As long as you have an iPhone or iPad, you might see the built-in Calendar app on your Apple device. And it is quite easy to add events to Calendar app to remind us to do important things in time and also to help you remember what you have done some time in the past. However, what if the calendar events disappear automatically? How to recover lost calendar events on iPhone? Worse still, some users reported that even the Calendar app disappears from iPhone, so how to restore Calendar app from iPhone, too?
Don't worry, these problems can be resolved easily and you can get back both the Calendar app and calendar events from your iPhone Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6/5 and etc. Now, let's look through this article to figure it out together.
Well, anyway, there should be at least one reason to explain why your Calendar app or Calendar events are missing from your iPhone or iPad. Actually, different devices may have different reasons to cause missing Calendar app and calendar events on iPhone. You can check the following possible reasons and make a guess which reason causes your iPhone calendar disappeared issue.
1. Software Update. Even though a new iOS update will bring some improvements in different features or performance, however, it may come along with some errors that you don't want, like disappearing calendar events or calendar app on iPhone.
2. Reset iPhone to Factory Settings. Restoring an iDevice to default factory settings will completely delete all content and settings on your device, including the calendar events you added on your iPhone Calendar app.
3. Mistaken deletion of Calendar Events or App. For lost Calendar events, you may have deleted the calendar events you added without realizing it. As for Calendar app, you may also delete it unconsciously for the default applications like Calendar app can be deleted in the latest iOS.
4. Restore iPhone from iCloud or iTunes Backup. Restoring a backup from iTunes or iCloud into iPhone will delete the existing files on iPhone, including calendar events, and replace it with the extracted files from backup of iTunes or iCloud.
5. System crashes. Sometimes iPhone system may go wrong if you have too much applications running in the background, or there are some incompatible apps with Calendar app installed on your iPhone.
Can't Miss: How to Print out Calendar Events from iPhone?
Tip 1. Reinstall Calendar App on iPhone
If you lose your Calendar app on your iPhone, please be noted that in iOS 10/iOS 11/iOS 12 or later, it supports to delete built-in applications on iDevice like Calendar app. So if you have mistakenly deleted Calendar app from iPhone, you can get back the Calendar app on your iPhone.
To do so, simply go to App Store, type "calendar" on the search bar to find out Calendar app, and redownload Calendar app on your iPhone.
If you are sure that you have not deleted Calendar app but it still disappeared from your iPhone unexpectedly, please keep reading.
Tip 2. Restart Your iPhone
If it's been a long time that you have not restarted your iPhone, your device may have something wrong, like iPhone runs slowly or iPhone Calendar app and events disappears. Restarting an iPhone may help you get back the Calendar app and calendar events.
- For iPhone Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6s Plus/6 Plus/6s/6/5s/5 or earlier, please press and hold the Power button on iPhone for a while till the "slide to power off" slider appears on screen. Then drag the slider to the right to turn it off. When it goes completely black, long press the Power button again to turn it on.
- For iPhone X, please long press the Power button and Volume Down button to bring out the slider, and then slide to turn off iPhone X. When the screen goes completely black, you can now reboot iPhone X.
For all iPhone models, you can go to "Settings" > "General" > "Shut Down" to power off iPhone easily. After restarting, you can check if the Calendar app comes back or not.
Tip 3. Check Network Connection on iPhone
Check if you have connected iPhone to the Internet successfully. If you are using iCloud calendar or other cloud calendar service, please make sure your iPhone is connected to the Internet, either Wi-Fi network or cellular data. Otherwise the cloud calendar may fail to sync calendar events onto your iPhone.
Tip 4. Turn on Calendar Sync on iCloud
For users who are using iCloud calendar or other online calendar services, please make sure you have turned on the Calendar sync on your device. To do so, please go to "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "Calendars" to switch it on. If the Calendar feature is on when you check it, please turn it off, wait for a few seconds and turn it on again on your iPhone to activate it.
Tip 5. Show All Calendar Events to Fix Old Events Disappearing
Due to restoration, upgrade or reset of your iPhone, some settings on Calendar app may be changed, which may make calendar events fail to sync to the stock Calendar app on iPhone, like the older events. To fix it, you can set up Calendar app to show all calendar events on your iPhone with the following steps:
Step 1. Unlock your iPhone and go to "Settings" > "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" on your device.
Step 2. Scroll down to CALENDARS section and tap "Sync" option to see more options.
Step 3. Under Sync page, please select "All Events" from the list like "Events 2 Weeks Back", "Events 1 Month Back", "Events 2 Months Back", "Events 3 Months Back", "Events 6 Months Back" and "All Events".
Step 4. Quit the Settings app, launch Calendar app and tap "Calendars". Now you might pull down the list of calendar to refresh it, and you might find out all the calendar events on your iPhone now.
You May Like: How to Recover Deleted Calendar from iPad
With the above tips, you are supposed to get the disappeared calendar app or calendar events back if your calendar is disappeared due to some other reasons but not deletion. However, if you mistakenly delete calendar events from your iPhone, the above methods can not help you get them back but the iOS Calendar Recovery - Coolmuster iOS Data Rescuer (Windows/Mac).
What the iOS Calendar Recovery Can Do for You:
This Coolmuster iOS Data Rescuer, which can be regarded as a professional Calendar Recovery for iPhone and iPad, can help you recover the lost or deleted calendars from iPhone or iPad due to different reasons, for example, your calendars are deleted by mistaken deletion, iDevice restored to factory settings, failure in iOS upgrading, jailbroken, refurbished, iDevice gets crashed, broken or locked by forgotten password and etc.
This recovery tool offers 2 different modes to help you restore deleted or lost calendar events: "Recover from iOS Device" without backup file and "Recover from iTunes Backup File". That is to say, you can either have your calendars back with or without backup files easily by scanning your iOS device or extracting iTunes backup files.
Besides calendars, you can also use it to restore other iOS data, including contacts, messages, notes, books, call history, photos, videos, music, apps and etc. from iPhone/iPad/iPod. And it is compatible with almost all models of iOS device, including iPhone Xs Max/Xs/XR/8/8 Plus/X/7 Plus/7/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5, iPad Pro/Air/mini, iPad with Retina display, The new iPad, iPad 2/1 and iPod touch/Shuffle/Nano/Classic.
Below are the free trails of the program in Windows and Mac version, please download and install the right version on your computer and start to recover lost iPhone calendars.
[User Guide] Steps to Recover Calendars from iPhone Directly without Backup:
Step 1. Launch the Calendar Recovery tool on your computer, and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable. Then you might see the main interface with two modes, just select "Recover from iOS Device" mode and click "StartScan" option to scan your iPhone for files.
Step 2. After quick scanning, you might see all the files from your iPhone, including the lost files and existing files. Simply click "Calendar" tap on the left panel to preview and select the lost calendar events you need, and hit "Recover" button to restore and save them on your computer right away.
If you have backed up your calendars to iTunes, you can also directly launch the program on your computer without connecting your iPhone to computer, and select "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode > hit "StartScan" button, and select the desired calendars and hit "Recover" button to get them back immediately.