Q: Why won't my iPhone X connect to internet or app store with cellular network?
"My iPhone 11 won't connect to the internet unless Wi-Fi is on. Why? Have I missed a setting? iPhone 11, iOS 16, fail on connecting to internet via 3G/4G" -- Asked from Apple Forums
"My iPhone stops to show the E (edge) and the 4G icon on the signal bar, and it won't connect to the internet unless I connect iPhone to Wi-Fi. If anyone has some suggestions on what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance." -- Asked from Apple Forums
Sometimes iPhone might show No Service or Searching on the iOS device screen, or iPhone cannot connect to the cellular network or cellular data, which means you can only go online when connected to Wi-Fi. If you have the similar problems of mobile phone internet connection, here in this article you are luckily offered some tips to help you solve iPhone won't connect to internet issue.
Tip 1. Check iPhone Internet Connection
Sometimes it seems that your iPhone has no internet connection, however, the truth is that it is running a poor network and it is just running really slowly. You can check the signal bar on the top of the screen to see if there is other symbol on the place where the internet connection symbol usually shows.
If you can see the cellular data symbols like 3G/3G/LTE/AT&T, that means your iPhone is connected to internet but the speed is too slow. If so, you should consider if you are in a area with available cellular network coverage.
Tip 2. Check Coverage Area
If you are in a remote area without the signal coverage of network carrier, or you are in a relatively closed space, your iPhone will not be supported to connect to internet with cellular data. You need to go to an area with available network signal or a wider space if you want to connect to internet.
And if you are in an area with available cellular network coverage, you can fix the iPhone won't connect to internet issue with the instructions as below.
- Please ensure you have turned on the cellular data on your iPhone.
Simply go to Settings > Cellular to switch on the Cellular Data option. On Cellular page, you can also set up your preferred data option (4G/3G/2G).
- If you are traveling abroad, please turn on the Data Roaming option by going to Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming.
Tip 3. Reboot Your iPhone
If you cannot connect to interment, usually you can restart your iPhone to fix this problem.
- Press and hold the Power button till the "slide to power off" slider shows on the screen.
- Drag the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- After your iPhone turns off, you can press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again till the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Then your iPhone will be restarted. After that, just try again to connect to internet to check if you fix the problem or not.
Tip 4. Reset SIM Card
If your iPhone still cannot connect to internet, you might check if there is a problem on your SIM card.
- To do so, you should turn off your iPhone and then take out the SIM card to check if your SIM card is damaged, or does not fit the SIM try.
- If so, you might contact your carrier. If not, just put it back on your iPhone.
- Then you might turn on your iPhone and try again to connect to internet to see if you have fixed this issue.
Tip 5. Reset Network Settings
Try to reset your network settings to fix iPhone won't connect to internet issue. To do so, you can:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Just tap "Reset" if you are sure when you receive the message, saying "Reset Network Settings. This will delete all network settings, returning them to factory defaults."
- Reboot your iPhone and then try again to connect the internet.
This message indicates that all the networks will be erased, including the Wi-Fi networks & passcodes, cellular settings, VPN & APN settings.
Tip 6. Check for iOS Update
Sometimes iPhone cannot connect to internet because of you are running a outdated firmware. Try to update your iPhone and get the latest iOS version. To do so, you can:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If there is an available new version of iOS for your iPhone, just download and install it on your iPhone.
- Then you might try again to connect to internet if you fix the iPhone won't connect to internet issue.
The above are 6 effective tips on how to solve iPhone won't connect to internet issue. If you encounter any problems during operation, or if you have other better suggestions, please leave a message to tell us.