Restoring or updating iPad with iTunes quickly fixes all sorts of iOS glitches or minor bugs free of charge. iTunes is always a wonderful choice to get your device out of the issue whenever your iPad gets stuck, becomes slow, or develops other software errors. However, what to do if the iPad will not restore with iTunes? Do you have any good ideas?
If you are experiencing the iPad won't restore issue at this moment, read the seven possible methods below to troubleshoot the trouble step by step.
Way 1. Force Restart your iPad and Computer
Way 2. Update the Software on Your Mac or PC
Way 3. Change a Different USB Cable or Computer
Way 4. Check the Computer's Security Software
Way 5. Put Your iPad in Recovery Mode
Way 6. Fix iPad Unable to Restore via a Professional Tool (Recommended)
Way 7. Contact Apple Support
When the iPad cannot be restored with iTunes, the first way that occurs to you must be force restarting your device. As the operation varies with different iPad models, refer to the instructions below to restart your iPad.
Force restart iPad without a Home button:
Force restart iPad with a Home button:
If iTunes is up-to-date on your computer, the next thing you need to do is to reboot your computer. For a Windows PC, click the Start button at the lower-left corner > tap the Power button > Restart. For a Mac, tap the Apple icon at the top-left corner and select the Restart option on the drop-down menu.
Want to know how long it will take to restore an iPhone on iTunes or iCloud? You can click this post to get useful tips.
Why are my contacts not showing up on my iPhone? How can I work it out? Let's check it out.
If you haven't updated the software on your PC or Mac for a long time, the outdated version of iTunes can't restore your iPad successfully. To fix this, you can update the iTunes version on your computer.
On macOS X 10.11 and newer:
Alternatively, you can click the Apple menu at the upper-left corner > App Store > Updates to update the software on your Mac. If there's an available iTunes update, hit Install.
On Windows PC:
Looking for a way to transfer videos from Mac to an iPad? Here are 5 feasible approaches for your reference.
Cannot see your iPhone on iTunes? To solve this problem, you can read this tutorial.
If your iPad still could not be restored, try to restore it using a different Apple USB cable or computer, or switch to a different USB port and don't connect your keyboard. If the problem is port or cable-related, you will successfully resolve it. Otherwise, continue reading the following ways.
Sometimes, the third-party security software will interfere with the iPad connection with iTunes. Thus, when your iPad Pro doesn't restore, you will also need to temporarily check and exit the anti-virus software on your computer while restoring or updating your iPad.
Want to change iPhone video format to MP4? It's easy. Let's see this guide.
It is viable to turn off Find My iPhone without your Apple ID and password if you know these tricks.
Another way to fix the iPad won't restore issue is by restoring your iPad under recovery mode. To start with, you need to boot your iPad in Recovery mode.
1. Ensure that your Mac runs the latest operating system. If you are using iTunes, make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
2. On macOS Catalina and later, open Finder. On macOS Mojave or earlier or PC, run iTunes. If iTunes is already open, close it and then open it again.
3. Connect your iPad to the computer and wait until the recovery mode screen turns up:
For an iPad without a Home button:
For an iPad with a Home button:
4. Locate your iPad in the iTunes window. When it displays the option to Restore or Update, select Update. Then, wait until your computer finishes reinstalling the software without erasing data. If the download takes over 15 minutes and your iPad exits the recovery mode screen, wait until it finishes. Next, repeat step 3.
5. Set up your iPad once the update or restore completes.
People also need:
Click it, and you can easily transfer files from a PC to an iPad via a USB cable.
You can use a reliable recovery app to recover your iMessages on iOS devices.
Suppose the common ways cannot get the iPad won't restore issue resolved. In that case, we highly recommend iPad System Repair for you. The most professional iOS system repair tool enables you to fix a wide range of iOS system issues, including iPad won't restore.
The key features of iPad System Repair:
* Repair iPad won't restore issue without data loss.
* Fix more than 30 kinds of iOS system problems in a few clicks: Get stuck on Apple logo/recovery mode/DFU mode, frozen screen, blue/red/black/white screen of death, iTunes error 4005/4013, activation problem, etc.
* The easiest and safest repair plan for all iOS devices.
* Support all iPad models (iOS 16 compatible), like the new iPad mini/iPad 2021, iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, iPad Air 4/3/2/1, iPad mini 5/4/3/2/1, etc.
What to do when your iPad won't restore?
1. Install and run the software on your computer. Next, connect your iPad to the computer using a USB cable and select More tools > iOS System Recovery on the interface.
2. Let the program automatically detect the iPad issue. After it displays the problem on the interface, tap the Start button to continue.
3. Confirm the device information on the interface and choose the correct information from the drop-down menus if necessary. Later, click the Repair button to start fixing your iPad problem.
You may like:
Full Guide on How to Fix iTunes Error 4005 or iPhone Error 4005
iPhone Stuck on Restore Screen? 6 Easy Methods Here
If all the above methods cannot help you, contact Apple Support for help or take your iPad to the nearest Apple Store. Before paying your visit, ensure to make an appointment in advance and bring the purchase receipt if your device is still under warranty.
Although the iPad won't restore issue bothers you much, you can easily solve the problem yourself with the above troubleshooting methods. And you can directly jump to the intelligent tool iPad System Repair. After trial, you will find it save you much time to fix the issue and won't cause data loss. Moreover, it has a much higher success rate to bring your iPad to be normal than any other common solution.
Even though it fails, it's never too late to send your iPad to Apple Store for professional repair. What do you think?
iPhone Won't Slide to Unlock? Here are the Fixes
How to Fix iPhone Won't Restore Problem with 6 Ways?
How to Undo a Restore on iPhone 14/13/12/11/XS/XR/X/8 Instantly? (Blow-by-blow Tutorial)
13 Easy Tricks to iPhone/iPad Error 4013 or Error Code 4013
Ten Tricks for the Issue "Cannot Restore Backup to This iPhone Because the Software Is Too Old"
Troubleshooting for 'iPhone Cannot Be Used Because It Requires a Newer Version of iTunes' on Windows & Mac