"My iPad Pro is stuck on a blank white screen - no Apple logo or anything. Force quit doesn't work. I can unlock the iPad, but once unlocked, it opens to a blank white screen. Is there another option if force quite isn't working?"
- Cortney from Apple Discussion
Have you experienced the iPad white screen of death problem recently? If the answer is yes, you don't need to worry about it. It is understood that many people have encountered this problem more or less. Well, why is my iPad screen white? Many reasons may contribute to iPad Pro's white screen of death: Poor circuit contact, iOS update failure, etc.
In the following part, we will show you how to cleverly repair the iPad white screen of death step by step. Check out the guide for more information.
The white screen on iPad means a frozen state of iPad that gets stuck on the white screen and cannot move on. Before repairing the iPad white screen problem, numerous iPad users may want to figure out why the iPad screen goes white. As we mentioned above, the reasons for it are diverse, such as:
The following methods are proved effective to solve the iPad white screen of death problem. If your iPad has a white screen for a long time, you can try these tips to normalize it.
The primary way to fix the issue "my iPad screen is white, and how to fix iPad mini white screen" is to reset your device hard. By simply holding the buttons, you will rapidly fix the problem.
For iPad with a Home button:
Press and hold the Home + Power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. It will then restart automatically. After rebooting, check whether the problem exists.
For iPad without a Home button:
Fast press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button. Later, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo shows up. Afterward, it will restart. Most of the time, the iPad Air white screen issue will disappear then.
Press the triple buttons together does not work all the time. But if you are now suffering from an iPad 3 white screen, it is worth a try. You can press and hold the Home + Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time and wait for a while until the iPad white screen disappears.
After that, you will see the Apple logo on the screen, and your iPad will reboot automatically.
Booting your iPad into the Recovery mode can fix the "iPad stuck on white screen" issue. However, you will also experience data loss from your iPad. If you insist on using this way, you can start with the following steps.
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer, run it, and connect your iPad to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Press and hold the Home + Sleep/Wake buttons for over ten seconds. Then, release the Sleep/Wake button, but continue holding the Home button until a message pops up on your computer that says, "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before using it with iTunes".
3. Tap the OK button and then the Restore option. Once done, iTunes will install the latest iPadOS on your iPad and overwrite all the iPad settings and contents.
4. After the restoring process, the iPad 2 white screen should disappear. Next, you can set up your iPad and access it.
You might need:
Why does an iPad keep going into the recovery mode? And how to repair this issue? Please don't miss this article.
You can use a useful iPad backup program to keep your iOS data safe. Let's get started.
You can also troubleshoot the iPad white screen of death by putting it into the DFU mode via iTunes. This trick resolves the problem by reinstalling the iPadOS version onto your iPad, which means you will lose all the iPad content and settings.
To utilize this way, you can follow the instructions below.
For iPad with a Home button:
1. Plug your iPad into the computer and launch iTunes.
2. Power off your iPad, then press and hold the Power + Home buttons for at least 10 seconds. Next, release the Power button and continue holding the Home button. When the screen turns black, your iPad has entered the DFU mode.
Note: If you see the message "Plug into iTunes," repeat the step until it goes into the DFU mode.
3. Restore the iPad on iTunes when it asks you. When all is done, your iPad will run without the iPad white screen problem.
For iPad without a Home button:
1. Open iTunes on your computer and plug your iPad into the PC.
2. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button.
3. Press and hold the Power button until you see the Power Off slider. At this moment, release the Power button and pull the slider from left to right to switch the iPad off.
4. Press and hold the Power button for several seconds. Then, press and hold the Volume Down button along with the Power button for 10 seconds.
5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button for five more seconds.
6. When the screen goes black, the iPad has been in DFU mode. If the Apple logo or Recovery mode shows up, you need to repeat the process until your iPad successfully comes into the DFU mode.
7. iTunes will let you restore your iPad. Just tap the Restore iPad button to confirm the operation.
When everything is done, your iPad will reboot like a new device without the iPad white screen of death issue.
Check if you need:
What can you do if you cannot restore your iPad? Let's get effective solutions from this article.
Want to recover your lost bookmarks from your iPad/iPhone? Here are the guide.
If all other tricks cannot successfully repair the iPad white screen of death, you can try the professional recovery software iPad System Recovery to fix the problem in minutes. Apart from fixing the white screen on the iPad, it also helps repair other iOS issues with two repairing modes: iPad no service, battery drain, frozen screen, blue/black/red screen, iPhone stuck on Apple logo/DFU/Recovery mode, etc.
The whole process is intelligent, and you only need to click the mouse.
The key features of iPad System Recovery:
* Fix the iPad white screen of death in three steps.
* Support two repairing modes: Standard (no data loss) and Advanced mode.
* Repair over 32 kinds of iTunes, screen, iDevice, and iOS mode issues.
* Easy and safe to use.
* Reliable, user-friendly, and high success rate.
* Widely compatible with all models of iPads, such as iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad (iPadOS 14 supported), including iPad mini 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad 4/3/2/1, iPad with Retina display, etc.
Follow the three-step tutorial to fix the iPad white screen of death in minutes:
1. Connect your iPad to a computer.
After installing iPad System Recovery on your computer, please open it and connect your iPad to the computer via a USB cable. Next, hit the More tools section at the bottom-left corner and enter the iOS System Recovery mode.
2. Detect the iPad problem.
The software will automatically detect the iPad and show the problem on the screen. After that, click the Start button to continue.
3. Repair iPad white screen of death automatically.
Confirm the iPad information on the screen. If incorrect, choose the right one from the drop-down list. Once confirmed, tap the Repair button to start fixing the iPad white screen of death issue.
What is the best way to fix the iPad white screen of death problem? For most people, it must be secure, easy, and has a high success rate. iPad System Recovery completely fulfills the requirements. Although all methods cannot guarantee that it works 100%, it has a higher success rate to repair the iPad white screen than any other method.
Besides, it intelligently fixes the issue and won't cause data loss under the Standard mode. Therefore, I highly recommend you choose it.