When you accidentally lose some critical messages on Facebook Messenger, you may feel an overwhelming sense of loss because Facebook does not provide any backup and restoration options for you to trace the lost chat history. So, can't you retrieve the lost Facebook messages in any way?
That's not the case. Facebook does offer an archive option for removing the messages from the current folder to a hidden folder. Besides, you can find them back with the help of professional data recovery software. To know more about how to retrieve deleted messages on Messenger on iPhone, continue reading this tutorial.
Can You Recover Deleted Messenger Messages on iPhone?
Part 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Messenger on iPhone via Downloading Your Information
Part 2. How to Restore Deleted Messenger Messages on iPhone via Search
Part 3. How to Find Deleted Messages on Messenger App on iPhone with Unarchiving Messages
Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages on iPhone Using iPhone Messenger Recovery (Recommended)
When a message disappeared from the Facebook Messenger app, it is possibly archived. The archiving of a conversation makes it invisible and hidden from the chat history. In this case, you can easily find the archived messages via the method we will introduce later.
If the missing Facebook messages are not archived anyway, can you recover the deleted Messenger messages on iPhone? Well, probably. As long as you stop using your iPhone, especially the Facebook Messenger app, and switch off the Wi-Fi/cellular data immediately after the messages are missing, you can still recover the deleted messages with a professional data recovery program.
That is because continuing using your iPhone will create new data, which overwrites the deleted messages. Stop using your iPhone will prevent the deleted messages from permanently losing from your iPhone.
Now, let's see how to retrieve deleted messages on the Facebook Messenger app on iPhone with the following four methods.
This method downloads the Facebook message history in a specific timeframe. If you hope to recover the permanently deleted Facebook messages, it won't work.
How to retrieve deleted Facebook messages on iPhone?
1. Visit facebook.com from a web browser and enter your Facebook credentials to sign in.
2. Click the downward triangle at the upper-right corner and choose Settings > click Your Facebook Information from the left panel > tap Download Your Information.
3. Check Messages among all data types, choose a timeframe when you lose the Facebook messages and a file format, and hit the Create File option at the top-right corner.
Note: If you wonder how to see deleted messages on Messenger on the iPhone, you can view the downloaded file's messages, not from the Messenger app.
If you have archived the messages on Facebook Messenger, you can retrieve the lost messages via searching it. It is convenient and straightforward.
How do you retrieve deleted messages from Facebook Messenger on your iPhone?
1. Open the Messenger app on your iPhone and make the recent conversations show on the screen.
2. Press the Search bar on the top screen, input the keywords related to the message, and search for the conversation you want to find.
Another way to restore the archived messages on the Messenger app is to unarchive them. You can use this to find back the missing Facebook messages not permanently deleted from your iPhone.
How to get deleted Facebook messages back on my iPhone?
1. Tap Messages as if you will start a new conversation and choose your friend's name.
2. Click the Actions button on the top-right corner and tap Unarchive.
However, Facebook today seems to hide the Unarchive feature. If you cannot get the missing messages back via the above operations, you can do as the following guide does.
1. Launch the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone.
2. Enter a friend's name in the search box, and it will display the archived conversation you have with the friend.
3. Write a message and tap Send. Afterward, back to the home page of Messenger, you will find the conversation unarchived.
If you cannot restore the deleted messages via the above methods, do you know how to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger on iPhone? As we have mentioned initially, you can use a professional data recovery app - iPhone Messenger Recovery to get back the permanently deleted Facebook messages on your iPhone.
iPhone Messenger Recovery is a handy tool to safely recover the lost Facebook Messenger data, WhatsApp chat history, photos, contacts, call history, text messages, and other files from your iPhone directly or iTunes/iCloud backup. It works for all iPhone models and supports multiple scenarios.
Below are the highlights of iPhone Messenger Recovery:
* Safely recover the deleted WhatsApp chat history, Facebook Messenger messages, photos, contacts, iMessages, notes, etc., from your iPhone without backup.
* Easily restore the deleted Facebook Messenger data, WhatsApp conversation, Kik messages, photos, and other files from the iTunes or iCloud backup.
* Allow you to preview and select the specific file you want to recover or restore.
* Many scenarios supported, such as accidental deletion, water damaged iPhone, system crash, iOS update failure, jailbreak failure, forgot lock screen password, broken iPhone, no backup file, stolen iPhone, etc.
* Fully compatible with iOS 14 and iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
* High speed and success rate.
How to recover deleted messages on Messenger on iPhone using iPhone Messenger Recovery?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
After installing the program on your PC, please open it and connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable. Then, click the Recover from iOS Device mode from the left window.
2. Scan the Facebook messages on the iPhone.
Tap the Start Scan button to scan the iPhone data, including the Facebook Messenger messages and other files.
3. Selectively recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger.
After scanning, click the Messenger or Messenger Attachments option from the left sidebar, preview and check the files you want to recover, and hit the Recover button to start the recovery process.
That's how to recover deleted messages in Messenger iOS. During the process, you can also view the deleted message and its attachments on Messenger directly.
Now you get to know how to retrieve deleted messages on Messenger on iPhone. If you have deleted the Facebook messages from your device, I don't recommend using the former three methods since they can only restore the archived conversation.
To recover the deleted Messenger messages on iPhone without backup, I strongly recommend trying iPhone Messenger Recovery. It is secure, easy, and user-friendly to use. Besides, you can even preview and choose the messages you want before recovery.
If you need technical support from us, please leave a comment below.