We would prefer to change PDF files into images like TIFF, BMP, GIF, etc. because it is much more convenient to view images than PDF in any platform. You can open images easily without installing additional program while it is not the case with PDF files. You have to install a PDF viewer in order to read PDF files. What’s more, image is friendlier than PDF in displaying in portable devices. In a word, it is quite necessary to learn how to convert PDF to TIFF/BMP/GIF images.
Here in the follow, we will show you how to convert PDF to BMP/GIF/TIFF image formats with Mac's Preview application and Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro for Mac. The former is the built-in application for Mac which can handle a wide range of conversion tasks without downloading third-party software. And the later is desktop software which is professional in converting PDF to popular file formats, such as Word, Text, ePub, Image and HTML. Read on and pick out your favorite one.
Besides file and image converting ability, Preview also can be the default PDF viewer in Mac OS X. Below are the steps for converting PDF to TFF on Mac OS X with Preview:
1. Open the target PDF file in Preview;
2. Navigate to the "File" menu and click "Print" from the pull-down list;
3. Click the drop-down menu of "PDF" and choose "Save PDF to iPhoto". Choose the format as TIFF. And then, the PDF will be saved as TIFF automatically with Preview;
4. Adjust the output quality and click "Save" to complete the conversion.
Pro: It is completely free to convert PDF to TIFF images.
Con: Preview is unable to convert PDF to GIF and BMP, and you can only export only the current page.
Read More Useful Articles:
If you have multiple PDF files need to be converted to not only TIFF, but also other image formats like BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, etc. Preview can no longer meet your requirement. You need to try the all-in-1 PDF conversion software, Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro for Mac. It can not only help you convert PDF to all image formats, but also to ePub eBooks, Word documents, TXT files, HTML webpages, etc. Supports perfect batch conversion that you can convert several PDF files into GIF/TIFF/BMP images with one click.
Take a look at the main interface of the Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro for Mac:
It also comes with Windows version. If you are using a Windows PC, you can get the free trial version of the Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro and convert PDF to TIFF/GIF/BMP on Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows XP.
Take a look at the main interface of the Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro for Windows:
Download the free trial version of the PDF conversion software:
Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro can batch convert PDF to TIFF/BMP/GIF in 3 steps:
1. Launch the software on your Mac or PC, click "Add Files" or "Add Folder" to load the target PDF files to the program.
2. Choose conversion type as "PDF to Image" and select TIFF, BMP or GIF as the output format.
3. Select an output folder to save the export images and then click "Start" to kick off the conversion.