manage Backups > select the most relevant backup file.
3. Tap OK > Restore Backup.
Perhaps you need: When downloading messages from iCloud but it is stuck? Don't panic. You can repair this issue in easy ways.
Suppose you want to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone without backup. In that case, Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery will easily meet your requirements. You can selectively recover the deleted messages from your iPhone to a computer in various readable formats like HTML and CSV. Besides, you can also export the existing messages and other content from your iPhone to the computer or restore deleted messages from the iTunes backup file.
The highlights of Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery:
How to recover permanently deleted text messages on iPhone with a computer?
1. Install and run the software on your computer and click iOS Recovery to continue.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and trust the computer on your iPhone if prompted. Once connected, you will see the data selection interface.
Please choose Messages on the screen and hit Start Scan.
3. After scanning, choose Messages on the left window and preview all your messages. You can turn on the Only display the deleted item(s) on the top if necessary.
Later, select the messages you want to recover and tap the Recover to Computer button below to save them to your computer.
Nowadays, we may receive many promotional SMS every day. To avoid the inbox being occupied by the promotional SMS, we may delete them in batches. But this will accidentally delete some important messages, too. Besides, other scenarios, like factory reset, iOS system glitches, upgrade failure, virus attacks, etc., will make you lose text messages unwittingly.
To prevent data loss, you are highly recommended to back up your iPhone text messages regularly. You must check twice before deleting anything from your iPhone and install a reliable third-party antivirus app to avoid viruses/malware attacking your device data.
This article introduces three optional ways to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without a computer plus two solutions with a computer. As you can see, the former three ways have something to do with a previous backup. That is to say, you or your service provider must have a copy of your SMS history before restoring them.
If there isn't, only Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery can help you get the deleted messages backup since it can recover the deleted text messages on your iPhone directly. It also allows you to preview all the message history and selectively recover the wanted items. What a user-friendly app!