[Fixed] How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone 12/11/X with or without Backup? (4 Ways)
"I shot a video using the DJI app on my iPhone. However, the video got deleted, and I can't find it anywhere. Is there any data recovery tool that can retrieve this video? The video didn't save to my Photos app, which is the frustration part."
Chubby Raccoon asked this question online 3 months ago. I came across this heartbreaking post recently and felt sorry for what he had suffered. Calm me down, and I find iPhone video recovery is easy to make. Follow this guide if you wonder how to recover deleted videos from an iPhone with or without a backup.
Part 1. Can You Recover Deleted Videos on iPhone?
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone Using iPhone Videos Recovery Selectively
Part 3. How to Restore Deleted Videos on iPhone from the Recently Deleted Folder
Part 4. How to Retrieve Deleted Videos on iPhone through iCloud Backup (Data Loss)
Part 5. How to Get Deleted Videos Back on iPhone from iTunes Backup or iTunes Store (Data Loss)
Bonus: Useful Tips to Keep Your Videos Safe
This question occurred to you immediately after accidentally deleting videos on the iPhone. When there is a backup of iPhone videos before deletion, recovery chances are much higher than being without.
The deleted videos are not actually removed from the iOS system but still occupy the system space until the new data generates and overwrites them. If you avoid creating any new data on your iPhone, you will probably recover the iPhone's deleted movies.
To successfully find the deleted videos back, please stop using your iPhone, switch off the Wi-Fi/cellular data, and follow our guidance below.
iPhone Videos Recovery is the professional software that can safely recover the lost videos, text messages, photos, contacts, etc., from your iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud to your iPhone on a computer. It supports up to 19 sorts of different file types and all scenarios that cause you to lose your iPhone files.
The key features of iPhone Videos Recovery:
* 3 kinds of recovery modes work for almost all generations of iPhone: Recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, and recover from iCloud backup.
* Support up to 19 different kinds of data from your iPhone, including text messages, iMessages, videos, photos, contacts, call history, WhatsApp/Kik/Line/Viber/Messenger messages & attachments, Safari history and bookmarks, app documents, etc.
* Recover files under various scenarios: Accidental deletion, broken screen, no backup of iPhone, water-damaged iPhone, lost/stolen iPhone, system crash, iOS update failure, jailbreak failure, password forgot, iPhone stuck, etc.
* High speed & success rate, one-click operation, and secure to use.
* Selectively recover the deleted videos from an iPhone without backup.
* Work for almost all iPhone models (iOS 14 supported), such as iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4S, etc.
But how can I recover the deleted videos from my iPhone? You get three options with this app.
2.1 Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone without Backup
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Open the iPhone Videos Recovery on your computer after installing it and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Then, choose the Recover from iOS Device mode from the left panel.
2. Scan the iPhone data.
Click the Start Scan button to start scanning the iPhone files. After scanning, you will see all iPhone files in classified groups on this program.
3. Selectively recover the deleted movies on iPhone.
Tap Camera Roll from the left window, preview and choose the desired videos, then hit the Recover button to get back the deleted videos to your computer.
2.2 Restore Accidentally Deleted Videos on iPhone from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes and the backup file contains the deleted videos, you can easily restore the deleted videos from iTunes backup with the following steps:
1. Scan the iTunes backup files.
After installing the app and connecting your iPhone to the computer, click Recover from iTunes Backup File from the left window. It will automatically detect and load the iTunes backup records that you have done with this computer. Once finished, select the right backup history from the list and press the Start Scan button.
2. Selectively retrieve the deleted videos on your iPhone.
After scanning, choose Camera Roll from the left window, preview and tick the videos you want to restore, and tap the Recover button below.
2.3 Retrieve Deleted Videos on iPhone from iCloud Backup
Similarly, you may also regularly back up your iPhone videos to iCloud. If you have done this before, you can handily restore the deleted videos from the iCloud backup with this powerful app.
The steps are as below:
1. Scan the videos on iCloud.
After running this app and connecting your iPhone, choose the Recover from iCloud Backup File mode from the left column, and sign in with the same iCloud account you use for backup. Then click the Download button next to your iPhone's latest backup history and click Media > Next to start scanning the iCloud media backups.
2. Selectively restore the deleted movies on your iPhone.
Choose Camera Roll from the left navigation bar, preview and check the wanted videos, and hit the Recover button below.
Tips: All three modes won't cause data loss on your iPhone. Thus, you can freely choose one mode you like to recover videos from your iPhone selectively.
When you delete videos from your iPhone, it will be stored in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days or so. When this date expires, it will permanently erase the videos from your iPhone. If you don't clear the folder before the expiring date, you can get the deleted videos back from the Recently Deleted folder.
How to find the deleted videos on your iPhone?
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to the Recently Deleted folder at the screen's bottom, tap the videos you want to restore, and hit the Recover button.
iCloud is Apple's wireless way to back up the iOS device data. If you have enabled the automatic backup of videos on your iPhone before they are missing, you can restore the deleted videos from the iCloud backup. However, this way will erase all the existing data on your iPhone. Therefore, making a backup of your iPhone is necessary if you do not want to lose data any longer. You can click here to learn how to back up and restore iPhone.
1. Go to iPhone's Settings, click General, and choose Reset.
2. Tap Erase All Contents and Settings > Erase Now, enter your passcode, and hit Erase iPhone. This will erase all the iPhone content and restart your iPhone automatically.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone. When you reach the Apps and Data screen, click Restore from iCloud Backup, input the Apple ID and password to sign in, and choose the most relevant backup file. Finally, hit Restore to start the restoring process.
If you backed up the iPhone videos to your computer with iTunes previously, you can also fast restore the deleted videos from the iTunes backup files. There are many ways to restore deleted movies from the iTunes backup. Apart from the method in Part 2, you can also use iTunes. However, the restoring process will erase the current data on your iPhone. At this moment, you will also need to back up the entire data on your iPhone first.
Let's see how to recover deleted videos from iPhone 12/11/X via iTunes.
1. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer. Once successfully connected, click the iPhone icon on the top left, choose Restore Backup, and click a relevant backup file.
3. Tap Restore and wait until the whole process is complete.
Meanwhile, if you want to restore other files from the iTunes backup, you can try Coolmuster iOS Data Recovery for iPhone iPad iPod. This professional data recovery app for iOS devices allows you to preview & selectively restore the deleted photos, calendars, contacts, reminders, notes, and other messages from the iTunes backup to your iPhone in one click.
The videos indicate our interests and record the highlights of our lives. Although we can store the videos on your iPhone, it is not completely safe. Hence, backing up videos is of vital importance.
The following useful tips show you how to keep iPhone videos safe.
* Set up a password. The essential way to prevent others from spying and accessing your iPhone content is to create a password. To set it up, head to iPhone's Settings > Touch ID & Password > record your fingerprints and enter a password > enable iPhone Unlock.
* Sync your media files to Cloud or computer. iCloud or iTunes are two safe solutions to back up your iPhone. What's more, you can also back up your iPhone to a computer using Dropbox, iOS Assistant, and other methods. Read the full guide on how to back up your iPhone to a computer and learn more.
* Select a reliable recovery app. iPhone Videos Recovery works well for various iOS devices and performs a deep scan of both lost and existing files on your iDevice. You can recover various file types on it without difficulties.
How to recover deleted videos from iPhone? Now you know there are two directions to find them back - recover the deleted videos from the backup or without a backup. As you can see, restoring videos from backups using iCloud or iTunes is not very secure. If you do not want to lose other data any longer, iPhone Videos Recovery is the best choice for you.
Unlike iCloud or iTunes' way that causes data loss during recovery, this app helps you safely recover the deleted movies from your iPhone itself without backup and extract the deleted videos from the iTunes or iCloud backup. Moreover, no data loss will happen during the recovery process. So, why not give iPhone Videos Recovery a try?
If you need help when using the above methods, feel free to leave a comment below.