"Hi, is there any way to retrieve Snapchat chats that haven't been saved? All the Phone recovery software is phony, unfortunately. Does Snapchat still have a nomedia file with the contexts saved? And if so, is it possible to retrieve and view the messages? All the best."
- Posted by Becerillo in Reddit
As a famous photo-sharing app, Snapchat has captured over 173 million active users each day. But one headache is that the messages are only visible for users after viewing in 24 hours. Therefore, many people wonder how to recover Snapchat messages on the iPhone.
Is there a way to see old Snapchats? Of course. Here you go! You will learn four effective ways in this guide to find the deleted Snapchat messages on your iPhone.
Part 1. How to Save Snapchat Messages on iPhone Manually
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on iPhone via My Data Feature
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Conversations on iPhone via the File Manager App
Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Messages from Snapchat on iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery
The easiest way to recover Snapchat messages on iPhone is to save the messages manually. Here's how:
1. Launch the Snapchat app and ensure that you have signed in.
2. Scroll down the screen to open a conversation and press & hold the message you want to save.
3. Choose the Save in Chat option to save it to the local storage. Once done, it will highlight the saved message in grey color.
Note that the other person in the conversation will know you have saved the message.
Suppose you have submitted a request in the Snapchat My Data screen before the messages are automatically deleted from your Snapchat. In that case, you can restore the deleted Snapchat messages from the backup file without a Snapchat message recovery app for iPhone.
Let's check how to recover deleted messages on Snapchat:
1. Submit a request on the Snapchat My Data page. Open the My Data page and sign in with your email account and password. Afterward, choose the messages option and click the Submit Request button. Then, the Snapchat Support Team will prepare a copy of your data and send you an email.
2. Please open the email when you receive it, click the Download link to access the My Data page, and tap the mydata.zip to download it to your iPhone.
3. View and recover the deleted Snapchat messages. After extracting mydata.zip on your iPhone, tap the new folder and open the index.html file. Here, you will view the deleted Snapchat messages you have made previously.
Bonus: You can effortlessly remove MDM profile on an iPad, so long as you take a look at this article.
Want a way to recover Snapchat messages without a computer? With the help of a File Manager app, you can recover the unsaved messages in the .nomedia file without installing any Snapchat message recovery tools. There are many File Manager apps in the App Store, and you can download one reliable tool and start the steps below.
How to view deleted messages on Snapchat?
1. Install and open a File Manager app on your iPhone.
2. Find the files with the .nomedia extension and choose each file one by one.
3. Rename all files by deleting the .nomedia extension. After that, you can freely view the old Snapchat messages.
You might like: Here are 9 apps for transferring pictures from iDevices to PC without trouble. Let's take a look.
What if you don't back up the Snapchat messages or the above methods fail to recover Snapchat messages on iPhone? You can use iPhone Data Recovery to recover the deleted Snapchat messages and other missing files. With support to data recovery from iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud, it will quickly find out the lost contacts, messages, notes, photos, and other data in no time.
Key features of iPhone Data Recovery:
* Recover the deleted videos, text messages, iMessages, contacts, photos, notes, social platform data (like WhatsApp, Line, Kik, Facebook, etc.), and other files from your iPhone, iTunes, or iCloud.
* Support various scenarios: Accidental deletion, no backup of iPhone, water-damaged iPhone, broken/lost/stolen iPhone, system crash, jailbreak failure, forgot password, stuck in Apple logo/recovery mode/DFU mode, etc.
* Preview all scanned-out data and choose the specific items to recover.
* Work with all iPhone models, such as iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/SE/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S, etc.
To recover the Snapchat messages on iPhone:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
After installing the program on your computer, open it and plug your iPhone into the computer via a USB cable. Next, choose the Recover from iOS Device mode from the left window.
2. Scan the iPhone data automatically.
When it detects your iPhone, tap the Start Scan button to scan your iPhone files. Once finished, it will display all the iPhone data on the interface. Choose the Messages tab on the left column to preview all the messages, including the Snapchat chats.
3. Recover Snapchat messages on iPhone.
Check the Snapchat messages you want to recover and press the Recover button to save them to your computer.
In this post, we mainly discuss four possible ways to recover Snapchat messages on iPhone. As each way has its prerequisites, you can freely pick the way you like most. You can also recover other files with iPhone Data Recovery. Additionally, if you encounter any problems while recovery, please leave a comment below.